3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I called today and spoke to T2, he said that an officer has picked up my case on the 26Feb16 and it is in office being review, and I should hear something in the next few weeks. My Pd is 27Oct15, and got transfer on the 09Nov15.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

GUYS just got an update..... I guess writing AGAIN to my congresswoman might have triggered something...I HAVE NO IDEA what this means though hah i guess ill research right now

"

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On February 29, 2016, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

This was updated online and i have received no letter in the mail.

Congrats! You've been approved finally! Department of State is NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats! You've been approved finally! Department of State is NVC

thank you!

The weird thing is, i havent received a letter in the mail, they updated it online first. Which is the exact opposite of everyone else on this forum hahaha

I swear my case/relationship could be a movie

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Timeline

thank you!

The weird thing is, i havent received a letter in the mail, they updated it online first. Which is the exact opposite of everyone else on this forum hahaha

:) you are welcome!!!

Ah, they are weird... Eu prefiro não escrever exatamente o que penso deles hahaha... We have to deal with them and now you have just to celebrate!

My case is becoming one... Let´s see... my PD is just 10 days after yours...

Go celebrate!!!

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

thank you!

OMG! This is great news. I know how worried you were. All the best from here. Hope your green card application gets processed asap.

Timeline

Any my day just keeps getting better....mailman just stopped by and my NOA2 approval letter is here!

So i figured out what happened. I had already been approved (most likely) and just hadnt received the letter yet. I wrote to my congresswoman yesterday (email) and they must've reached out to potomac and inquired about my case, in doing so they updated the website today for me, stating that i had been approved and i just happened to receive the letter in the mail.

The letter says "notice date: February 25, 2016"

Its a beautiful day, i might go play the lottery :P

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GUYS just got an update..... I guess writing AGAIN to my congresswoman might have triggered something...I HAVE NO IDEA what this means though hah i guess ill research right now

"

On February 29, 2016, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

FINALLY!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

Timeline

Because yours is approved, I feel like mine will be here in the next two weeks.

I hope so! good luck

NVC Stage:

"

Congrats! Very happy for you

First meeting: 04/14/12

Wedding: 11/23/15

i130 petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 01/20/16

NOA1: 01/26/16 (Notice Date written on I-797c)

NOA2: ???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good newssssss.. My case just get approved...

Pd: sep 24

Trans: nov 09

Approved:TODAY

I guess I'm the first Brazilian approved by Potomac ??????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any my day just keeps getting better....mailman just stopped by and my NOA2 approval letter is here!

So i figured out what happened. I had already been approved (most likely) and just hadnt received the letter yet. I wrote to my congresswoman yesterday (email) and they must've reached out to potomac and inquired about my case, in doing so they updated the website today for me, stating that i had been approved and i just happened to receive the letter in the mail.

The letter says "notice date: February 25, 2016"

Its a beautiful day, i might go play the lottery :P

Congrats imprezaowner27! That's great to hear!

I'm wondering if contacting the congresswoman actually sped it up or it was going to happen anyway...debating contacting our local congressman...

I think Blondedoc asked about our appointment at the local office - apparently when we tried to book it, it wouldn't allow us on the online portal, so as of yet we do not have a date there. I saw your meeting raised more questions than it answered, I am sorry to hear about that! Good news will come soon!

S82015 - I have also been watching over your visa journey and I was wondering if you could provide us with an update (and perhaps update your timeline). I know that you have also surpassed the 6-month waiting point and I was wondering if you heard anything yet.

Thank everyone - be patient and news will come eventually!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.