3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the heads up. I hope they update the App. soon to include Potomac . Like to start using it.

Not anytime soon, since the Potomac Service Center is not even on the official USCIS processing times website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do). The app gets the estimates from there.

I have a question for anyone that can help out

for the papers that we need to send like tax transcripts what are they looking for like example 3 years tax returns an d any assets that you have a title for example paid of car,etc...

can someone explain to me ,,,,,they want a total of example of like lets say $ 20,000 is that what they are looking for ? thanks

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

for the papers that we need to send like tax transcripts what are they looking for like example 3 years tax returns an d any assets that you have a title for example paid of car,etc...

can someone explain to me ,,,,,they want a total of example of like lets say $ 20,000 is that what they are looking for ? thanks

The process.. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

The poverty guidelines .. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

You will not need tax transcripts or to prove any income.. the USC is the one that needs this stuff and must have the income to sponsor you, or get someone else here in the US to help them sponsor you. Your income doesn't count for anything unless you could prove that you would be keeping that income after you come to the US. Same for assets, you can't use your assets, it has to be assets of the USC.

Sorry.. the poverty guidelines I gave you was from 2009.. here's the correct link for 2016.. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

i am the USC

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

I got your stuff thanks alot but Im not sure You understood my question.....

sending tax transcripts,paid off cars and etc,how much do they want of that.?

example $20,000 thanks

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Timeline

i am the USC

Sorry, I thought you were in Bosnia. If you are only bringing your spouse to the US and you have no dependents and no one living with you.. you will need to have enough income for two (you and your spouse) on that form I sent you... $20,025.

If you have dependents or more people living with you, it will be more and you will need to look at the chart. If you don't have enough.. you will have to make up the difference either x3 or x5 (I'm not sure) in assets. You can't use a car unless you have more than one, same you can't use your house unless you have more than one. You can use bank accounts.

Example... If you have an income of $14,025 a year.. you would need to have assets equaling $6,000 x3 ($18,000) or $6,000 x5 ($30,000) ..

You will need the past 3 years of tax transcripts.

You really should have researched and known all of this before you attempted to bring someone here.. because if you don't have the income, you are losing a lot of money in fees and it could all be for nothing, and will not be able to get those fees back if they deny you. So make sure you look at this stuff and know what you will need for sure before you pay any more fees.

I saw you say before that you've never worked, that you've been in college.. if that is the case you will need to find one or more people who can meet the requirements to be sponsors.. and they will have to have enough income to support your spouse, their spouse, any dependents or people living with them .. so it could be a lot depending on how many people are in the household.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I dont understand why we are sending the last three years taxes transcript and not the most recent one. What you made three years ago can be totally different from what you madea year a go or even what you are currently making.

And also people change job frequently. Could we submit offer Letter or most recent paysubs. I notice that it only says proof of finance.

I also remember when I was doing the N400, I did not submit them and were'nt asked for. I just follow the instruction.

I think they base it on make you currently making now not 3 years ago or 3years average. That is just my opinion.

Timeline

I dont understand why we are sending the last three years taxes transcript and not the most recent one. What you made three years ago can be totally different from what you madea year a go or even what you are currently making.

And also people change job frequently. Could we submit offer Letter or most recent paysubs. I notice that it only says proof of finance.

I also remember when I was doing the N400, I did not submit them and were'nt asked for. I just follow the instruction.

I think they base it on make you currently making now not 3 years ago or 3years average. That is just my opinion.

When they say "last 3 years" that includes the most recent year that you filed. I think they want to see that you have a history of making income.. but that is not as important as your recent income. I've read that you should get a letter from your employer stating your current income and how long you've been working for them. Pay stubs may also work, but I'm not completely sure. Yes what you make currently is the most important.

ok i see thats thanks alot

my question is that yes i was in collage and couldnt really work another thing is that my dad will sponsor and he has a private company

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Sorry, I thought you were in Bosnia. If you are only bringing your spouse to the US and you have no dependents and no one living with you.. you will need to have enough income for two (you and your spouse) on that form I sent you... $20,025.

If you have dependents or more people living with you, it will be more and you will need to look at the chart. If you don't have enough.. you will have to make up the difference either x3 or x5 (I'm not sure) in assets. You can't use a car unless you have more than one, same you can't use your house unless you have more than one. You can use bank accounts.

Example... If you have an income of $14,025 a year.. you would need to have assets equaling $6,000 x3 ($18,000) or $6,000 x5 ($30,000) ..

You will need the past 3 years of tax transcripts.

You really should have researched and known all of this before you attempted to bring someone here.. because if you don't have the income, you are losing a lot of money in fees and it could all be for nothing, and will not be able to get those fees back if they deny you. So make sure you look at this stuff and know what you will need for sure before you pay any more fees.

I saw you say before that you've never worked, that you've been in college.. if that is the case you will need to find one or more people who can meet the requirements to be sponsors.. and they will have to have enough income to support your spouse, their spouse, any dependents or people living with them .. so it could be a lot depending on how many people are in the household.

question if i have a car that is paid off and i have the title to it as well as that i have another two more cars i can use the one that is paid off

another thing when you said x3 or x5 what do you mean ??

another thing assets include what savings account bank wise

what can i ask for from the bank more of a like print out how much my dad has in the bank is that it ?? please explain

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Timeline

question if i have a car that is paid off and i have the title to it as well as that i have another two more cars i can use the one that is paid off

another thing when you said x3 or x5 what do you mean ??

another thing assets include what savings account bank wise

what can i ask for from the bank more of a like print out how much my dad has in the bank is that it ?? please explain

If your dad has a company, and has a big income, you should not have to worry about assets at all. Your father's income should be enough then, you won't need to use assets.

What I meant by x3 and x5.. if you couldn't meet the financial requirements.. you'd have to make up the difference. Like if you needed $20,000 a year but only make $13,000.. you would need another $7,000.. make sense so far? But the government requires you to have more than just that $7,000 in assets.. they want to make sure you have enough.. so they would make you have in assets $7,000 x 3 (= $21,000).

I hope that makes more sense. You could use any extra paid off cars after the first paid off one.. you would then have to have appraisals on all cars that were paid off.. but like I said.. you shouldn't need to worry about assets at all if your dad has a business and is being a sponsor.. as long as he has enough to support your spouse and everyone in his household and that he claims in his taxes.. there should be no real need to use anyone's assets.

Timeline

ok i see thats thanks alot

my question is that yes i was in collage and couldnt really work another thing is that my dad will sponsor and he has a private company

I just found something that may be a problem for your dad sponsoring.. http://www. ***removed***/affidavit-of-support/ federal-income-tax-documents.html

part of the link is being removed.. Where it says ***removed*** type in these letters... i m m i h e l p . c o m

Edited by Sunnybeach7

hey no he files his own personal tax......

another question he makes decent having his own company and also I can say

that do they only want the title of a paid off car lets say which that means that my dad has another car as well.please explain and where can I find this online about this kind of stuff and how much would you have to have in your savings account..?

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.