HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Monday will be two weeks since I got NOA2; should I call NVC soon? No matter how much I read, I'm still not sure what numbers to press when I dial, what to say, or how to be sure after it's at the NVC that it got to the consulate...

First, you will need the Petitioner's full name and the Beneficiaries full name and date of birth.

Call 603-334-0700 Press 1 for English... Press 5 to get an operator. Be prepared for a wait. Tell the operator that you are requesting a case number for your K-1. They will ask for the receipt number located on the left top of your I-797 (NOA2) form. Then he/she will either tell you that they have not received your case or you will be asked for the names and date of birth. If they don't have the case, you will be told it can take 30 to 45 days for them to receive it and to wait however many days/weeks and call back. You can call back the next day or as often as you want. NVC's hours are 7am to 12 am (midnight) eastern time. Monday through Friday except Federal Holidays. Calling early or late is the best plan.

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things... At NVC, In Transit, or Ready.

Edited by Ted & Janine

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

First, you will need the Petitioner's full name and the Beneficiaries full name and date of birth.

Call 603-334-0700 Press 1 for English... Press 5 to get an operator. Be prepared for a wait. Tell the operator that you are requesting a case number for your K-1. They will ask for the receipt number located on the left top of your I-797 (NOA2) form. Then he/she will either tell you that they have not received your case or you will be asked for the names and date of birth. If they don't have the case, you will be told it can take 30 to 45 days for them to receive it and to wait however many days/weeks and call back. You can call back the next day or as often as you want. NVC's hours are 7am to 12 am (midnight) eastern time. Monday through Friday except Federal Holidays. Calling early or late is the best plan.

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things... At NVC, In Transit, or Ready.

Great info I hope to do that in a few weeks... hope so.

jennaleigh, on 17 Jan 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:jennaleigh, on 17 Jan 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Monday will be two weeks since I got NOA2; should I call NVC soon? No matter how much I read, I'm still not sure what numbers to press when I dial, what to say, or how to be sure after it's at the NVC that it got to the consulate...

It will take 7 - 10 days business for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in there system and get the case # from USEM. Call 7:00am eastern time for shorter wait times K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English and then press 5 for non-immigrant visa K-1 visa.

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

Website: www.immigrantvisas.state.govwww.immigrantvisas.state.gov

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov I highly recommend you email NVC for the case #, even if you call and get it, this will give you a correspondence from NVC with the case # for future reference. The email request for your case # is also a great way to track when your file is forwarded to your Embassy as NVC will not reply to the email until that time.

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

--- Use this site to check When your file ships from NVC to USEM: State Dept. visa tracking: https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This forum is the best. Thank you guys for all the advice...now I feel confident as to our next steps. :)

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/20/2016

Packet 4 Received: 04/20/2016

Medical: 06/09/2016

Interview: 06/29/2016 - Approved!!!

POE (Toronto): 08/03/2016

Married!!!: 08/26/2016

Timeline

Does anyone have looked again on the Philippine USEM schedule? If the February dates are shown now?

Thanks.

Yes I can confirm the February appointments are now available as we have one.

Act fast as there are not too many left.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Good luck to you both.

Tyler

LoveinUganda, on 18 Jan 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

am i correct in saying there wont be any NOA2's today?

That's a good possibility as it is a Holiday for every US Embassy and other governmental agency's here in the US.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It also helps because my fiance is here with me.. Won't be on here for a lil bit :) goodluck all

perfect timing. can take a bunch of pictures, include one with the "bird" (have parrot between you too). load it up now. that will end that question. :thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Just a trivia question I am tossing out there for you guys.

Since we can track DHL packages by reference to a country. And if I check various dates, and there are zero (0) packages, can I assume there are no visa paperwork packages being submitted during that time period?

I am wondering, because it seems that there are only two K1 visa petitions that were sent to Ethiopia last week; and nothing else.

Would this be a correct assumption?

Timeline

"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" update.

Last we left Ms. Aisha dealing with whatever on her side of the world, and not seeming to participate in my excitement of the visa package headed for the embassy.

