HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I called the embassy they said I must wait for their email before doing anything. I should have asked how they even know my email address but totally blanked and now their closed......How would they know my email?

Did you actually call the embassy, or a call center? :reading:

That sounds like the same speech I got when I called, and I asked how they know my email. I asked the person helping me, who identified himself as being with the Ethiopian Embassy, where he was physically located. Actually I stated in a question that he did not sound like he was in Ethiopia. He was a little surprised, but admitted that he was in a call center, not located in Ethiopia.

This told me he was reading from a script, who knows how old, and more likely just generic. I said thank you for all your assistance, and bye. Was annoyed, and just moved forward with my plan based on what I had read.

As soon as I got the NVC case number, I submitted the DS-160. Used the DS-160 number for the on-line scheduler. My thought was that if the packet 3 was so important that the scheduler would tell me, or stop me. Nope. It set up the Visa payment, and told me what to do next, which then let me schedule. Never a mention of a Packet 3.

I sent a email to the consulate, stating that I was paying for the Visa, and scheduling the interview. Was there any documentation or something I needed to wait for. I got a response about 8 days later, with a cover-letter/checklist (i.e. Packet 3).

NOTE: I sent a email inquiry to all K-1 visa applicants (listed on VJ) from Ethiopia for the past year asking them about the Packet 3. Each said it was required for the medical/police. One of my fellow applicants contacted the hospital and found out that only the interview confirmation page was required, which is what the police would need as well.

My suggestion: Unless you read somewhere in your Embassy's visa process instructions about a Packet 3, then just move forward. Send the emails to the consulate asking for the next step, so if there is a letter you have to be given that they tell you. Again, if that letter or Packet 3 is not mentioned in your Embassy's visa instructions, then you can be pretty confident it is not required, so wait for a month, or push forward---your call.

:pop: All opinions expressed here are solely my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of VJ, their parent company or affiliates.

You should not treat any of my opinions expressed as a specific inducement to follow a particular strategy, but only as an expression of an opinion. Such opinions are based upon information considered reliable, but cannot be verified for its completeness or accuracy, and it should not be relied upon as such. :no:

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey, guys! This is the orange girl again, I've been a little absent from the thread cause last week I arrived in the USA for a last visit to my fiance as a non-married couple hahaha

We are currently making the most of this moment after almost 2 months apart (if it wasn't for the fact he's studying for the GMAT) and enjoying each other's company in the majestic city of Hartford. :dancing:

Last week we also got our NOA2 and we don't really know what to do from now. I know all you guys have been through this, but there are almost 200 pages of forum chats to go through if we want to read it all, which makes things a litte tricky. So... what do we do now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh, I'm borderline panicked now.

I just got blindsided by an unpaid one month furlough from work before I can renew my contract for the next year there. Not only is it a struggle financially, as I haven't been budgeting for a month without pay, I'm concerned about it affecting the financial information that the embassy will be asking for. If her interview ends up being in March or early April, I won't have recent pay stubs or any statement showing much of anything in my bank account.

I haven't even received my hard copy of the NOA2 which was updated on the myuscis page on January 22nd, which is also stressing me out...

:'( I don't even know

Sorry to spam.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

MEDICAL WAS DONE TODAY! Met another girl that has her interview next week Friday so we exchanged numbers hopefully I get some inside info haha. Also, in our embassy apparently they always give you 3 shots no matter what, they didn't even look at my vaccinations report ???

That is cool news. Time....at least for me seems to drag without my lady. Seems like it will be 5 months of waiting instead of 1. Almost one of those situations, "Is this real?" So you saving 3 weeks.....that is a big deal in my opinion. I see a lot of April weddings for our group. :D

Yea exactly!!! Thank you, an April wedding would be grand, hoping to move there at least by late March we will see ?

:thumbs:

Thanks!!???

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your situation! We were in almost similar situation so we almost used a co sponsor if your embassy allows it you can always ask a family member. Also you should check the embassy specific instructions mine just asks for previous year tax return and I-134 maybe it's that easy for you! (We will bring letter of employment though just in case) Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My NOA 1 date was 11/23/15 and we still haven't received out NOA2. Im trying to plan a longer trip to visit my fiancé in UK to help her prepare for her part of the process and maybe even be their for her interview. Anyone else in my boat? THIS IS SO HARD!!!!

I've tried emailing the California processing center and have had no replies. I've also called the call center, which is useless. Is there anything else I can do? I did get my NOA 1, which said it was going to CA, but how do I know it even got there? Feel like everyone with our dates already has their NOA 2, and some have interviews planned. Should I be worried??

LoveinUganda, on 03 Feb 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

I called the embassy they said I must wait for their email before doing anything. I should have asked how they even know my email address but totally blanked and now their closed......How would they know my email?

