HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I had letter of how we met, photos of us together, boarding passes.. Don't know why they wanted more of evidence and #### when clearly we have been together...

Luck of the draw with reviewer I think.

I did the same. In fact my meeting letter was 2 short paragraphs (1/2 page); basically "man sees girl. man talks to girl. man and girl date. man leaves girl for 2 years, with no contact. man comes back finds girl's phone number. girl comes back with man. engaged." Pretty much it, only with details of when, where, and how long.

4 pictures for each of the last 3 visits I have made this past year; with note that I would visit again during Visa process. Visa stamps, and boarding passes. Only difference I had a letter from a catholic priest attesting to counseling us 2 years ago on marriage--but I really do not think that made much of an impact (50 days to NOA2).

Since there is no 'internet' there was no chat, or emails, which I included a note about this issue. Just 6 months of phone logs showing her number, date I called, time of call, and length.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Whoooo there turbo. Got it in overdrive, redlining with the clutch engaged.

How about waiting until the package has been received by the embassy first? When it is received, next week, submit the DS-160 and roar off the starting line.

Schedule the interview out at least 3 weeks. This will give the embassy time to do 'something', and give you time to get the police/medical. You don't want to have to 'try' to reschedule your interview because the police take longer.

Medical: You just need to show the interview scheduled date. It will be the confirmation page you will get when you schedule. This is what we will use. :pop:

Let me know your interview date, maybe we can schedule ours the same time. I'm thinking 23 Feb, but maybe the week after.

I've got my foot on the accelerator too, but right now the parking brake is engaged. So it sounds like you will be faster than us. So soon you will be advising me. Please do not forget about us people behind you. :content:

:star::thumbs::thumbs::star:

okey then ill wait until it reachs here !! am also thinking at z end of February ill let u kn once I have z date !! its better if u lead z way Jaime !!! ill follow ur foot steps !!!

lol ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys!!! I had a medical exam today and I am having the interview on 10th of February!

11.17.2015- sent petition
11.23.2015- NOA-1
12.29.2015- NOA-2

01.12.2016- NVC received

01.17.2016- NVC case #

01.21.2016- Medical Exam

02.10.2016- Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received my MNL number today, so now it's time to really get things going. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and can't wait to be together again and start our new life together. Even better I have really good prospects on a better job, so I'm super excited right now. :joy:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I received my MNL number today, so now it's time to really get things going. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and can't wait to be together again and start our new life together. Even better I have really good prospects on a better job, so I'm super excited right now. :joy:

YAY that's awesome news, congrats!!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Do you guys fill out DS160 and schedule interview as soon as you find out the case number from Nvc?

You can fill out the DS160 as soon as you have the case number, but for my embassy someone told me on here that they require you to receive a Packe 3 before you can schedule anything. They don't like us working in advanced. Which stinks.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

Do you guys fill out DS160 and schedule interview as soon as you find out the case number from Nvc?

Check with this couple: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=207303

Also read the embassy information on fiancé visa process.

It looks like the K visas are processed in Nairobi "The vast majority of immigrant visas for Ugandans and those who reside in Uganda are processed by U.S. Embassy Nairobi."

http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Do what they say to do, exactly as they say.

LoveinUganda, on 20 Jan 2016 - 4:11 PM, said:

Guys who are scheduling the interview,

Is it true that your interview and medical can be in the same week?

It depends on whether they (medical) hands you your results to hand carry. If not then give it about 5 business days between medical and interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

blackconan0876, on 21 Jan 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

I am glad evryone is moving along well in the visa process.

I on the other hand got some bad news from my fiance.

We have been trying to get this Singapore police clearance and have run into a road block.

My fiancee is now 31 when she was 18 she was in singapore on a work permit for a year and some months.

Unfortunatly, the passport she had when she went to singapore was lost about 7 years ago and she received another replacement.

We ahve no eveidence to give the Singapore CIC that she was even living in Singapore 11 years ago.

We do not know what to do now. do we go thru with the interview and state she was in singapore less than six months?

Or is thereanything we can do to et some kind of evidence to give to the Singapore police force that proves she lived there in that timespan.

Im confused and need advice.

Any would help now.

THANKS

Call the Singapore Police CIC and ask them what is the procedure for what you are facing. Your not the first to make this call so rest assured I am sure they have a way of handling it.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER not tell the truth to the Embassy or Immigration. It can put you in a very bad situation that will have dire consequences that you do not want to hear.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

LoveinUganda, on 21 Jan 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

LOl Noa2 is 2 days ago.

You guys are saying wait 2 weeks? I'm confused as to why when others on here say at max 10 days

Two things. The more information you give whether in your posting, timeline or profile (left column under your picture) or all three, helps us to help you. If we have to looking for the information and it's not there then SKIP that question and therefor the return reply's you receive diminish. I for one don't go looking so for me I SKIP and I just might have your answer. Second thing is the 10 days people are quoting you is actually 10 business days, which then becomes two weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Abisflores, on 21 Jan 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

My fiancé is quiet confused on filling out the I-134, especially items number 10 and 11. Can somedy help us out please. Thank you!

What should we put in there?

#9 list all that you are processing for visa's. So if it only your fiancé then her name goes there. If you have K-2's that are also coming along then list them also.

#10 I intend to marry Mary Ann Smith (fill in your fiancé's name here) and support her and her two children; Tommy John Smith and Suzy Lynn Smith and furnish each with room and board.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

jchris85, on 21 Jan 2016 - 3:58 PM, said:

Great news. If you haven't already been over to my website I recommend it. Sorry if I am repeating myself, can't keep up with all the Philippine applicants. Link is in my signature below. Walks you through step by step on what to do for all things for the USEM interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Call the Singapore Police CIC and ask them what is the procedure for what you are facing. Your not the first to make this call so rest assured I am sure they have a way of handling it.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER not tell the truth to the Embassy or Immigration. It can put you in a very bad situation that will have dire consequences that you do not want to hear.

Question on this.

Aisha visited Djibouti for 3-4 months for a couple of years. Never lived there, just visited family. Since July 2014 she has not been back.

Previous to 2014 Djibouti and Ethiopia had a 100% visa waiver agreement. Citizens move back and forth at will without documents, or any sort of registration. Only for tourist visits though, not to live. To live requires registration. Same as with the visa wavier between US and EU. Pretty much how it used to be for US citizens going into Mexico for a week, back in the day (I'm dating myself)

She never registered, never was documented in anyway.

I've contacted the Djibouti police through friends there. And they do not issue police certs for non-residents, not even for a "fee".

I know there is a 1 year required for certs ("...has resided for at least one year"), but I am still concerned.

My question, should I be worried that the Embassy will want the record anyway?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.