HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Good luck my friend! I think the language barrier might be contributing to the lack of initial excitement..;)

You really have to be committed but for such a pretty woman and one who is traditional well worth the effort.. I spoke to Usha about the process and she said to me.."The best views come from the highest peaks and it takes work to get there.." :)

At least in Nepal they have mobile data that is pretty good...

Are you still thinking of moving her to the capital?

"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" update.

Last we left Ms. Aisha dealing with whatever on her side of the world, and not seeming to participate in my excitement of the visa package headed for the embassy.

Fast ward to today

Over the weekend the phones are out (again); for 3 days. I get through late yesterday. I tell her the package will arrive tomorrow (today). She is surprised and excited. Saying that is fast. And asked me when we will be complete. hmmmmm, same person as before.

I get through to her cousin, the lawyer, and update him. Ask him to review the 160 with her, and make sure it is all correct. And then have her push the submit button. He is excited, and ready to do.

Today the phones, and internet are on and off again. He says he can't get access long enough to review the file.

I am starting to understand why there are so few K-1 visas from Ethiopia. Unless you live in the capital it is near impossible to do this process; no mail, and phones/internet is a hit or miss.

Through it all, we are still on schedule----

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

OH MY, I admire you guys a lot. I don't know you guys have done it all this time with the phone lines and internet going down all the time, it must be true love! :luv:

We spent several months together, once in 2013, and again in 2014, when I lived over in that part of the world. Then of course I returned to visit in 2014, and 3 times in 2015; every 4 months. We understand each other very well--scary well. We are just about like a old married couple now, just need to sign the marriage document to formulize it.

Never did the internet thing, ever, so that isn't such a issue except now when we need to finalize the last items to schedule the interview.

Step 1: submit the DS-160.

Since the rule says she is supposed to push that button, we are at a temporary road block. No biggie, just annoying, until the internet opens up again.

Step 2: Pay the visa fee

Can only be done in Addis (capital). This part is seriously annoying. "We The People" assume every Ethiopian lives or has easy access to the capital in order to go there to pay the fee. It is the 21st century, who really goes to pay anything with 'paper dollars' anymore?

Lucky, we have cousin lawyer who happens to be headed to Addis on Sunday on other business, who will go take care of this. Man creates obstacles, and God provides opportunities.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Good luck my friend! I think the language barrier might be contributing to the lack of initial excitement.. ;)

You really have to be committed but for such a pretty woman and one who is traditional well worth the effort.. I spoke to Usha about the process and she said to me.."The best views come from the highest peaks and it takes work to get there.." :)

At least in Nepal they have mobile data that is pretty good...

Are you still thinking of moving her to the capital?

: :sleepy: not so much a language barrier. Living in today and now. Tomorrow is my strength. Today is some sort of 'fire' in the family that needs addressing, and talking about (drama).

Also, she has learned to accept that world's government processes which can make ours look streamlined and efficient. One of the culture shocks will be how fast we are as a society; everything today today, but yesterday would have been better. Heck I couldn't go back there now, I'm a Amazon 2 day prime fanatic--love the 2 hour deals.

We discussed her moving this month, but she rather go at the end of the month. Not a huge issue as I have confirmed from several sources that K-1 interview can be in her preferred language (AOS will be all English). She is prepared to speak "bi-lingual" both English and Oromo, so as to address any questions of our communication when needed. Just better to provide any long answer to a question in her language.

"The best views come from the highest peaks and it takes work to get there.." :) Perfect........Work and time.

Timeline

SO happy for you my friend! I am trying to get the case number and set the interview up on our end as my other contact for K-1 in Nepal says "It took us roughly 55 to 65 days to finally get an interview date and the interview date was about 45 days out.". Hoping to avoid that pain...;)

If you getting e notification today does that mean noa2 notifications are possible as we'll?

I didn't get one.. The paper just showed up about 6 days after the NOA2 date..

Timeline

SO happy for you my friend! I am trying to get the case number and set the interview up on our end as my other contact for K-1 in Nepal says "It took us roughly 55 to 65 days to finally get an interview date and the interview date was about 45 days out.". Hoping to avoid that pain... ;)

I didn't get one.. The paper just showed up about 6 days after the NOA2 date..

How did you have to set up interview (2 months seems long)? I'm guessing it wasn't on-line.

For Ethiopia I thought we had to wait for the Embassy to issue this mysterious "Packet 3". Reviewing information I have found this is not the case.

We can schedule as soon as the visa fee is paid (it's all about the $).

Timeline

How did you have to set up interview (2 months seems long)? I'm guessing it wasn't on-line.

