3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

PD august 6. I completed my 6 months two days ago. And in 2 days I complete 3 months since I was transfered. Nothing new or updated since transfer date on November 10. Also, my senator said he sent them an email to potomac but as of today they haven't replied yet. This is so depressing!! I'm losing hope :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys I've been following this thread for a long time now trying to figure out what's going on with this potomac center....

My PD is 09/04/15

Transfer Date 11/12/15

Received at my local office 12/02/15

And that was it.... i guess I'll wait another month before calling USCIS

You might be approve any time now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My 5months will be feb 22, 2016

We almost have the same dates ... lets all hope for the approval soon... it also depends on the country your from ... people from certain countries get their approvals faster than the others

Timeline

I am wondering if the processing time have to do with the country your spouse is located.

You read my mind, that is exactly Wat I was tying

Timeline

Another thing is approvals seem to be done randomly ... like a case from October getting approved while people from August and September are still waiting ... looks like they are not even going by priority date ...

It really looks like we just cant go by our priority date .. so if we complete 5 months then we need to start calling USCIS.. I complete mine on FEB 21st so will start calling after that date

Edited by Pkr

Timeline

Hi All,

talked to tier 2 officer yesterday and here is the update - they are currently processing July 4th file today. Processing time will depend upon the center you are transfered from. Which means if u r transfered from a slow processing centre, urs will be processed late and if from a fast processing centres, then processed faster. However processing is delayed for various internal and external reasons. It will take upto 7-9 months to get NOA2.

No intension to panic anyone. My PD is sept 10 and I am reaching my 5 months periods tomorrow. I was so sure and hopeful that I will get approved within 5 months and kind of really low that its gonna take months more again. And that is the reason I am sharing this update with you all(though its negative).

Lets stay hopeful. Also be prepared for a negative case too.

Good luck everyone

Timeline

About the october case which is approved, could be possible that it was transfered from CSC(which is the fastest service centre now). But we havent heard any approvals at all from Jan 20th onwards apart from Bosnia1234's two friends.

My PD is august moré than 5 month and nothing

Did you try calling them yet. You should get a clear answer from them, i think.

Timeline

It seem they keep telling people different things so I will work with Wat they told me. They said five months and if feb22, 2016 comes and they don't mail me I will call and ask every chance I get.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I have Called USCIS on the 19th of January 2016 and changed my address. I received aletter from Potamac today explaning that the change of address has taken effect and that my addres has been updated electronically.

My PD is 10/27/15 and transferred on the 9th Nov15. And also my USCIS account was also updated.

Bosna1234, kindly tell us where did they got the great news?(Noa2) Does the online system of potomac (online case status) is still updated? I'm now confused :/

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

When was the last time new you called? You've hit your 5 months.

I have never call before and i dont see any point of calling because i know they gonna tell me to wait 6-8 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.