HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi guys here's what happened today.

I went to the embassy with my parents so someone can carry my phone while im in the embassy. My appointment was at 7:30am, I got there around 6:30am and they are starting to line up. Immigrants and K-1 has their own lines so be sure to ask the guard where is that line. There will be a lot of people there so make sure you ask right way so you could get in line early.

As you enter you will be asked to take our first page of DS-160, Appointment Confirmation and your passport. Do not fold it because that will be the same paper you'll bring up to the last step. Then you'll enter the embassy premises and get lined again to get a queue number. As the lady hand you your DS-160 with number she will tell you to go to DOOR NUMBER 2, there lots of personnel that will be assisting you and tell you the next step.

It'll be the fingerprint scanning time and you'll be asked to take out the Original Birth certificate, CENOMAR, passport and the paper with your case number.

Next step would be the pre scanning... this the Filipino consul will be asking you some questions. they also attached list of docs youllneed to prepare so while waiting, just gather them so youll be ready by the time they ask for it. after the local consul would be your OATH, youll just have to answer "YES". then youre ready for the step 4, which is the interview with a US COnsul.

I heard a lot of people saying that the KOREAN look a like consul denies a lot of applicants... and yes just the moment i wan in line for my oath.. i saw she handed the blue paper which is denied. :( I was nervous when i saw it and prayed that she wont be my interviewer. But OMG it was her.. well when i faced her. she asked me to go to the next available consul. I dont know if she mistaken me as a Korean :) but im lucky to be talking to this guy.

He asked me questions like: my name, birthday, where does my fiance live, his work, if he got married, how many times, age of the children...

he joked around about the place i lived... he said he just watched the movie HENERAL LUNA. :). he told me it was a great movie. and finally...said

SO... LOOKING I AM APPROVING YOU!! :) CONGRATULATIONS. I told him before leaving that by the way i like your beard... he said thanks and he likes it too.

Lined up for the last step which is the instructions on where to input the delivery address.. then im good. :)

Phew.. i was done around 10am.

Very nice story.

May I ask what were the first questions asked by the first person?

JUST GOT OUR NOA2!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy:

Holy Nov I-29F Batman, that is great news!!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got our case number! The lady on the phone was super nice and excited to give it to me. I wanted to just hug her through the phone!

CEAC still says it's at the NVC. Probably will be going to the embassy next week :joy:

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. I would like thank everyone for supporting each one of us through this process. Just got out of the embassy. APPROVED.

Special thanks to ORACLE GREENBAUM AND TED and ofcourse the whole NOVEMBER FILERS

Very happy for you. Congratulations.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

I stopped graphing, but I'll throw up some numbers:

Nov 2: 62% approved, 9% RFE evidence returned, 25% RFE outstanding, 5% untouched

Nov 6: 60% approved, 13% RFE evidence returned, 24% RFE outstanding, 4% untouched

Nov 12: 67% approved, 9% RFE evidence returned, 24% RFE outstanding

Nov 17: 50% approved, 3% RFE evidence returned, 33% RFE outstanding, 5% untouched

Nov 25: 64% approved, 30% RFE outstanding, 5% untouched

Merci!!!!

Happy flight. No worries! I have a feeling you are way toooooo calm and cool hand luke to come back with anything but a "approval".

If you can, please keep us informed of what happens. I know I'll be wondering.... :thumbs:

Timeline

Jaime,

Same questions just address of the petitioner, name, date of birth and how did you meet.

:)

Address of petitioner. That is a new one. Thanks!!!!! :thumbs:

Got our case number! The lady on the phone was super nice and excited to give it to me. I wanted to just hug her through the phone!

CEAC still says it's at the NVC. Probably will be going to the embassy next week :joy:

I bet it is in the mail tomorrow. Shows up on DHL tracking on Saturday or Sunday. :star:

Timeline

Thanks TED.. you'll be next!!! :) Keep in touch.

You're quite welcome. Thanks for sharing your interview story.

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

JUST GOT OUR NOA2!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy:

Congratulations!! Great news :thumbs:

we've scheduled our interview for 18 Feb. I have a profound sense of gratitude for the advice and camaraderie I've found in this thread.

congratulations to all those who are moving forward!

and to those who are moving more slowly, have strength and patience! this process is moving so much faster this year than in the past. even a just a year ago noa2 would _typically_ take 4-6 months. please try to keep this on mind.

I think there is no need to slander government workers here. I certainly wouldn't want their job. unlike private sector, they must ultimately answer to congress for their decisions, even if events like San Bernardino were completely beyond their control, they are certainly under additional scrutiny now.

and, I think it's right that this is a great thread for getting thru the first stage of the immigration process. once our fiance(e)s are in country we are all on the same country "sub thread":usa.

and, I'm told threads get locked at around 300 pages because they bog down the server.

yes, I should be a professional party pooper....

good luck to everyone!

Timeline

my packet is still at NVC why why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::clock:

James Carter = NVC

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.