HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

MsLucky, on 23 Jan 2016 - 2:35 PM, said:

Question to Greenbaum!!! (or maybe someone else knows). How do you think , will I have an administrative check after the interview(221a) under the circumstances that I had been working at the Nuclear Power Plant for 3 years(after that I had a work in a different branch - purchase, economics) . My course of study at the university was Applied Mathematics and Computer Technologies.

MsLucky. As long as you are not glowing GREEN you should be fine at your interview. :rofl: Sorry I couldn't resist not to make a joke.

Kidding aside. Your work will have no baring on whether you are approved or not. What you do is very admirable and you must be good at what you do. I think you will be fine. Just be confident and look the CO in the eye when you answer their questions. Don't add extra "talk" to your answer but keep them short and to the point. Good Luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

MsLucky. As long as you are not glowing GREEN you should be fine at your interview. :rofl: Sorry I couldn't resist not to make a joke.

Kidding aside. Your work will have no baring on whether you are approved or not. What you do is very admirable and you must be good at what you do. I think you will be fine. Just be confident and look the CO in the eye when you answer their questions. Don't add extra "talk" to your answer but keep them short and to the point. Good Luck.

Thank you !!!))) You can make jokes I am okay with that)))

And...I DO PROMISE to look into BOTH CO eyes while he/she interviewing me!!! Maybe his/her eyes are as rare as mine- green :rofl:

11.17.2015- sent petition
11.23.2015- NOA-1
12.29.2015- NOA-2

01.12.2016- NVC received

01.17.2016- NVC case #

01.21.2016- Medical Exam

02.10.2016- Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I typed, printed, copied, and assembled my response for my RFE. I have a signed statement specifying that we used Okcupid for intitial contact and transitioned to using Kik and Skype 11 days later. I included the terms of service and info about Okcupid being a free site.I took a screenshot of my profile and his and a screenshot of first conversation and last convo where we exchanged information to communicate outside the dating site. Will take it to the Post Office Monday morning. Feeling pretty good about it!

As always, thank you all for your insight and encouragement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Now I have to ask.... maybe it's cuz I'm stupid.

But don't you think that...... if these guys deal with this on a typical basis in this day and age, with all the technology at their fingertips to go ahead and do background checks and stuff, as well as send out RFE's probably on a daily basis, that this would become familiar with them?

Like for example.. I work in IT. I'm NOT an IT person, I hate computers actually, but working in helpdesk, you deal with a lot of different problems... on a routine basis. To the point that you get to memorize a lot because you do a lot... routinely. For example, if someone tells me, "my outlook is giving me issues, it won't open" 2 years ago I would have been like "......... dude you're so screwed I have no clue what to do." now it's 2nd nature to just rebuild the profile.

So... with google at their fingertips.... and doing this job day in and day out.... wouldn't they know that... most sites are not IMBRA... and if all it takes is just sending them terms and conditions of the website. Is it so hard to think they couldn't just save time and money by just going to the site themselves?

Here you go. This should help explain:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Okay it is sooooo quiet in here that you guys are going to force me to tell you a story:

True, believe it or not

Back some years ago when I was much younger I started my first position as a 'government contractor'. I was put in charge of telling the government manager when to expect to submit 2 reports to EPA/state of Texas every year. That was it. They hired me, paid me more than the state job I had which I had max'ed out in salary, just to tell them when 2 dates were coming, so they did not miss those dates.

And that was a full time job. Really. And what I did in order to streamline this tough job was to enter the dates into outlook calendar, this was the 90's and outlook was still in it's early stages but it worked just fine even on pentium machines. I entered it, and had it set up to notify me 2 weeks in advance. That was it, my job was now on automatic....

And it didn't end there, the government manager had a staff of 20 government employees that included a 'administrative assistant'.

Just so you know our tax dollars where not wasted on this contractor, I now had a lot of time on my hands. So I went around and volunteered to do work. As soon as the government people heard about this the next day I had a stack of reports about 3 feet high sitting on my desk. I asked what do with them, Nobody 'knew' where they came from. One guy said 'They found out about you'. I asked who "They" were. He just looked scary and said "They".

And I got my first lesson on how to be gainfully employed as a government contractor that kept me in a job for the next 20 years.

Timeline

Finally got the DS-160 submitted. Then entered all the info into the web site. Got the page for paying. Printed, and sent that to our in-country lawyer (cousin) to go pay next week. The system says the earliest appointment date available is 9 Feb. Which proves up one of my theories. There are not that many K-1 visas in Ethiopia. Any who, Feb 9 is way to early for us. She still needs the police record, and medical.

I've got her parents letters, that acknowledge they approve of our marriage, being translated to English--with the pictures of them holding the letter (better than a notary), with their national ID. Doing the same with some of my friends (groom's side).

Getting the additional family letters that acknowledge her birth notarized by a government official, and translated.

But as you will note in my signature page below, we are still well in my schedule for leaving for the USA with visa in hand :thumbs: I love it when a plan comes together......

