HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Off topic have you seen the TV Show 90 Day Fiancee? I think most on this board have at least heard of it. Anyway there were at least 2 couples where the lady was from Brazil.

Funny you said that. My mom loves that show. About a month ago I was contacted by the show wanting me to send in a audition video. :rofl: I refused though, I don't want cameras on my fiance and I as we are trying to build our life. Seems stressful. Besides my fiance can't speak English so that wouldn't be good for TV.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Funny you said that. My mom loves that show. About a month ago I was contacted by the show wanting me to send in a audition video. :rofl: I refused though, I don't want cameras on my fiance and I as we are trying to build our life. Seems stressful. Besides my fiance can't speak English so that wouldn't be good for TV.

Did they contact you through this site?

Captain Ewok posted this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/581725-tv-casting-call-for-future-k-1-applicants/#entry7964706

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

That is hilarious! I would hate to be on TV with millions of people watching your every move...haha

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Kehinde---you see this? Time for that phone call. Don't wait on our predictions. Call today--my advice.

And remember to stand, and smile when you call. It makes the voice sound professional and warm, just something I learned about a long time ago.

I took your advice and called, the guy i spoke to seemed so nice and patient with his questions as I answered, but in the end all he said was He could not put in a service request because it is still in the normal processing time. Then I got mad and asked him about the applications being processed as they are received and explained to him that i have friends that filed weeks after me and he said some workers just process a little faster than others and he can not discuss my friends situation even if he had their receipt numbers because you must be the petitioner or applicant. Anyway at the end of our conversation he was no longer happy with me. I ll try again tomorrow, maybe I'll get a different representative. I bug them enough I think they will put in a service request for me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hahahahaha this is hilarious!!! My mom also loves that show, I like to watch shows like that when I have nothing else better to do haha

I guess it would be pretty funny to be featured on it, not gonna lie. Our lovestory is so meteoric that I guess it would be more of a Mexican soap opera hahaha. It would also be hilarious showing the video to our future children and they'd most likely be embarrassed by that. :lol:

Yea, I'm the girl in orange, my name is Maria and I'm from sunny Rio. :yes:

This wait is killing us but the forum helps us pass the time. Next week I'm flying up to Hartford to see my boo boo (I'm kiki).

Also, on Saturday I'm turning 23 (23 on the 23rd :jest: ) and hopefully by then we'll get our NOA2 or our RFE, just any answer at all haha :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hahahahaha this is hilarious!!! My mom also loves that show, I like to watch shows like that when I have nothing else better to do haha

I guess it would be pretty funny to be featured on it, not gonna lie. Our lovestory is so meteoric that I guess it would be more of a Mexican soap opera hahaha. It would also be hilarious showing the video to our future children and they'd most likely be embarrassed by that. :lol:

Yea, I'm the girl in orange, my name is Maria and I'm from sunny Rio. :yes:

This wait is killing us but the forum helps us pass the time. Next week I'm flying up to Hartford to see my boo boo (I'm kiki).

Also, on Saturday I'm turning 23 (23 on the 23rd :jest: ) and hopefully by then we'll get our NOA2 or our RFE, just any answer at all haha :dance:

Lol. I'm jealous you get to see your significant other, I haven't seen mine since July. I miss her very much. My first time out of the country was in May when I went to visit my lady in Rio. Was wonderful. That is where my heart is now. It is currently 30 degrees and i'm wishing I was there instead. I will probably eventually live there, I love warm weather. I don't know how many more years I can handle winter in the US, I am a wimp to the cold....and I live in Georgia lol. She is already worried, because she has never experienced anything under 60 degrees.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I took your advice and called, the guy i spoke to seemed so nice and patient with his questions as I answered, but in the end all he said was He could not put in a service request because it is still in the normal processing time. Then I got mad and asked him about the applications being processed as they are received and explained to him that i have friends that filed weeks after me and he said some workers just process a little faster than others and he can not discuss my friends situation even if he had their receipt numbers because you must be the petitioner or applicant. Anyway at the end of our conversation he was no longer happy with me. I ll try again tomorrow, maybe I'll get a different representative. I bug them enough I think they will put in a service request for me.

The other part of the advise on calling is that no matter how annoyed you get, keep smiling, and do not raise your voice.

Here is another point I like to use when I'm dealing with 'agencies'. Before you get into the 'why...' questions, make sure you tell them in advance you are not in anyway suggesting it has anything to do with that person. And always be in the mode of asking for help.

"Can you help me please?".

"My apology, I am not questioning you personally, it is a question about the agency". You acknowledge they are just the messenger.

And at the end---no matter how helpful or unhelpful.

Say something like this (even if you didn't get upset).

"I apologize for getting upset, it isn't you. I know you have no control, or authority. I really appreciate your patience and help." Let them respond...

Yes I talk that way, and the other person always (always) says one of two things:

1) It is okay, I understand I wish I could do more

or

2) One moment, let me see if I can find out

Even if it is 1, there is always a chance that person will talk to the reviewer later--and you want that conversation to be in your favor.

Remember: Keep smiling, keep breathing, and remain in control

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

:secret: I will add one more cavit and that is they have a call log that they enter information pertaining to your call. If the next call agent sees that she is "a wonderful person to talk to" then they just might look forward to helping you . Just my 2 cents. Or 2 centavos if your from the Philippines. -_-

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

The other part of the advise on calling is that no matter how annoyed you get, keep smiling, and do not raise your voice.

Here is another point I like to use when I'm dealing with 'agencies'. Before you get into the 'why...' questions, make sure you tell them in advance you are not in anyway suggesting it has anything to do with that person. And always be in the mode of asking for help.

"Can you help me please?".

"My apology, I am not questioning you personally, it is a question about the agency". You acknowledge they are just the messenger.

And at the end---no matter how helpful or unhelpful.

Say something like this (even if you didn't get upset).

"I apologize for getting upset, it isn't you. I know you have no control, or authority. I really appreciate your patience and help." Let them respond...

Yes I talk that way, and the other person always (always) says one of two things:

1) It is okay, I understand I wish I could do more

or

2) One moment, let me see if I can find out

Even if it is 1, there is always a chance that person will talk to the reviewer later--and you want that conversation to be in your favor.

Remember: Keep smiling, keep breathing, and remain in control

I will keep all that in mind with my next call. And I was not rude just frustrated. He even said he understands how frustrating it can be to see other friends getting approved and I'm still at level one. (He called it level one).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will keep all that in mind with my next call. And I was not rude just frustrated. He even said he understands how frustrating it can be to see other friends getting approved and I'm still at level one. (He called it level one).

I'm stuck at level 2.5 :rofl:

I was wondering if they could index a note on to our file. When I called NVC the final time, the lady asked for the information and then said she had good news for me, this time. I never spoke to her before. Believe me, I would have remembered her Bawstin (Boston) accent. So that makes sense.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Guys who are scheduling the interview,

Is it true that your interview and medical can be in the same week?

I don't know for other countries but for us the medical is 2 days before our interview. They give the result out on the same day so luck is with us we dont have travel twice in freezing cold and snow twice all the 400 miles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2016-05-11

NOA Date : 2016-05-19

Bio: 2016-06-20

Service request for EAD: 2016-07-28 ( day 76)

EAD APPROVED: 2016-08-01.

EAD recieved: 2016-08-06.

GC Approved : 2016-09-26.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.