3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I have a question for you guys hope you guys can give me some help I am at the stage of preparing my AOS and IV packets I have the Police certificate in Chinese and the interview will be taken place in China as well about the police certificate does it need to be translated in English or Chinese will be okay please help thank you for your time

ya sure... every USCIS officer is fluent in chinese!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a question for you guys hope you guys can give me some help I am at the stage of preparing my AOS and IV packets I have the Police certificate in Chinese and the interview will be taken place in China as well about the police certificate does it need to be translated in English or Chinese will be okay please help thank you for your time

Don't take the chance, i would get it translated and have both available.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Okay I will say this again. I found this very helpful. All NVC related information is posted here. it is very thorough and very helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have a question for you guys hope you guys can give me some help I am at the stage of preparing my AOS and IV packets I have the Police certificate in Chinese and the interview will be taken place in China as wellabout the police certificate does it need to be translated in English or Chinese will be okay please help thank you for your time

I recommend you get it notarized instead of just getting it translated. Just like what you do with the marriage certificate.

Today I called my senator and they recived a response about my case from potomac. They said my case is still pending background check clearance. So it's been nine months since I applied and my case is still under background check!!! Does anyone know how long this will take?! This is so frustrating!! I'm so tired of all this!! It's taking way too long!!!!!

Pd 8/6/2015

TD 11/10/2015

I don't mean to be discouraging or anything but is your name a Muslim name or sounds like one? Also are you US Citizen? Sometimes Muslims have a harder and longer time because of the name since there could be a name on the list of red flags but it doesn't necessarily mean it is the same person. Is the background check for you or for your spouse?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yes to both your queations. I don't know who the background check is for.

I don't mean to be discouraging or anything but is your name a Muslim name or sounds like one? Also are you US Citizen? Sometimes Muslims have a harder and longer time because of the name since there could be a name on the list of red flags but it doesn't necessarily mean it is the same person. Is the background check for you or for your spouse?

Edited by S82015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i have a question

i got an rfe on 4/19

i sent it in on 4/28

i still havent received any update online stating they are working on my case again

how long should i wait enough to worry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

If you send your RFE on 4/28/16 which is a thursday, it is probably delivered on the 4th or 5th.

But they usually dont update your case a week after they receive it. So if they received it on the 5th, they will probably update your case on 5/12/2016 saying that They have received your response for RFE on 5/1216.

I received my RFE on 4/18/16 and sent it back 4/19/16 and it was delivered on 4/21/16.

They updated my status saying they received my response on 4/26/16.

And my case was send to NVC on 5/09/16,

But every case is different. There is no exact answer. Im just going by from what I recently seen on other people timeline. Hope that help.

i have a question

i got an rfe on 4/19

i sent it in on 4/28

i still havent received any update online stating they are working on my case again

how long should i wait enough to worry?

Hi all,

I wanted to post an update on our case in case it might be helpful to others.

I was just checking this thread earlier today and noticed someone had a PD similar to ours (Feb 29) and had received their NOA2. I checked our online case status and behold, my case was sent to the NVC yesterday, May 11!

Suffice to say, apart from being over the moon, we are extremely surprised at how quickly this has happened (we thought it'd be 6 months or more based on responses on this forum).

I kept things pretty simple in our submission: The relevant forms (G-325a, i-130, G-1145 etc), birth certificates (including that of our daughter), a bank statement showing both of our names on our home loan, home valuation certificate, and of course our marriage certificate. We had a simple cover page listing the content. For any Aussie filers on here, we used an international bank check from ANZ for the payment.

Other relevant info: Petitioner is my wife who is USC but also Australian Citizen having lived here for past 12 years (we both live here in Australia). We've been married 8 years, not sure if that helped the submission.

I'd love to hear from anyone on their thoughts on how long I can expect to wait to hear from the NVC and how long this next stage takes..?

All the best for everyone still waiting for their NOA2's... I really hope you get some good news soon.

