HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Today I've received the letter from the consulate with my interview date: March 19th :yes: and I had to schedule the appointment for the medical myself and this will take place at March 10th :D

K1:

11-13-2015: I129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

11-27-2015: NOA1 Hardcopy

01-02-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy

03-10-2016: Medical appointment

03-17-2016: Interview --> APPROVED

05-16-2016: Moved to the USA

05-24-2016: Married (L)

05-25-2016: Applied for SSN (card got lost in mail)

AOS:

06-17-2016: AOS Package sent

07-02-2016: NOA1

07-02-2016: Applied again for SSN (denied because of expired I-94)

10-18-2016: AP 'Case was approved'

10-18-2016: EAD 'New card is being produced '

10-21-2016: AP Hardcopy of approval in mail

11-01-2016: EAD/AP 'Card was mailed to me'

11-04-2016: EAD/AP card received.

11-07-2016: Applied again for a SSN

11-29-2016: SSN received

12-12-2016: AOS approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Today I've received the letter from the consulate with my interview date: March 19th :yes: and I had to schedule the appointment for the medical myself and this will take place at March 10th :D

Congrats!!!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who got their interview!!!

I have mine next Thursday as well. So I guess we need the 2015 tax return.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2016-05-11

NOA Date : 2016-05-19

Bio: 2016-06-20

Service request for EAD: 2016-07-28 ( day 76)

EAD APPROVED: 2016-08-01.

EAD recieved: 2016-08-06.

GC Approved : 2016-09-26.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

Ugh. HYPERVENTILATING

I called Aisha today. Gave her the date/time of my flight arrival. And then asked a very bad question on my part...I did this to myself :bonk:

"Is there anything you want me to bring?"

Seems like a innocent question. But what seems innocent turns out to be not so innocent :dead:

She says, bring a nice dress. :blink::blink::blink: I catch my breath, and to confirm what I just heard. You want it for the interview?

Yes.

:dead: I have tried to pick clothes for her in the past and perhaps out of 30 dresses, I only got 2 right (Wedding dress was one, the other was a maxi dress). :blink:

Now the biggest day for us in this 'journey' is going to turn into another nightmare for me. Picking the right dress, and worse yet----getting the right size.

There is one thing I have learned about lady clothes is that the sizes are never the same. She wears a 2, but sometimes a 4. And she wants long dresses that touch the floor. Well she is not a normal height lady at 5'9", and it is very hard to find these long dresses.

And when I get this wrong, which I will do, it will be my fault. :bonk: No matter that I've explained to her that she is not normal, and it is hard for me to find what she likes in the right size.

The only good thing that came out of this conversation is that I don't have to get the shoes.

If there is any suggestion for my salvation, I am all ears. :help::help::help:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:girlwerewolf2xn::girlwerewolf2xn:

Ugh. HYPERVENTILATING

I called Aisha today. Gave her the date/time of my flight arrival. And then asked a very bad question on my part...I did this to myself :bonk:

"Is there anything you want me to bring?"

Seems like a innocent question. But what seems innocent turns out to be not so innocent :dead:

She says, bring a nice dress. :blink::blink::blink: I catch my breath, and to confirm what I just heard. You want it for the interview?

Yes.

:dead: I have tried to pick clothes for her in the past and perhaps out of 30 dresses, I only got 2 right (Wedding dress was one, the other was a maxi dress). :blink:

Now the biggest day for us in this 'journey' is going to turn into another nightmare for me. Picking the right dress, and worse yet----getting the right size.

There is one thing I have learned about lady clothes is that the sizes are never the same. She wears a 2, but sometimes a 4. And she wants long dresses that touch the floor. Well she is not a normal height lady at 5'9", and it is very hard to find these long dresses.

And when I get this wrong, which I will do, it will be my fault. :bonk: No matter that I've explained to her that she is not normal, and it is hard for me to find what she likes in the right size.

The only good thing that came out of this conversation is that I don't have to get the shoes.

If there is any suggestion for my salvation, I am all ears. :help::help::help:

Buy a dress that is too big and then find a good taylor in Ethiopia to modify it.

event.png

Timeline

Buy a dress that is too big and then find a good taylor in Ethiopia to modify it.

Good logical answer from a man :idea::thumbs::star:

Apparently you haven't bought a dress on your own before. It is not cool for me to say that I have done this, so no foul on your part.

All dresses, that I've found, come in one length based on that design, or manufacturer.

Small, Medium, Large, or the numbered 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

Yeap, crazy. If it is 55 in. long, it is 55 in. for all sizes. Most all dresses are made for average height, which seems to be around 5'3" or there abouts.

I do not understand why men's clothes come in waist and length, and ladies come in one length fits all.

What is most disturbing is that I know so much now about women's dresses.....But apparently not enough to know where to get the long dresses for a NBA point guard. :dead:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good logical answer from a man :idea::thumbs::star:

Apparently you haven't bought a dress on your own before. It is not cool for me to say that I have done this, so no foul on your part.

All dresses, that I've found, come in one length based on that design, or manufacturer.

Small, Medium, Large, or the numbered 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

Yeap, crazy. If it is 55 in. long, it is 55 in. for all sizes. Most all dresses are made for average height, which seems to be around 5'3" or there abouts.

