HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

@ ericandom: bkk typically (as per vj timelines) issues approved visas immediately, and most people have them in hand within 3 business days. excited for you, but also keen to know how long it is for you as you are just ahead of me in the queue.

I too was figuring on about 6 months, I am pleased it went so quickly. Btw, the CO was amused that I submitted a photo of me and my fiancee posing in front of the embassy. Apparently he likes golf too, so maybe wearing a PGA golf t-shirt or golfing photos may help to get on his sympathetic side. 5555

I was also thinking about the Elvis wedding in Vegas for fun, didn't know bagpipes were an option though. More than likely though, it will be a boring county courthouse affair...

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

@ demelat

it took us over a month from noa2 to "ready" on the CEAC websight, including and a couple weeks for the transfer and embassy processing. for whatever that is worth.

oh ...i thought am z only one!! wish u good luck !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Today my fiancé will pass through Houston immigrations at like 4:30pm. He's got a 5 hour layover, so plenty of time to pass through immigrations and customs and catch his next flight! Then to Chicago, Denver, then finally Bismarck!

I dread Chicago as they always have problems with flights being delayed for some stupid reason or another, but it was the only cheap ticket so....meh

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Kehinde, on 04 Feb 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

HELP! Iam locked out of inquiry status check because of inactivity. Can anyone tell me another way of checking my case status?

Have you tried here. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

shergills, on 04 Feb 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

consulate in new delhi recieved my case yesterday... and status says its ready... what i need to do next guys?

Go to their website and read what is next. http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I'm not certain bagpipes are available, but it seems like it should be possible, no? it's Vegas after all.

plus all the talk here of blowing into bags, it just seemed apropos.

speaking of visa worries entering the usa, I have a very generic name, apparently there is someone with a similar name and similar birthdate who is on a wanted list. this delays me at the airport for 1-2 hrs every time upon return to the USA. if you think the k-1 is difficult, let me tell you about dealing with the uscis trying to clear my good name.....

so I fully expect her to get thru immigration far faster than me. funny (sorta)

Timeline

One day after interview, CEAC status changed to "Advanced processing" and now to "Issued"...

That went fast...

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

Hey, how about that 2015 income tax statement? Maybe at they will ask for it at the airport :secret:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

speaking of visa worries entering the usa, I have a very generic name, apparently there is someone with a similar name and similar birthdate who is on a wanted list. this delays me at the airport for 1-2 hrs every time upon return to the USA. if you think the k-1 is difficult, let me tell you about dealing with the uscis trying to clear my good name.....

so I fully expect her to get thru immigration far faster than me. funny (sorta)

hahahahhahahahahahhaha..

Have I got a story to tell about "generic name, apparently there is someone with a similar name and similar birthdate who is on a wanted list."

I used to travel internationally a lot up till last year. And starting around 2009 I stated getting arrested by homeland at the airport each time I came into the USA. They called it 'detained' for questioning.

Each time I asked the officer why I was being arrested, and he said "detained". I said it is the same thing, just a different name. He tells me to be arrested is when they handcuff you. I tell him not so, it is when the person is held against their will--I suggested he look up the definition.

They ask me questions about my height, eye color, where I been, what I do. I asked once why they asked, because they have my passport. I was told it could be fake--We the People of the USA spent billions to convert our passports to have microchips embedded into the passport, and it can still be fake go figure.

Then in Miami, after going through the detain/arrest discussion, and the officer said I could go, I asked why I was being arrested each time I came into the USA. He said it was because of my name. There are a lot of wanted felons with this name, and approximate birthday.

6 months later I'm coming through Miami again, and of course 'detained'. The officer who questions me is the same guy from before. He smiles and tells me "you're right you're under arrest, I looked it up".

I'm surprised. I said you must have had like 10,000 people through here since the last time I was there, how do you remember me? He said yes, but you're the only one that ever said what I said.

And he told me I know you, "You're free to go, have a great day".

That was the last time I got arrested........

