3,223 posts in this topic

Hey guys quick question

WHen I call I cant get a hold of anyone the last 200 times I called

can

someone tell me how do all of you get a hold of the tier 2 officer please

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They say you should only contact them if you have changed your address. Why do you need to talk to them? If they just received your paperwork they will not be able to tell you anything besides the automatic message you can already see on myuscis. They are working on your case just like they are working on mine and on everyone else's. So just be patient. Some people have been waiting for months and even years. Each case is different so just let them do their job. Anyway when you get approved its not like you can move tomorrow you still have to wait longer. I always see you posting about it taking so long, maybe you should have spoken to a lawyer before you applied or did some research. We have been told for a Canadian to be sponosred by spouse who is American Citizen it will take minimum 17 months for the whole process.

5 months for the NOA2

7 months for the NVC

5 months for interview with embassy

So like I said before to myself and to everyone....relax and be patient. Also, if you call them you are wasting time they can be working on your case. So just let them do their job

Hey guys quick question

can

They say you should only contact them if you have changed your address. Why do you need to talk to them? If they just received your paperwork they will not be able to tell you anything besides the automatic message you can already see on myuscis. They are working on your case just like they are working on mine and on everyone else's. So just be patient. Some people have been waiting for months and even years. Each case is different so just let them do their job. Anyway when you get approved its not like you can move tomorrow you still have to wait longer. I always see you posting about it taking so long, maybe you should have spoken to a lawyer before you applied or did some research. We have been told for a Canadian to be sponosred by spouse who is American Citizen it will take minimum 17 months for the whole process.

5 months for the NOA2

7 months for the NVC

So like I said before to myself and to everyone....relax and be patient. Also, if you call them you are wasting time they can be working on your case. So just let them do their job

Hey guys quick question

can

5 months for the NOA2

7 months for the NVC

5 months for the NOA2

7 months for the NVC

WRONG!! First of all those officers working on our case aren't answering our calls. That is why customer service is there to assist us with our questions, especially when they are responsible for updating and communicating about our case correctly. As in this case, like where they are by telling us that our case is in our local office when in fact local offices do not handle the form I 130 at all. The only difference between tier1 and tier 2 offices are that tier 1 read a script and only know what the website knows (again in this case since its not updated properly and the don't even know what is going on), and tier 2 are actual officers that handle calls that can pull up our specific case and see EXACTLY what is going on with out interrupting the officer handling our case. If you read my previous post you will see I called and found at everything I need to know.

You are correct about the processing times, but it is scary when your case is passed around like a ping pong ball with no exact destination. Having our loved ones away is hard enough and immigration is only as scary as you make it. Also there are different times for different service center in which Potamac has NO time frame right now posted or even known.

Oh and one more thing!

It says we can contact them if we have changed our address but that is not the only reason. You should read correctly and see that it also says if you have any specific question about your case to contact customer service!

Have a great day!

Hey guys quick question

can

When you call and speak to the first officer. Let them know your case states is in your local office but it isn't because local offices do not work on form I 130 cases and that the website is not updated correctly and you WANT to speak to a tier 2 officer for specific help. They will transfer you.

When you call make sure you press 1 for English (if that is what you speak)

Then 2 for n case number (even though you have it)

and 2 again (as if you still don't have it) its the only way to reach a live person

When the first officer answers let them know you have your receipt number but need help.

Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"Please allow 180 days before inquiring about this case"

So yes, unless you're changing your address you should just sit tight and wait patiently like the rest of us.

Yes they have a customer service line, and it's full of automatic messages with as much information as needed..as well as websites with an abundance of information. But if you have to go through an automated phone system and use different touch tone options than the ones that actually apply to your case just to get through to a real person than it obviously means they aren't trying to hear from you, because there are so many applicants it would be a little crazy to expect them to answer every call and every question. Also, hence the 180 day rule..which BTW I didn't make up so no I'm not wrong that they only want to hear from you if you are changing your address.

As for the "bouncing around like a ping pong and being in the dark" the hard copy of the transfer letter specifically says where your case is going and why (for us: TSC operating at full capacity and our case was transferred to speed up processing).

You want to abuse their customer service line and call a tier 2 officer when you're case doesn't require it, by all means go ahead. And if they tell you it was approved, then I hope that one week of not waiting for your hard copy letter of approval makes you sleep better at not. Its not like the conversation with the tier 2 officer will speed up your next step with the NVC.

I'm sorry if my response is harsh, it just seems that people complain about waiting as though the government isn't doing their job. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT HERE :) Everyone is waiting, and that waiting period is going to pass by regardless of what you do in the meantime until your loved one joins you. It sucks, and its a long process full of many waiting periods so just go easy on yourself and don't be so obsessed with checking websites or your mail etc. At least that is my approach on it. Hakkuna Mattata...and remember no news is good news, its not like you've been rejected.

Be patient, be strong, have some faith and have some hope. In life you go through the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. One love to all!

"Please allow 180 days before inquiring about this case"

So yes, unless you're changing your address you should just sit tight and wait patiently like the rest of us.

Yes they have a customer service line, and it's full of automatic messages with as much information as needed..as well as websites with an abundance of information. But if you have to go through an automated phone system and use different touch tone options than the ones that actually apply to your case just to get through to a real person than it obviously means they aren't trying to hear from you, because there are so many applicants it would be a little crazy to expect them to answer every call and every question. Also, hence the 180 day rule..which BTW I didn't make up so no I'm not wrong that they only want to hear from you if you are changing your address.

As for the "bouncing around like a ping pong and being in the dark" the hard copy of the transfer letter specifically says where your case is going and why (for us: TSC operating at full capacity and our case was transferred to speed up processing).

You want to abuse their customer service line and call a tier 2 officer when you're case doesn't require it, by all means go ahead. And if they tell you it was approved, then I hope that one week of not waiting for your hard copy letter of approval makes you sleep better at not. Its not like the conversation with the tier 2 officer will speed up your next step with the NVC.

I'm sorry if my response is harsh, it just seems that people complain about waiting as though the government isn't doing their job. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT HERE :) Everyone is waiting, and that waiting period is going to pass by regardless of what you do in the meantime until your loved one joins you. It sucks, and its a long process full of many waiting periods so just go easy on yourself and don't be so obsessed with checking websites or your mail etc. At least that is my approach on it. Hakkuna Mattata...and remember no news is good news, its not like you've been rejected.

Be patient, be strong, have some faith and have some hope. In life you go through the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. One love to all!

No one is abusing customer service its called using. That's why it's there. As citizens of the US we have that right. It just like when you purchase an item and want to track it. No need to be scared to call. You can be patient all you want. I see this is the first time you have gone through the process. Might I add Canada is much different and a lot easier than other countries dealing with the process. A lot of these applicants are well over their "180 days" so for you to quote what a standardized Noa 1 that has not been revised since 2008 by all mean's go ahead. But your wish for patience has nothing to do with the process as it is now.

I think not from this part of the group......

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

PD.. 25th sept... Transferred to Potomac 9th Nov.. still waiting and hoping to get approval soon.

My pd is in september as well and i got transferred on 9th nov but the dec 2 udpate states its in local office on the website

My pd is in september as well and i got transferred on 9th nov but the dec 2 udpate states its in local office on the website

as well as that I have a PD date of oct.3

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

lets hope we get our approvals soon

agree defiantly

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wasn't updated on about any Local office, just checked my case status and its still another office have jurisdiction .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.