3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sure... However you filed 2mo before I did so that may be the difference thus far....again I'm really hoping for the best because, I really miss n need my husband right now!!

I appreciate your kindness at this moment... Thank you much

I know I filed quite a bit before you, but they really still don't need the 6 months. Have faith! I did not expect out approval this fast, I was shocked when I noticed our case had already been sent off (it happened before we received the paper NOA2)!

I miss my SO as well, but we're all there soon. Being in Potomac is good. For the time being, how about you read up on the NVC process so that you already know what will happen and what you need to take care of soon? Maybe that can keep you busy for a bit. If you notice approvals very close to your date, you could start gathering the necessary documents already. We weren't fast enough, so we're still very early in the NVC stage. I wish we had dealt with the forms that need to be filled out sooner (especially Affidavit of Support / I-864 and the likes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Indeed...you said the key word..faith!!

My husband and I are already working on the next step nvc I have requested my tax transcript and will be pre filling out aos tomorrow .. Can that be done online? And will check stubs work as well?

You should be contacting your nearest US Congressman who would help you in investigating as to where your case is. Also, have you spoken to a Tier 2 officer?

It's been more than 10 months since I applied and I'm still waiting!!!! Anyone with PD from August2015?!???!

You should join this group for NVC related inquiries: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597784-nvc-filers-june-2016/page-34#entry8186928

My husband and I are already working on the next step nvc I have requested my tax transcript and will be pre filling out aos tomorrow .. Can that be done online? And will check stubs work as well?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You'll get approved soon. For some reason, the transferred cases take so much longer, but those sent directly to Potomac are usually pretty fast.

As for filling out AOS: You can fill it out online, but you have to print it and sign it yourself (that is, the petitioner has to do that). As for the check stubs, I'm afraid I don't know. We didn't send that.

It's been more than 10 months since I applied and I'm still waiting!!!! Anyone with PD from August2015?!???!

I second amren's statement: Have you contacted your US congressman? If not, do it asap!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I have contacted my state congressman office

And he emails them to potomac and they tell them pretty much the same thing everytime. That my file is undergoing background check clearance. It's been a while like this i don't know how long this background check takes. I also submitted a case inquiry early this month and they told me that I should recieve something from them in 60 days. I don't believe them because they said the same thing more than 3 months ago!

You should be contacting your nearest US Congressman who would help you in investigating as to where your case is. Also, have you spoken to a Tier 2 officer?

You should join this group for NVC related inquiries: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597784-nvc-filers-june-2016/page-34#entry8186928

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have contacted my state congressman office

And he emails them to potomac and they tell them pretty much the same thing everytime. That my file is undergoing background check clearance. It's been a while like this i don't know how long this background check takes. I also submitted a case inquiry early this month and they told me that I should recieve something from them in 60 days. I don't believe them because they said the same thing more than 3 months ago!

The same situation here PD was september 28, 2015 and stuck for security checks pending. unfortunately nothing we can do and nobody can help. just wait wait wait

from what i see on old same situations it take for them between 10 months and 1 year to be approved.

hopefully you hear something soon

I have a quick question for people who are at the NVC stage, how long it took them to assign you a case? Also when you guys filled out the application, is there a guideline available or a sample available? I want to start gathering my information before i receive the NOA2.

My PD for my husband is March 22 so I am hoping that I receive an answer sometime this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

It's terrible...this waiting game!! I hope we hear something too. Eve tho I feel like I'll hit that one year mark before I get the approval! :-(

The same situation here PD was september 28, 2015 and stuck for security checks pending. unfortunately nothing we can do and nobody can help. just wait wait wait

from what i see on old same situations it take for them between 10 months and 1 year to be approved.

hopefully you hear something soon

Edited by S82015

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The process is truly something else. My case was finally approved on June 7 and sent to the Department of State NVC on June 13. Although waiting for the approval seemed like an eternity, proving the marriage was real was easy. I hired an immigration attorney for this next process because a visa is not guaranteed. And this process is more difficult. We are praying it doesn't not take more than 3 months but who knows. September will be a year since we were married. Good luck to all and I'm glad we can support each other on here. I guess we are all learning the meaning of patience. I just visited my husband a few weeks ago because I missed him like crazy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Potomac Service Center I-130 for IR-5 parent

YSC16900012XX

01/12/2016 - Filed

04/26/2016 - YSC Mailed RFE (I sent abbreviated BCs instead of long form ones)

05/09/2016 - Recieved RFE response

06/14/2016 - Case Approved, now awaiting NOA in mail and NVC correspondence

:) Potomac Service Center isn't bad

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Potomac Service Center I-130 for IR-5 parent

YSC16900012XX

01/12/2016 - Filed

04/26/2016 - YSC Mailed RFE (I sent abbreviated BCs instead of long form ones)

05/09/2016 - Recieved RFE response

06/14/2016 - Case Approved, now awaiting NOA in mail and NVC correspondence

:) Potomac Service Center isn't bad

This give us so much hope!! Thanks a lot for sharing your journey???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No but what i´ve noticed is that either they skip numbers or they don´t follow a specific order.

i was literally checking one by one on friday and there was 1 "approved" and the next 20 or so "received" then 1 or 2 requesting for RFE, then 1 "approved" then 13 "received" and so on.......

so what number are they up to? I've been check around YSC1690038250 and have found a few approvals, although I'd take a bet they are further than that.

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.