Yes to both your queations. I don't know who the background check is for.

What stage are you on in the process? are you in the USCIS stage (NOA1) or in NVC stage (NOA2).

Honestly, I am a Muslim and so is my spouse. My name is not that common however my spouse is common and I remember reading on US Custom and immigration site somewhere that they have a list of names with red flags on them. Now my husband is not a criminal and never stepped into US before, however because he has a common name, my guess is that they will do a thorough investigation. Plus with the recent events, people from Middle East or Pakistan and such places often have to wait long time.

If they are doing your investigation, it shouldn't be this long at all, you need to call and talk to tier 2 officer to see why and what the hold up is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I'm still at the USCIS waiting for my NOA2. My husband does have a common and we are both from the Middle East. I know that for this country's saftey they need to do these background checks, I know well that they need to do all these things, of course no one wants terrorist or criminals here, But I'm just very frusterated with the time their taking. I wish they would speed things up a bit. I'm sure that they have all the technology to do so. I just don't understand why we have to wait all these months. I've already past my 9 months. and for sure Im still getting an interview appointment after all this waiting. Thats what my senator told me that after their done with the background checks that my file will be sent to my local office:-(

What stage are you on in the process? are you in the USCIS stage (NOA1) or in NVC stage (NOA2).

Honestly, I am a Muslim and so is my spouse. My name is not that common however my spouse is common and I remember reading on US Custom and immigration site somewhere that they have a list of names with red flags on them. Now my husband is not a criminal and never stepped into US before, however because he has a common name, my guess is that they will do a thorough investigation. Plus with the recent events, people from Middle East or Pakistan and such places often have to wait long time.

If they are doing your investigation, it shouldn't be this long at all, you need to call and talk to tier 2 officer to see why and what the hold up is.

If you send your RFE on 4/28/16 which is a thursday, it is probably delivered on the 4th or 5th.

But they usually dont update your case a week after they receive it. So if they received it on the 5th, they will probably update your case on 5/12/2016 saying that They have received your response for RFE on 5/1216.

I received my RFE on 4/18/16 and sent it back 4/19/16 and it was delivered on 4/21/16.

They updated my status saying they received my response on 4/26/16.

And my case was send to NVC on 5/09/16,

But every case is different. There is no exact answer. Im just going by from what I recently seen on other people timeline. Hope that help.

this is my part of the RFE I sent it over night and they touched it on 5/3/2016 so I'm still waiting

4/16/2016 RFE ...??? Via Email and text Waiting for letter

4/22/2016 RFE letter in the mail arrived.(Marriage Certificate needed translations)

4/25/2016 RFE letter mailed to USCIS!(Overnight FEDEX)

4/26/2016 –RFE arrived at Potomac

5/3/2016 –Received a text/email about case being worked on today ***Touched***

this is my part of the RFE I sent it over night and they touched it on 5/3/2016 so I'm still waiting

4/16/2016 RFE ...??? Via Email and text Waiting for letter

4/22/2016 RFE letter in the mail arrived.(Marriage Certificate needed translations)

4/25/2016 RFE letter mailed to USCIS!(Overnight FEDEX)

4/26/2016 –RFE arrived at Potomac

5/3/2016 –Received a text/email about case being worked on today ***Touched***

wow that was fast I check uscis and nothing still has changed still praying :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Potomac service center. I petition for my Mom and Step Daughter on 2/11/16 my Step Daughter I-130 was approved on 5/11/16 haven't gotten a approval for my Mom I-130 as yet home i get one soon...

does anyone know how long does it take for them to look at the rfe after they say they have received it and are working on it thanks alot the RFE was about translations of the marriage certificate thanks alot

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Potomac service center. I petition for my Mom and Step Daughter on 2/11/16 my Step Daughter I-130 was approved on 5/11/16 haven't gotten a approval for my Mom I-130 as yet hope i get one soon...

Edited by Nunnypuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.