For Ethiopia I thought we had to wait for the Embassy to issue this mysterious "Packet 3". Reviewing information I have found this is not the case.

We can schedule as soon as the visa fee is paid (it's all about the $).

I wish they would have the "expedited" fee and add $5,000 to get it done in 60 days total...:)

They do it online there but for whatever reason it seems to take awhile for them to get it done..

Sounds like packet 3 is the online form and the $$..;) It is always about the money isn't it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I'm kinda confused with all the info. Does the USCIS app/myUSCIS portal update when they send your packet to the NVC? As of right now, mine still just says Case Approved. I'm giving it a week until I start blowing up their phones for the case number haha.

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Timeline

I wish they would have the "expedited" fee and add $5,000 to get it done in 60 days total... :)

They do it online there but for whatever reason it seems to take awhile for them to get it done..

Sounds like packet 3 is the online form and the $$.. ;) It is always about the money isn't it?

$5000 is a deal. Could be something to bring up to congress, to help pay for Homeland Security. Voluntary 'fee'. But then it wouldn't be fair, and looked at as a luxury only the wealthy could afford.

Of course not sure how that is any different than that 'Global FasPass' they sell so you don't have to wait in line at airport security.

When you say it is done on-line "for them to get it done" does that mean someone else schedules the day for you?

Packet 3 is the checklist of documents we are supposed to bring: birth certificate, police cert, passport, photos, medical, etc. Nothing mysterious or magical about it.

Took me up to last month to really figure it out; actually a past K-1 visa (Ethiopia) applicant gave me the list of contents. And took me till this this past week to figure out we don't have to wait for it to be issued before scheduling the interview--I'm calling the consulate office tomorrow just because that was my plan, so they hear our names, and ask some questions (I am the helpless ignorant citizen).

None of this information is provided by our VJ Ethiopian Embassy info :-( We have no Oracle Greenbaum to help light the way. I've been updating the Ethiopian Embassy info as I learn new stuff--that doesn't bod well for those who follow behind us :sleepy:

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I'm kinda confused with all the info. Does the USCIS app/myUSCIS portal update when they send your packet to the NVC? As of right now, mine still just says Case Approved. I'm giving it a week until I start blowing up their phones for the case number haha.

egad, 'blowing up'.....If you hear any beating of your door (if you are lucky) it is probably Homeland. Most likely black ski mask troopers will storm in tonight.

USCIS does not issue case number. That comes from NVC. Case approved is all you get from USCIS.

Relax, and breath. Oh, and consider staying at a hotel tonight. :rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

egad, 'blowing up'.....If you hear any beating of your door (if you are lucky) it is probably Homeland. Most likely black ski mask troopers will storm in tonight.

USCIS does not issue case number. That comes from NVC. Case approved is all you get from USCIS.

Relax, and breath. Oh, and consider staying at a hotel tonight. :rolleyes:

Sorry homeland/CIA/NSA, by that I meant make your phones ring off the hook so I can get my case number :goofy:

And I know they don't issue the number itself, I just didn't know if the app updates with a "Forwarded to NVC" notification or not.

I'll continue with my original plan of starting to call on Wednesday. Thanks!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Jaime & Aisha, on 18 Jan 2016 - 5:35 PM, said:

$5000 is a deal. Could be something to bring up to congress, to help pay for Homeland Security. Voluntary 'fee'. But then it wouldn't be fair, and looked at as a luxury only the wealthy could afford.

Of course not sure how that is any different than that 'Global FasPass' they sell so you don't have to wait in line at airport security.

When you say it is done on-line "for them to get it done" does that mean someone else schedules the day for you?

Packet 3 is the checklist of documents we are supposed to bring: birth certificate, police cert, passport, photos, medical, etc. Nothing mysterious or magical about it.

Took me up to last month to really figure it out; actually a past K-1 visa (Ethiopia) applicant gave me the list of contents. And took me till this this past week to figure out we don't have to wait for it to be issued before scheduling the interview--I'm calling the consulate office tomorrow just because that was my plan, so they hear our names, and ask some questions (I am the helpless ignorant citizen).

None of this information is provided by our VJ Ethiopian Embassy info :-( We have no Oracle Greenbaum to help light the way. I've been updating the Ethiopian Embassy info as I learn new stuff--that doesn't bod well for those who follow behind us :sleepy:

Once you finish and get your approval, if you set out the steps for processing through Ethiopia, I would very much like to have it as I plan on being around to help others. That would be a nice gift to others following you if you have the time.

T,

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I think that it is at least $5,000 a trip for me so I would love to save money by paying up front for quick service.. NOt to mention how much I would save in meds and Dr. bills as I go whacko waiting for each step of this process! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.