Moral of the Story: Sometimes it pays to be a smart as

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

ha jaime that's a good story. I need to take a page from your book, I recognize my buffoons since I'm coming off the same flight every time, for the past 8 years now, but my smart as almost got me in real handcuffs from them once or twice.

arrested it is.

k-1, piece of cake.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

The code would be EXP 01 FEB2016A

...if I remember correctly. And the spacing is important

You can use a range of dates from like Jan 28th - today

Country destination as: uganda

Edited by JJGussiaas (Gush)

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Timeline

ha jaime that's a good story. I need to take a page from your book, I recognize my buffoons since I'm coming off the same flight every time, for the past 8 years now, but my smart as almost got me in real handcuffs from them once or twice.

arrested it is.

k-1, piece of cake.....

Remember, it is not what you say, but how you say it...Always with a smile, and asking for help---

Example of that, another story.

Coming through Atlanta. At the desk the officer looks at his computer and tells me to wait. Another officer comes over and moves me to a small desk close by. He says "Hello, how are you doing?"

Me, I am one of these wacko guys who doesn't like the phrase "how are you doing" being used as just a general pleasantry with the form answer of "good, how about you". Nope, especially when on that trip it was a trip from hell to get to Atlanta--coming from Argentina. Over 3 days with delays, power outages at the airport, on and on.

So how did I answer? "Not good, it has been a really bad trip". He looked up, with a snarl, and said, and I quote:

"You are not suppose to answer like that. Even if you are at a funeral and someone asks you how you are doing, you are suppose to say fine, or good".

I respond, "But I am not good, so why would I lie?"

And he then said, "You are a smart as", and sent me to the "detention office".........

Note To Self: 1) Avoid traveling with Jaime. 2) Jaime now plans his trips with a minimum 4 hour layover when coming into the USA, just in case. 3) Jaime has identified flights for bring Aisha into the USA with 7 hour layover, just in case Jaime's previous bad rep catches up

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Remember, it is not what you say, but how you say it...Always with a smile, and asking for help---

Example of that, another story.

Coming through Atlanta. At the desk the officer looks at his computer and tells me to wait. Another officer comes over and moves me to a small desk close by. He says "Hello, how are you doing?"

Me, I am one of these wacko guys who doesn't like the phrase "how are you doing" being used as just a general pleasantry with the form answer of "good, how about you". Nope, especially when on that trip it was a trip from hell to get to Atlanta--coming from Argentina. Over 3 days with delays, power outages at the airport, on and on.

So how did I answer? "Not good, it has been a really bad trip". He looked up, with a snarl, and said, and I quote:

"You are not suppose to answer like that. Even if you are at a funeral and someone asks you how you are doing, you are suppose to say fine, or good".

I respond, "But I am not good, so why would I lie?"

And he then said, "You are a smart as", and sent me to the "detention office".........

Note To Self: 1) Avoid traveling with Jaime. 2) Jaime now plans his trips with a minimum 4 hour layover when coming into the USA, just in case. 3) Jaime has identified flights for bring Aisha into the USA with 7 hour layover, just in case Jaime's previous bad rep catches up

Seemed like they overreacted a little. I thought you were supposed to tell them the truth lol.

Reminds me of when I got back from Brazil in August. I started in Rio, stopped in Punta Cana DR, stopped in Miami then jumped on another airline and ended in Atlanta. In Miami, I only had like an hour layover. I went through immigration and was immediately flagged. They pulled me aside along with a whole other family. One of the agents gathered the family into a room to talk with them. Another agent took my luggage and cell phone, then threw me into a locked cell by myself with like 5 chairs. I waited there for 20 minutes not knowing why I was put there, I was freaking out especially since I didn't know if I would make my flight.

Eventually he comes back and lets me out. Then he took every thing out of my luggage and backpack and inspected everything I had. He started to ask me all kinds of questions about my trip, who I was with etc. I told him about my fiance. I answered truthfully and finally he said take your stuff and leave. I then asked him, "What did I do wrong?". He then explains to me that I was flagged because I overstayed my tourist visa (I was there 3 months) and that always brings up questions to why. They have had situations with people bringing things into the country illegally. He told me to be more careful with my visa and when my fiance comes, "Do it the legal way." I grabbed my things and was able to catch my flight with 10 minutes to spare. This all happened to me, an American. So those of you who are not American, do the right thing! They don't mess around.

Lessons learned......Always tell the agents the truth, never try to get away with anything, do what they say and answer them calmly and politely, don't overstay your visa, get a longer layover

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.