Did you fill out the Form G-1145, Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition? If so that is how they have your email address.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

kikibooboo, on 03 Feb 2016 - 5:57 PM, said:

Hey, guys! This is the orange girl again, I've been a little absent from the thread cause last week I arrived in the USA for a last visit to my fiance as a non-married couple hahaha

We are currently making the most of this moment after almost 2 months apart (if it wasn't for the fact he's studying for the GMAT) and enjoying each other's company in the majestic city of Hartford. :dancing:

Last week we also got our NOA2 and we don't really know what to do from now. I know all you guys have been through this, but there are almost 200 pages of forum chats to go through if we want to read it all, which makes things a litte tricky. So... what do we do now?

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should investigate your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil. Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through Brazil. VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Brazil and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa

from their personal experience. Link: http://brazil.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas_kvisas.html

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/index.html

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

mugen, on 03 Feb 2016 - 7:09 PM, said:

Ugh, I'm borderline panicked now.

I just got blindsided by an unpaid one month furlough from work before I can renew my contract for the next year there. Not only is it a struggle financially, as I haven't been budgeting for a month without pay, I'm concerned about it affecting the financial information that the embassy will be asking for. If her interview ends up being in March or early April, I won't have recent pay stubs or any statement showing much of anything in my bank account.

I haven't even received my hard copy of the NOA2 which was updated on the myuscis page on January 22nd, which is also stressing me out...

Sorry to spam.

First just relax as you will get through this but only with a level head.

Have you called NVC and gotten your case number? That's first.

Second, when your on the phone with NVC inquire about your NOA2. If they can't help call USCIS for the NOA2.

Next with your case number you can schedule your appt. complete the DS-160, schedule and complete the medical. Most Embassy's are not looking for the I-134 anymore. BUT, it's not official so you need to complete the paperwork. Just be honest with your documents and go to the interview. If there is a discussion just explain how it works for a contract employee. The CO will understand, they have seen this before. You will have an income it just have a 30 day pause till the new contract kicks in.

DON'T sit and wait be AGGRESSIVE. You can do this :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

mishaandjane, on 03 Feb 2016 - 7:42 PM, said:mishaandjane, on 03 Feb 2016 - 7:42 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

My NOA 1 date was 11/23/15 and we still haven't received out NOA2. Im trying to plan a longer trip to visit my fiancé in UK to help her prepare for her part of the process and maybe even be their for her interview. Anyone else in my boat? THIS IS SO HARD!!!!

I've tried emailing the California processing center and have had no replies. I've also called the call center, which is useless. Is there anything else I can do? I did get my NOA 1, which said it was going to CA, but how do I know it even got there? Feel like everyone with our dates already has their NOA 2, and some have interviews planned. Should I be worried??

Relax. Your under normal processing times. Each applicant is different, no two are the same as well as each country. You are delayed for one of those reasons. Once you reach 90 days and now reply and no luck on the phone then contact your congressional representative in Wash DC.

But don't jump of any bridges. You'll get through this. It's a game of patience. Three years ago it was taking 3-6 months to get NOA2 and now you guys are getting processed sometimes 30 days.

IandI, on 03 Feb 2016 - 7:58 PM, said:IandI, on 03 Feb 2016 - 7:58 PM, said:

Nvc fee? If yes how much?

Medical check fee? If yes how much?

Interview fee? if yes how much?

What Embassy are you processing through? What visa are you chasing?

Please change your profile so others can see what visa you are chasing and your Embassy. Simple steps to change your profile; Select your picture>Edit Your Profile located under your picture and scroll to the bottom of that page to "immigration profile" and you will see "Immigration Status". Use the drop down box to choose your visa type. Then save and that's complete. While you are there maybe there some other requests that you can fill in.

I'll help you out once you give me a little more information.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Timeline

on my timeline, k1, new dheli.

What Embassy are you processing through? What visa are you chasing?

Please change your profile so others can see what visa you are chasing and your Embassy. Simple steps to change your profile; Select your picture>Edit Your Profile located under your picture and scroll to the bottom of that page to "immigration profile" and you will see "Immigration Status". Use the drop down box to choose your visa type. Then save and that's complete. While you are there maybe there some other requests that you can fill in.

I'll help you out once you give me a little more information.

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Did you fill out the Form G-1145, Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition? If so that is how they have your email address.

Unfortunately I did not...Any other suggestion as to what I should do now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Do you have the Nov I-29F kit?

Inside the kit you will find the following items:

1) lunch size paper bag

2) case of kleenex boxes

3) case of vodka or Johnnie Walker (Black)

4) case of aspirin

Instructions on use

When you feel yourself starting to hyperventilate from stress pull out the paper bag and breath into it until of one two things happens:

1) you regain composure; or

2) you pass out -_-

Either option your hyperventilation is now under control

When you start crying grab a box of kleenex, and a bottle of either vodka or Johnnie (which ever you picked). Never mind the glass, just drink straight from the bottle. Drink until one of two things happens:

1) you regain composure; or

2) you cry more :crying:

In the event of item 2, drink more until you pass out. At which point the crying will stop.

When you wake up after the crying event, use the aspirin.

That should pretty much carry you through to Visa Approval.

PS There is nothing enjoyable about this journey, other than the wonderful people you will meet here in this thread. So just share, and vent here. We will get you through it, together :thumbs:

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.