Fast ward to today

Over the weekend the phones are out (again); for 3 days. I get through late yesterday. I tell her the package will arrive tomorrow (today). She is surprised and excited. Saying that is fast. And asked me when we will be complete. hmmmmm, same person as before.

I get through to her cousin, the lawyer, and update him. Ask him to review the 160 with her, and make sure it is all correct. And then have her push the submit button. He is excited, and ready to do.

Today the phones, and internet are on and off again. He says he can't get access long enough to review the file.

I am starting to understand why there are so few K-1 visas from Ethiopia. Unless you live in the capital it is near impossible to do this process; no mail, and phones/internet is a hit or miss.

Through it all, we are still on schedule----

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand Jaime. Our case arrived in Brazil last Monday. My lady was busy for most of the week. Then when she finally tried to schedule the interview on Friday, we ran into problems. First the site wouldn't work right, her old visa was on there and it wouldn't let her schedule with her new number. Once that was fixed and she finally got through, they spelled her name wrong. By the time that occurred, the Consulate was closed. Very frustrating. Have not heard from her today but I am hoping she can get everything taken care of. I just want to know the interview date, it is killing me waiting! BTW, this place has been really quiet the past couple days. Which I guess it is normal at our stage in the process. I have just grown accustomed to getting on this forum and reading about how everyone is doing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

"Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" update.

Last we left Ms. Aisha dealing with whatever on her side of the world, and not seeming to participate in my excitement of the visa package headed for the embassy.

Fast ward to today

Over the weekend the phones are out (again); for 3 days. I get through late yesterday. I tell her the package will arrive tomorrow (today). She is surprised and excited. Saying that is fast. And asked me when we will be complete. hmmmmm, same person as before.

I get through to her cousin, the lawyer, and update him. Ask him to review the 160 with her, and make sure it is all correct. And then have her push the submit button. He is excited, and ready to do.

Today the phones, and internet are on and off again. He says he can't get access long enough to review the file.

I am starting to understand why there are so few K-1 visas from Ethiopia. Unless you live in the capital it is near impossible to do this process; no mail, and phones/internet is a hit or miss.

Through it all, we are still on schedule----

OH MY, I admire you guys a lot. I don't know you guys have done it all this time with the phone lines and internet going down all the time, it must be true love! :luv:

I understand Jaime. Our case arrived in Brazil last Monday. My lady was busy for most of the week. Then when she finally tried to schedule the interview on Friday, we ran into problems. First the site wouldn't work right, her old visa was on there and it wouldn't let her schedule with her new number. Once that was fixed and she finally got through, they spelled her name wrong. By the time that occurred, the Consulate was closed. Very frustrating. Have not heard from her today but I am hoping she can get everything taken care of. I just want to know the interview date, it is killing me waiting! BTW, this place has been really quiet the past couple days. Which I guess it is normal at our stage in the process. I have just grown accustomed to getting on this forum and reading about how everyone is doing.

Wow I'm afraid to run into that same issue since I had applied for the tourist visa there. How was the issue fixed, she had to contact the embassy?

Let us know once you do schedule the interview how exciting :joy:

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow I'm afraid to run into that same issue since I had applied for the tourist visa there. How was the issue fixed, she had to contact the embassy?

Let us know once you do schedule the interview how exciting :joy:

Nowhere on the site would it let her schedule the interview, it only showed the last visa. After about a day, I told her to contact the embassy. Once she did they were able to fix it pretty quickly. I was not sure what the issue was, I was more focused on getting passed it :) Thank you, I am very excited. I know one of the days they do it will be February 2nd. I am hoping there are still some time slots left for her that day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

am i correct in saying there wont be any NOA2's today?

I did get my RFE e-notification today sadly but I'm glad I got something at least since they had my case on the 27th of November.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I did get my RFE e-notification today sadly but I'm glad I got something at least since they had my case on the 27th of November.

Sorry to hear! But any news is good news because that means you are one step closer :)

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.