HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kinda starting to worry, got my birth certificate back and still no update, apparently they mailed it back on the 5th.

Have you tried to call them? That's odd that they sent your birth certificate back.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Have you tried to call them? That's odd that they sent your birth certificate back.

I thought about it but figured maybe I'll give it another day. I'll probably call tomorrow and see what happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Thank you,

Yeah, I know it is a little early, I am hoping that it goes a little faster considering the fact that he was in the US already and has a SSN. I do not know if this makes a difference. It probably depends on the officer that has our application, who knows who it works lol. thanks!

I had also heard that theory that it goes faster if they have been to the US before. However, my fiance has traveled to the US many times, even twice in the last 6 months and we are on day 50 of waiting for NOA2. So I am starting to think it just comes down to the luck of the draw... I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kinda starting to worry, got my birth certificate back and still no update, apparently they mailed it back on the 5th.

I read somewhere that each packet is sorted by a department first to make sure docs are in the right order before it lands in the hands of an adjudicator. I think if they see original docs in that process, they copy and mail back original.

Timeline

I had also heard that theory that it goes faster if they have been to the US before. However, my fiance has traveled to the US many times, even twice in the last 6 months and we are on day 50 of waiting for NOA2. So I am starting to think it just comes down to the luck of the draw... I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the process.

I agree, we essentially have the same NOA1 date, only reason why I have the 25th on my time line is cuz that's what the hard copy states, but online it shows the 23rd of november.

Typical Government, no rhyme or reason, just luck.

Timeline

I read somewhere that each packet is sorted by a department first to make sure docs are in the right order before it lands in the hands of an adjudicator. I think if they see original docs in that process, they copy and mail back original.

I thought they did that at the lock box but good to know gives me hope.

Timeline

I thought they did that at the lock box but good to know gives me hope.

It's actually a little more complex. True, the case is assigned to one adjudicator. The adjudicator will oversee your petition from beginning to the end of the process. That person will distribute different parts of the petition to various branches of Homeland Security and the State Department. If you had an original instead of a certified copy... my guess is that you got lucky and the adjudicator returned it to you.

I don't think they pay much attention to the actual documents at the lockbox other than to make sure everything is there.

You probably have nothing to worry about. But a little peace of mind can go a long way.

Edited by Ted & Janine

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

It's actually a little more complex. True, the case is assigned to one adjudicator. The adjudicator will oversee your petition from beginning to the end of the process. That person will distribute different parts of the petition to various branches of Homeland Security and the State Department. If you had an original instead of a certified copy... my guess is that you got lucky and the adjudicator returned it to you.

I don't think they pay much attention to the actual documents at the lockbox other than to make sure everything is there.

You probably have nothing to worry about. But a little peace of mind can go a long way.

yeah when I got my birth certificate I ordered like 3 copies just to be sure, I sent one to uscis instead of a copy cuz my thinking was, I would rather spend the extra money and send certified copies than wait a few weeks in case of an RFE. So I sent certified copies of my divorce decree and birth certificate, I mean I'm glad they sent it back just cuz I know someone is looking at my petition, but now I have 2 copies of my birth certificate and my Fiance has the other.

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Sent in RFE requested informatiion yesterday,

Just got text saying they've received and will begin to work on it. Does anyone know if it usually takes long after they get the info back if it was just a general waiver request to approve us?

And Jamie thank you for the prayers they are greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Recommendation for what we did.

Aisha had photos done while I was with her. But I lost them on the trip back to the USA--bad Jaime. The studio of course used digital camera so they had the file, which was emailed to me.

You can use a Smart Phone Camera, or whatever camera you have to shoot the picture. On as near a white background as possible. If not white, then go to Pixlr Editor to color correct backgroun--see below.

I used the free version of this application:

1) https://www.epassportphoto.com/ (look on bottom of the page for the free version), or

2) you can also use the one from US State Dept http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos/digital-image-requirements.html

Send the resulting file, which will be the correct size to Wal-Mart online for printing. You can pick up in 1 hour or next day for a few dollars.

If the picture is not exactly 2x2, like Aisha's was a tad bit under the spec. You can use free Google photo app "Pixlr Editor" (same as photo shop) to add a tad more edging to make sure it is exactly 2x2 (if you don't know how to do it, ask someone who knows how to do it help you).

That's it. No stress. There are more things to be stressed over than a picture.....

Hope that helps

Thanks for this information!!!! SO Helpful!

Timeline

Just got text saying they've received and will begin to work on it. Does anyone know if it usually takes long after they get the info back if it was just a general waiver request to approve us?

Most that I have seen are 2 to 3 weeks. Every case is different though and it could be longer. Hopefully yours will be within a week.

My prayers go out to you too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs::star:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.