Timeline

Oracle Greenbaum, we discussed earlier (seems like another lifetime now) about me being prepared for a denial. If that were to occur, I would marry on the spot. Well that will take some days to do, as we'd have to get documents etc. I am going to gamble a little. I am responsible, but with all the people who have been involved. With the knowledge/wisdom I've gotten from you and this forum I am feeling good. There is perhaps a chance for Administrative Review, or RFE in regards to Aisha's birth certificate as the staff may not be familiar with the rules -- I'll of course include a set with the documentation we take. But I still expect to win.

Play to win.

Jaime & Aisha, on 24 Jan 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:Jaime & Aisha, on 24 Jan 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

Oracle Greenbaum, we discussed earlier (seems like another lifetime now) about me being prepared for a denial. If that were to occur, I would marry on the spot. Well that will take some days to do, as we'd have to get documents etc. I am going to gamble a little. I am responsible, but with all the people who have been involved. With the knowledge/wisdom I've gotten from you and this forum I am feeling good. There is perhaps a chance for Administrative Review, or RFE in regards to Aisha's birth certificate as the staff may not be familiar with the rules -- I'll of course include a set with the documentation we take. But I still expect to win.

Play to win.

I concur. Play to win. :thumbs:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Jaime & Aisha, on 24 Jan 2016 - 9:52 PM, said:

Finally got the DS-160 submitted. Then entered all the info into the web site. Got the page for paying. Printed, and sent that to our in-country lawyer (cousin) to go pay next week. The system says the earliest appointment date available is 9 Feb. Which proves up one of my theories. There are not that many K-1 visas in Ethiopia. Any who, Feb 9 is way to early for us. She still needs the police record, and medical.

I've got her parents letters, that acknowledge they approve of our marriage, being translated to English--with the pictures of them holding the letter (better than a notary), with their national ID. Doing the same with some of my friends (groom's side).

Getting the additional family letters that acknowledge her birth notarized by a government official, and translated.

But as you will note in my signature page below, we are still well in my schedule for leaving for the USA with visa in hand :thumbs: I love it when a plan comes together......

Knowledge is powerful. Go get'em John Wayne.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Went to Embassy at 8:30 as I scheduled the interview for 9:30. But we were on Nica time, which means nothing is on time. Got past security easily and they gave us a number. They finally called our number at 2:30 ish. Went to a window w where a lady shuffled thru through all our documents.

"How and when did you meet?"

"Have you been married before"

"Where you gonna live"

Then we sat back down and waited some more. I'd say about 40 min until we went to another guy. Asked us the same questions. Didn't even ask for our additional evidence.

Took fingerprints. Told us he'll Get the visa stuff in about 6 days. Then we went to pizza hut to FINALLY eat something

We are planning on him coming feb 4 to do a civil ceremony either that day or the next.

God is good. Thank you Lord we made it. And thank you to this invaluable site

That is so amazing, the fact that they didn't even ask for additional evidence is like..wow. SOOO glad it was so fast and easy for you, congratulations agin!

Oh my goodness, you guys are definitely prepared. I am starting my DS-160 today :oops:

Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

Went to Embassy at 8:30 as I scheduled the interview for 9:30. But we were on Nica time, which means nothing is on time. Got past security easily and they gave us a number. They finally called our number at 2:30 ish. Went to a window w where a lady shuffled thru through all our documents.

"How and when did you meet?"

"Have you been married before"

"Where you gonna live"

Then we sat back down and waited some more. I'd say about 40 min until we went to another guy. Asked us the same questions. Didn't even ask for our additional evidence.

Took fingerprints. Told us he'll Get the visa stuff in about 6 days. Then we went to pizza hut to FINALLY eat something

We are planning on him coming feb 4 to do a civil ceremony either that day or the next.

God is good. Thank you Lord we made it. And thank you to this invaluable site

Wow great news, thank you for the summary. So they let you both into the interview? Did you have to register the petitioner in advance?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Wow great news, thank you for the summary. So they let you both into the interview? Did you have to register the petitioner in advance?

yes they let us both in and I stuck by his side the whole time. In fact, they didn't even check my passport to get into the embassy, which I expected them to be all official with wands and what not.

After I completed the DS-160. I proceeded to the Nica embassy website where I registered for a user-profile thing. There I paid the fee and after I paid the fee (after about 12 hours) I was able to pick the date and time for the interview. Of course, I registered with his name and info (passport #, NVC invoice #) but I put MY email so I would be able to see the notifications. He's not good at checking his email ; -)

Now I just keep checking the Nica embassy website for updates about his passport. It's still at the embassy. But seeing that we were approved Friday afternoon, I didn't expect that much would have changed. The guy told us 6 days (assuming business days) until my fiancé receives his visa packet. I've seen other Nica fiancé people get it in 3 so we'll see how long it actually takes for him to get it.

The interviewer didn't dig too deep as far as additional questions. I wonder if it helped that I was there. I like to think that because they didn't ask for clarification on anything that our case is straightforward thus not needing any dreaded "administrative processing"

We will see

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

JJGussiaas, they did ask you for all the forms like the financial forms I-134, etc?

in Guatemala I have to wait 1-2 months until we get a Packet 3 before we can do ANYTHING, so annoying.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.