I do not understand why men's clothes come in waist and length, and ladies come in one length fits all.

What is most disturbing is that I know so much now about women's dresses.....But apparently not enough to know where to get the long dresses for a NBA point guard. :dead:

GIRL TIP:

There's a wonderful fast-fashion site called ASOS. And it's perfect for you: in the garment details, it'll tell you what size and how tall the model of the dress is. Many of the models are 5'9"! Check it out :)

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maxi-Dress-With-Ladder-Inserts/1960my/?iid=6199359&cid=9979&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=445&gridsize=3&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1NYXhpLURyZXNzLVdpdGgtTGFkZGVyLUluc2VydHMvUHJvZC8.

Also, if you're worried about your trusting your taste (my fiance always is), you could also always buy two or three options, take them to her to pick out which one she likes best, and return the others when you get back to the states. BUT, you also risk her liking all of them and wanting to keep them all, too :oops::rofl:

Good luck on your shopping adventures!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Timeline

GIRL TIP:

There's a wonderful fast-fashion site called ASOS. And it's perfect for you: in the garment details, it'll tell you what size and how tall the model of the dress is. Many of the models are 5'9"! Check it out :)

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maxi-Dress-With-Ladder-Inserts/1960my/?iid=6199359&cid=9979&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=445&gridsize=3&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1NYXhpLURyZXNzLVdpdGgtTGFkZGVyLUluc2VydHMvUHJvZC8.

Also, if you're worried about your trusting your taste (my fiance always is), you could also always buy two or three options, take them to her to pick out which one she likes best, and return the others when you get back to the states. BUT, you also risk her liking all of them and wanting to keep them all, too :oops::rofl:

Good luck on your shopping adventures!

Oh great now I'm getting a girl tip. My family is going to roll if they found out. There is that Hispanic macho stuff still in south Texas.

But COOL!!!! That site rocks. Yes I'll get a couple...no miss.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh great now I'm getting a girl tip. My family is going to roll if they found out. There is that Hispanic macho stuff still in south Texas.

But COOL!!!! That site rocks. Yes I'll get a couple...no miss.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Haha oh I know, but there's also that saying, "Happy wife, happy life!!!" :goofy:

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: Timeline

Do they ask for proof of an actual ceremonial western wedding in the near future? What if we want to sign marriage papers and then have a lavish wedding some months from now? It's not easy to pay for this and a wedding.

Oh and how do people plan for a wedding when we aren't sure of the actual date they will get visa to come here?

+1 happy wife is happy life

is it too dangerous to show her the websight?

pro: you are guaranteed she will pick what she likes

con: she might like 5 of them

in Thailand you see lots of guys who look like they've been hung over at the beach for a week alongside impeccably dressed up women. this is especially true when it's hookers, but Thais (and women) tend to dress well, and for some reason foreigners dress like they are at the beach even when the beach is 1000km away. I do manual labour in the usa, so when I can actually dress in human clothes, I do so. she likes to tell the story of when her friends came to pick her up for dinner, and sent her back to her apartment to change her clothes because they were taking her to a much nicer restaurant than she was dressed for 555

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey all! I have a quick question for those who have been through the NVC stage....I just called and they said they received my case today and I should hear back from them within 42 days. Is this when people start calling everyday? :) I tried to read past posts but over 200 pages with most people in interview stage it is hard to find! Thanks for your advice.

Timeline

+1 happy wife is happy life

is it too dangerous to show her the websight?

pro: you are guaranteed she will pick what she likes

con: she might like 5 of them

in Thailand you see lots of guys who look like they've been hung over at the beach for a week alongside impeccably dressed up women. this is especially true when it's hookers, but Thais (and women) tend to dress well, and for some reason foreigners dress like they are at the beach even when the beach is 1000km away. I do manual labour in the usa, so when I can actually dress in human clothes, I do so. she likes to tell the story of when her friends came to pick her up for dinner, and sent her back to her apartment to change her clothes because they were taking her to a much nicer restaurant than she was dressed for 555

Actually I do not mind the 5 dress. Internet is the choke point.

We all know about us American foreigners and our dress. I was visiting a friend of mine at Stuttgart Germany. He worked at the US military base. He told me it is sooooo easy to pick out the Americans. Of course we were talking about ladies. He said the American ladies all wear Wal-Mart warmups; on base and off. Then he told me to notice the Germans, no matter if 16 or 65 all dressed nice. After that I noticed everywhere I went in the various continents; especially at the airports. Easy to pick out the Americans.

Hey all! I have a quick question for those who have been through the NVC stage....I just called and they said they received my case today and I should hear back from them within 42 days. Is this when people start calling everyday? :) I tried to read past posts but over 200 pages with most people in interview stage it is hard to find! Thanks for your advice.

yes. start calling everyday. Since they have your case, it should get a # and sent out within the next couple of business days. It took 2 days for mine.

Timeline

Do they ask for proof of an actual ceremonial western wedding in the near future? What if we want to sign marriage papers and then have a lavish wedding some months from now? It's not easy to pay for this and a wedding.

Oh and how do people plan for a wedding when we aren't sure of the actual date they will get visa to come here?

A former supervisor once coined the term "Sempre Gumby", which is applicable to this situation.

Sempre = Always

Gumby = Flexible

Have your plan ready, and then execute when you get the date....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.