HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would like to know about this too, any input anyone??

Yes, we gave in and emailed them, so once we hear back it will mean it is indeed on its way to embassy or in the embassy already.

Best of wishes and prayers on your job situation!!

Thanks for the wishes and prayers. I have two good job leads now :)

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Still waiting..... mabye I'll hear something late tonight? ..... or maybe next week. I called the customer service line yesterday to inquire about the birth certificate being mailed back and if there was anything going on with the petition I wasn't aware of, they had no clue they were pretty much like "no info on that.... just wait" so I thanked them and am still waiting.

Timeline

Not sure yet, the case status update just states that they mailed the RFE today. I probably will receive it Tuesday or so. I will share when I find out what it is. I had a hunch all along that we might get an RFE. I read somewhere else on the forum that if you don't state which dating website you met on and include the terms of service, they will RFE in concern that it is still an International Marriage broker. We checked no to international marriage broker on the application but in my statement I said we initially started contact on a dating website but did not specify which one.

Another thing it could be and perhaps why our NOA2 took so long: my fiance filled out his parents information on his bio incorrectly. They each do not go by their given FIRST names and he forgot to list their real given names.

Another possibility is that we sent a copy of the page of his passport that was stamped for US entry when we met but not his whole passport? I don't know, our mental list of possibilities is streaming at the moment. lol But I will go through our packet tonight to see where I might have gone wrong.

It's hard to say what the RFE is for. They might surprise you and it could be for something completely different. One site that I read said to include every page of the passport including the front and back. So that could be it. I don't think the parents names is that critical. Maybe like Jaime said, option A could be the culprit. At least you know you are getting close now.

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

We never got the email or the text after the original one for the NOA1 but I got the letter in the mailbox today saying that it has been sent to the consular office. I just requested an interview date on the advice of a fellow Nepal lover. :)

Congratulations! That is a good surprise :thumbs:

More NOA2's

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh man, I know what my RFE is. I came home and looked through my packet copy... analyzing every bit.I had spent so much time perfectly putting together the application and evidence, I forgot to put my signature on my Biographic Info form. Ugh! Everything else appears solid.

Not sure yet, the case status update just states that they mailed the RFE today. I probably will receive it Tuesday or so. I will share when I find out what it is. I had a hunch all along that we might get an RFE. I read somewhere else on the forum that if you don't state which dating website you met on and include the terms of service, they will RFE in concern that it is still an International Marriage broker. We checked no to international marriage broker on the application but in my statement I said we initially started contact on a dating website but did not specify which one.

Another thing it could be and perhaps why our NOA2 took so long: my fiance filled out his parents information on his bio incorrectly. They each do not go by their given FIRST names and he forgot to list their real given names.

Another possibility is that we sent a copy of the page of his passport that was stamped for US entry when we met but not his whole passport? I don't know, our mental list of possibilities is streaming at the moment. lol But I will go through our packet tonight to see where I might have gone wrong.

Don't worry, it's probabaly not a big deal, at least you know they're processing it.

I finally got my RFE in the mail today. It took 1 week from the electronic notification to receiving it in the mail. I was going nuts trying to figure out what it might be. Turns out that the 2nd page of my divorce decree, the one that shows the official signature of the judge, never made it in the package. I had paid an attorney to make sure it's all complete and they missed it; and so did I when I reviewed the it.

So I made a copy, sent it back, and now I wait again. Easy, quick fix and the future already looks brighter.

Good news is that I'm leaving to see my fiancee in about 2 weeks, so I'm hopeful we'll be together when we receive the approval.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Timeline

Oh man, I know what my RFE is. I came home and looked through my packet copy... analyzing every bit.I had spent so much time perfectly putting together the application and evidence, I forgot to put my signature on my Biographic Info form. Ugh! Everything else appears solid.

That pesky signature :oops:

at least you know now

Timeline

Got the RFE in the mail today, they are asking for more evidence that we have met in the past two years, tickets, passport stuff, photos etc.. I don't know why but I have sent all of this already.. Oh well.. Atleast that was easy and I know I filed it correctly.

Great to hear. Easy fix. What a relief you could still get that NOA 2 by end of this month or 1st week of February.

Tyler

Timeline

Don't worry, it's probabaly not a big deal, at least you know they're processing it.

I finally got my RFE in the mail today. It took 1 week from the electronic notification to receiving it in the mail. I was going nuts trying to figure out what it might be. Turns out that the 2nd page of my divorce decree, the one that shows the official signature of the judge, never made it in the package. I had paid an attorney to make sure it's all complete and they missed it; and so did I when I reviewed the it.

So I made a copy, sent it back, and now I wait again. Easy, quick fix and the future already looks brighter.

Good news is that I'm leaving to see my fiancee in about 2 weeks, so I'm hopeful we'll be together when we receive the approval.

That is still progress. Congrats.

Your timeline says consulate UAE but your flag is Philippines. Is your fiance(e) a dual citizen or something else?

Tyler

That is still progress. Congrats.

Your timeline says consulate UAE but your flag is Philippines. Is your fiance(e) a dual citizen or something else?

Tyler

Thanks

She is from the Philippines but she is in the UAE now. She lived and worked there for a few years and has lots of friends there. We decided to file from Abu Dhabi rather than her going back to her home town, which is somewhat remote and a long way from Manila. Internet is bad, and even Skype or Viber is a hit and miss.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Feb 29th interview in Kingston. Could have been sooner. But I am waiting on my w2 to come n she still has to get her checklist docs. Didn't want to be time pressured! But exciting!

Timeline

I need your help!

So, my fiancé (the petitioner) is in Hawaii, working. Yesterday, he accepted a job in Seattle. He'll start working there on February 8. He'll move back to Seattle on the 1st week of February.

The status of our case is "IN TRANSIT" to the Philippines.

I wanted to have my medical on the 1st week of feb, then interview on the 2nd week.

My question is, who should we call now for the change of address? Is it going to be a problem?

Thank you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well I had to step away from this thread for a while because it was making me very anxious seeing everyone move forward so fast and us not. But just an update our RFE was delivered the 15th so we will see, hopefully everything moves forward. Hoping for the best for all those still waiting for forward movement in their application!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.