3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Potomac just updated a bunch of cases! Check yours out!

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hanging in there you all... Potomac is a blessing...I just received my case number from the NVC...next up visa interview!!

Love peace and laughter???

Timeline

What priority dates are they on now

not sure but I was checking all cases around April 18-20th

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

How long after submitting a request for evidence does it normally take to get a response back

Potomac adds 21 days when your ref'd...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Potomac is not a blessing. It may be for some, but in my case 6 months just passed and I am quickly running out of patience with these lazy do-nothing/know-nothings.

I sent email inquiries, I have them call me back with the tier 2 support, I have just filed an ombudsman complaint yesterday, and am seriously considering taking them to court filing a writ of mandamus against everyone from James Comey and Loretta Lynch to Leon Rodriguez (USCIS director), and Jeh Charles Johnson (secretary of DHS).

It is unbelievable that after 6 months my case is still "pending" and they cannot give me a timeline. if the IRS was contacting me about taxes, and after 6 months I told them their letter is still pending consideration and I can't give them a timeframe when I'll be able to get to it, I'd have people with guns knocking down my door.

What other steps have you guys taken, besides Ombudsman complaints and writs of mandamus lawsuits? Any other options/avenues to go through?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

In less than 10 days Itll be ONE YEAR since I applied!!!!!!! It's insane. I'm going crazy! These people don't know what they're doing. they take forever. And like u said they stil can't give me a timeframe. I don't what to do. Everything that I've done haven't helped a bit. I don't know what they're thibking, why their keeping my file

Potomac is not a blessing. It may be for some, but in my case 6 months just passed and I am quickly running out of patience with these lazy do-nothing/know-nothings.

I sent email inquiries, I have them call me back with the tier 2 support, I have just filed an ombudsman complaint yesterday, and am seriously considering taking them to court filing a writ of mandamus against everyone from James Comey and Loretta Lynch to Leon Rodriguez (USCIS director), and Jeh Charles Johnson (secretary of DHS).

It is unbelievable that after 6 months my case is still "pending" and they cannot give me a timeline. if the IRS was contacting me about taxes, and after 6 months I told them their letter is still pending consideration and I can't give them a timeframe when I'll be able to get to it, I'd have people with guns knocking down my door.

What other steps have you guys taken, besides Ombudsman complaints and writs of mandamus lawsuits? Any other options/avenues to go through?

Filed: Other Timeline

I petition for my parents on July. Got stransferred to potomac service certer. So mean we need start waiting again from beginning? Can everyone tell me? so confused.

Thank you.

Hello there. No, you have nothing to worry about. You see USCIS had 4 processing centers. They were operating at full capacity and falling behind on certain application. So, USCIS opened up a brand new processing center known as the Potomac Service Center. Once the Potomac Service Center started operating, files from the 4 processing centers started being transferred to Potomac. The reason for this was to make sure applications are processed in a reasonable time frame. It is actually a GOOD thing that it got transferred to Potomac. Although Potomac Service Center's processing times are not available but it would be reasonable to assume it is working at least at the same time frame as the other 4.

Timeline

Have you tried a congressional inquiry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Have you tried a congressional inquiry?

If by congressional inquiry you mean writing congressmen and senators, I have filled out the release of information forms, and letters addressed to my 2 state senators and district congressman, and I will be mailing those out tonight.

I'm not holding my breath on these, but I made copies of them and will be using them as support evidence towards a writ of mandamus lawsuit if it comes down to that.

Wish there was a way to hold government employees accountable... I'm sure my application is lost in some clown's drawer for the past 6 months.

Filed: Timeline

My sisters case was approved by immigration after mine. But her case was approved before mine by the national visa center. Her hubbys interview date is August 29th and NVC keeps saying they're reviewing mine and "6" weeks haven't passed. They're waiting to review my financial affidavit and a copy of my hubbys background check that I sent to them for the heck of it even though it was not requested. So now the frustration is waiting and waiting and I am at 6 weeks if you consider my financial affidavit but now that they got a mail July 8 they're like we start the 6 week period with the newest mail received and every day it's a different answer. I spoke to Manager Sue today and she's like she'll request my file but I don't believe anything yet and am just frustrated and angry that everyday it's something new.

Filed: Timeline

So my advice for those at the NVC stage please do not be kind and or send anything to them if they do not request it. It will only prolong your case and it will not be helpful even though you are just giving them things that you think will help

Them. My patience is running out and all I do is get stressed and depressed. I am sure people at the immigration stage feel worse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.