3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you everyone :)

I am sorry for those who have not heard back, I know it's frustrating! Two days ago I was looking at all the approval dates and how random they are and wondering when it would be my turn. Just stay positive, be patient, keep busy and keep on top of you paperwork. Track it and call them if you are past your six months. Try reaching out to a senator or member of government, try filing to expedite of you have a valid reason. Try not to be too obsessed with other people's approvals. It helps to remember that approvals are on a case by case basis. It sucks, but it could be delayed bcus of geographical issues or political issues from your current region and their ties with the US. Maybe it has to do with mail being exchanged or background checks that take longer in one place than in another. I will say this, I live in Canada and Mail goes back and forth frequently here so maybe that is why I was approved a little faster than the rest. Also my husband and I have fairly traceable lives (same fixed addresses for over 20 years etc) all of these things make a difference. We don't need any documents translated there are no language barriers between the countries, and not too much of a time zone difference. Just try, I know it's hard waiting for something when you're apart from the one you love and you don't know for how long, but just try to keep an open mind. There's a million reasons why you are not approved yet, and bcus they don't update the site you don't even know what your progress really is. Two days ago my mom asked me about this and I laughed and told her it doesn't like we will be approved for at least two more months, they didn't approve some people from July yet. She smiled and prayed for me and told me to be patient. And two days later we got it. So please please please be patient and positive :) good luck and God bless you all!

Thank you everyone :)

I am sorry for those who have not heard back, I know it's frustrating! Two days ago I was looking at all the approval dates and how random they are and wondering when it would be my turn. Just stay positive, be patient, keep busy and keep on top of you paperwork. Track it and call them if you are past your six months. Try reaching out to a senator or member of government, try filing to expedite of you have a valid reason. Try not to be too obsessed with other people's approvals. It helps to remember that approvals are on a case by case basis. It sucks, but it could be delayed bcus of geographical issues or political issues from your current region and their ties with the US. Maybe it has to do with mail being exchanged or background checks that take longer in one place than in another. I will say this, I live in Canada and Mail goes back and forth frequently here so maybe that is why I was approved a little faster than the rest. Also my husband and I have fairly traceable lives (same fixed addresses for over 20 years etc) all of these things make a difference. We don't need any documents translated there are no language barriers between the countries, and not too much of a time zone difference. Just try, I know it's hard waiting for something when you're apart from the one you love and you don't know for how long, but just try to keep an open mind. There's a million reasons why you are not approved yet, and bcus they don't update the site you don't even know what your progress really is. Two days ago my mom asked me about this and I laughed and told her it doesn't like we will be approved for at least two more months, they didn't approve some people from July yet. She smiled and prayed for me and told me to be patient. And two days later we got it. So please please please be patient and positive :) good luck and God bless you all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

still waiting ....5 months and 9 days (silent screams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

PD Sept 10 2015 - Texas transfer to Potomac November 9 2015

struggling like everyone with the wait

I-130 filed Sept 9 2015

Interview Casablanca Consulate 4/17/207

...Still waiting

still waiting and waiting ...god please help I wish everyone luck and I want everyone to be with there loved ones soon :)

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Still waiting and not long before my 5 month comes ???I miss my husband and wish I was a millionaire and didn't have to work or get fired so I could visit him for months and months.

Hang in there. You two will be reunited soon. How often do you visit each other?

First meeting: 04/14/12

Wedding: 11/23/15

i130 petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 01/20/16

NOA1: 01/26/16 (Notice Date written on I-797c)

NOA2: ???

Filed: Timeline

Hang in there. You two will be reunited soon. How often do you visit each other?

Not once a year. With my job I have to save my hours every year to be able to go and I used up all my hours in September and now am saving for when he gets his interview date. I haven't had my wedding ceremony and cultural stuff so when I go back, I'll be having my wedding ceremony (religiously and civilly I am married only) but not culturally, if that makes sense. :cry:

Not once a year. With my job I have to save my hours every year to be able to go and I used up all my hours in September and now am saving for when he gets his interview date. I haven't had my wedding ceremony and cultural stuff so when I go back, I'll be having my wedding ceremony (religiously and civilly I am married only) but not culturally, if that makes sense. :cry:

Aww hang in there. Remember that it will be all worth it at the end of this journey. And you will be together forever!

First meeting: 04/14/12

Wedding: 11/23/15

i130 petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 01/20/16

NOA1: 01/26/16 (Notice Date written on I-797c)

NOA2: ???

Hi can you pls share what reason did you guys stated for you got approved for expedite? What did you do? I plan to get expedite too while in nvc stage for us to get interview date as soon as possible.

My husband has a scheduled deployment in military and will have to leave soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just got NOA2 in the mail today. Actually they sent it to our old address even though we called them to change to a new address for twice.

PD date Oct 1,2015
NOA1 received from Texas Service Center on Oct 2,2015
Transferred to Potomac on Nov 10,2015
Approved on Feb 12, 2016

Btw, my case status has not been changed so far.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think somebody have answered to this question in this forum. But I cannt find the answer now.

Did you/your spouse in US, filed teh tax as married or single?

Did you receive teh tax ID number?

Please help with your suggestions

Timeline

Hi everyone! I just got NOA2 in the mail today. Actually they sent it to our old address even though we called them to change to a new address for twice.

PD date Oct 1,2015

NOA1 received from Texas Service Center on Oct 2,2015

Transferred to Potomac on Nov 10,2015

Approved on Feb 12, 2016

Btw, my case status has not been changed so far.

Wow congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

October cases have started getting approvals ... while still August and september filers are waiting for an approval ... so guess there is no sequence in which cases are getting approved and its all done randomly ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

August filer here and nothing yet :-/. I guess we'll be scheduled for an interview! Idk but that's what I think will happen. I wish I knew what potomac is thinking and plan on doing for those of us that haven't been approved. Also, I still havent heard anything back from my senators office. Im planning on calling tomorrow and if there's news worth sharing I'll post on here. Congrats to those who got their approvals and best of luck to the rest of us!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.