HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree, Lots of RFE's for what website people meet.

Conspiracy Theory:

In light of San Bernardino, CA and what happened in France, maybe USCIS is trying to see if anyone confesses to meeting on "Questionable Website?" Like lets say a couple met on:

"JihadiSingles.com - Get together and have a blast! ah ha ha ha AH HA HA HA!!!!! - Terrorist Worldwide LLC" <--- Seems totally Legit

as opposed to:

"FarmersOnly.com - City folk just don't get it - 2015 FarmersOnly Media INC" <------------- RED FLAGS LEFT AND RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Best laugh I had all week.

Timeline

Ahhh that would be amazing :))))) Im just glad Im not stuck at NOA1 anymore :))) My goal is to leave around May 8th, so I hope ill make it in time! Belgrade embassy is pretty fast, interview in little over one month after they get the case :)

Congrats. Get ready for the ride it's a fast one!

Tyler

Timeline

Are we allowed to bring a company inside the SLEC for the medical? Thanks!

Yes for sure. My gal did as she needed someone to watch my future step-son while they poked and prodded his mom. The boy had his medical as well at the same time.

I would not bring more than one extra person with you though. It's a long day and limited seating I imagine.

Tyler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Got the vaccination series 'stressor' question addressed.

The beneficiary medical exam only needs to show that the series was started, it does not have to be completed prior to the Visa.

Lucky that stressor was a short one. I had already packed up the paper-bag. <_<

Now if only lawyer cousin could get to town and pay the visa. He said he'd be able to do it tomorrow. I need to know the date so I can get my plane ticket.

Feb 23 interview date is looking more and more realistic, which means my schedule (below my signature) maybe off by 2 weeks--in our favor. God willing..... :clock:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

My fiance just got Packet 3 in his email. So much for the "1 to 2 months" they told me two days ago haha, things just got real.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

just booked my interview for March 9th in Montreal !!!!!

09-22-2013 First Met !

11-30-2013 First Date

01-05-2015 Engaged !

08-27-2015 129 F Sent to USCIS

08-30-2015 NOA 1 - CSC !!

12-28-2015 NOA 2 !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! I just found this forum today and it's already been super helpful. We received our NOA1 at the end of October and received our NOA2 on January 12! This is starting to feel real and we're very excited. But, waiting can be so stressful!

Jaime & Aisha, on 27 Jan 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

I got the mysterious Packet 3 today in the my email. I sent a email to the embassy last week asking for instructions on what to do next (actually sent 3, so maybe they are annoyed a little). Here is the cover letter. The rest of the document is the normal checklist that we already know.

What it did say is that the vaccinations are required to be completed in advance of arrival in the USA for a immigrant visa. I do not know if that complicates anything in regards to vaccinations that are provided in series.

Date: 27 Jan 2016

Dear XXXXX

This office is ready to begin your approved I-129 petition filed your behalf. Before appearing at the consular section you are required to have the appropriate documents in connection with your immigration application.

Enclosed is instruction sheet pertinent to the processing of your K1/K2 or K3/K4 immigration case and forms to be completed. Please read the enclosed information and follow the instruction very carefully. When communicating with this office either by telephone or letter, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

The total fee for a "K1/K2" or “K3/K4” visa is USD 265.00. You may pay in local currency at the current rate of exchange.

Sincerely,

All the necessary vaccinations should be included in the price for the medical exam. Be careful with "oh we don't have anymore of that, you can get in the States". If that happens, you need to stay on top of when they will get resupplied and if it is not a problem then return and get the rest and have your DS-3025 update to reflect as being complete. If not you will have to see a CS and have the DS-3025 transposed after you finish the vaccinations in the states. This is an extra hassle as well as an expense.

If you can't get her on your insurance to complete the shots then head to your county health dept. as they are much cheaper when administered by them. CS will gouge you!!!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Abisflores, on 27 Jan 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:Abisflores, on 27 Jan 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Are we allowed to bring a company inside the SLEC for the medical? Thanks!

Yes you are. But, be aware the seating is limited, it's freezing cold and it can be a LONG day. Best you go by yourself or at least one friend but not a handful of kids unless they are going through the process. Best to leave them at home.

http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!medical-exam/c1el2

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

D + S, on 27 Jan 2016 - 5:47 PM, said:

Hi! I just found this forum today and it's already been super helpful. We received our NOA1 at the end of October and received our NOA2 on January 12! This is starting to feel real and we're very excited. But, waiting can be so stressful!

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should move over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil. Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through Brazil. VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Brazil and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa

from their personal experience. Link: http://brazil.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas_kvisas.html

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/index.html

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

All the necessary vaccinations should be included in the price for the medical exam. Be careful with "oh we don't have anymore of that, you can get in the States". If that happens, you need to stay on top of when they will get resupplied and if it is not a problem then return and get the rest and have your DS-3025 update to reflect as being complete. If not you will have to see a CS and have the DS-3025 transposed after you finish the vaccinations in the states. This is an extra hassle as well as an expense.

If you can't get her on your insurance to complete the shots then head to your county health dept. as they are much cheaper when administered by them. CS will gouge you!!!

Good advise. She got her vaccine card punched in November. But didn't get the 2 dose in December--long trip. Hope they'll do it during the medical. It's all prepaid. At least it is done for the Visa.

My insurance: you know me. I've got that pre- coordinated with my company HR. They are all briefed and ready to get her signed up---as soon as we marry. The director issued the company letter stating my employment, pay, and good standing.... Helps that we play golf together from time to time

Timeline

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should move over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

Sounds like a divorce. Very depressing. Time to move on and leave your "real" friends?

Timeline

Welcome to the family. You can't just run off after you get your NOA2....

Jaime & Aisha, on 27 Jan 2016 - 5:58 PM, said:

Good advise. She got her vaccine card punched in November. But didn't get the 2 dose in December--long trip. Hope they'll do it during the medical. It's all prepaid. At least it is done for the Visa.

My insurance: you know me. I've got that pre- coordinated with my company HR. They are all briefed and ready to get her signed up---as soon as we marry. The director issued the company letter stating my employment, pay, and good standing.... Helps that we play golf together from time to time

Nice to see that you are on top of things. Don't mine my throwing things in so you can avoid the GOTCHA's

Those in the Philippines will not see the many Gotcha's they will face and that was the primary reason for my website. To avoid the Gotchas while processing in the Phils.

Jaime & Aisha, on 27 Jan 2016 - 6:02 PM, said:Jaime & Aisha, on 27 Jan 2016 - 6:02 PM, said:

Sounds like a divorce. Very depressing. Time to move on and leave your "real" friends?

Here let me cry along with you. :cry:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Keeping throwing on. I am still trying to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Possible questions, additional documents... What else? Not paper bag stress. Just no surprises.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.