3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive heard from attorneys I know that calling helps because a lot of times they allow the files to sit there and do not even acknowledge them. It's better to call than not call at all and keep waiting and waiting while not being updated by them not even two every 3 months or even once a month.

ya its been working miracles for you and bosnia.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Ive heard from attorneys I know that calling helps because a lot of times they allow the files to sit there and do not even acknowledge them. It's better to call than not call at all and keep waiting and waiting while not being updated by them not even two every 3 months or even once a month.

I've called two oe three days ago and the person on the other side, tier 1, told that I should wait 4-5 days and if I dont listen anything from them I should call again to open a case injury. Today I got approved. I think it's better to call, but not so many times. Maybe once a month is enough.

Timeline

Did you get any update before they updated your case online? Im so stressed about this its affecting my every day life i forgot about both the midterms i had this week im

About to fail another one :'(

I've got a wierd update on March 13th. It said that My case was received at my local office. It was the same update as last time, on December 2nd, only the date was March 13th. After 4 days, today, I've received that email who said I've been approved.

Filed: Timeline

I've got a wierd update on March 13th. It said that My case was received at my local office. It was the same update as last time, on December 2nd, only the date was March 13th. After 4 days, today, I've received that email who said I've been approved.

OH MY GOD I GOT THE SAME EXACT UPDATE !!!!! OH MY GOD THEN MAYBEEE MY CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED TOO ITS ONLY BEEN ONE DAY PASSES MY PD I WILL WAIT 2 OR 3 MORE DAYS OMG THANKS SO MUCH MY FRIEND FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS!

Timeline

OH MY GOD I GOT THE SAME EXACT UPDATE !!!!! OH MY GOD THEN MAYBEEE MY CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED TOO ITS ONLY BEEN ONE DAY PASSES MY PD I WILL WAIT 2 OR 3 MORE DAYS OMG THANKS SO MUCH MY FRIEND FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS!

I wish you good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Think about this...Someone calls and talk to a tier 2 supervisor and says so and so has same date as me or I was in the line longer... They say I can tell because we know from Visa journey's web site, They say its not fair blah blah blah get the point? Then the supervisor checks out this web site and sees all the whinny complaining people and see the countries there from and NOA1 dates (get It ! ) This is not that far fetched in todays age. I think its good to track each other here ect and. maybe even let out a little steam but continuing to call them and over complain on here is not helping any of us and may in fact hurt us. I realize that I'm guessing on this but some of you guys here at are assuming that the people working on our paper work are screwing around all day. None of us on either side of this know why it takes longer for some and quicker for others.

Edited by Hik07

Timeline

03/09/2016: I-130 Sent
03/11/2016: USPS Delivery Confirmation
03/15/2016: NOA1 text/E-mail
03/17/2016: NOA1 I-797 by reg. mail ( PD date 03/11/2016 )

06/17/2016: NOA2 Received text and email

06/28/2016: NVC received

07/11/2016:Submit DS-261

07/12/2016: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

07/13/2016: Receive IV bill and paid IV bill

07/14/2016: Sent package IV package

07/15/2016: DS-260 released and completed

07/15/2016: Scan date

08/16/2016: Case Complete

08/18/2016: Received interview letter today interview scheduled for /09/28/2016

09/28/2016: Interviewed and approved !

10/01/2018: Filed I-751to remove conditions

10/09/2018: Received Text saying case received  ( Nebraska )

10/10/2018 Check cashed

11/19/2018: Received the 18 month extension letter in mail 

07/02/2019: Biometric Appointment.

09/09/2019: Received notice new card is being produced

09/16/2016: Received 10 year Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It has been a while since i saw anyone got the approval !!! What's going on in Potomac

u

They're busy processing non-Visa Journey members' petitions. You need to remember there are many more thousands of petitions in the pipeline than just ours.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Did you get any update before they updated your case online? Im so stressed about this its affecting my every day life i forgot about both the midterms i had this week im

About to fail another one :'(

I have been waiting pd date is 10/09 and still waiting hoping for some luck soon

Oow congrats :) i was in California as well and transferred to Potomac in November my pd is October 9th still waiting

same here transfered 11/09 and pd date is 10/09 and we were in texas and then potomac

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

ya its been working miracles for you and bosnia.....

Dude what's your problem? if we decide to call that's our problem. No one has told you to call or to listen to anyone on here. So if you don't like the information ignore it or leave the forum. It's that simple. We will handle things our way and what we think is the right thing. So yes, We've had "miracles" and you don't have to call them and make sure you don't call them however I will call when I feel the need to regardless. I've never heard from a single source that calling hurts your chances and or your case.

Edited by ZI0615

So I was approved on the 11th of march what comes next? How before I receive my nec package?

It will go to the national visa center and they'll send you the package and it'll have your "new" case number and some other things you'll sign and afterwards they'll ask for sponsorship paperwork and anything else like evidence...so your best bet for now is get your taxes for the past 3 years together and ready. You can actually even start filling it out and saving it on your pc. they have the forms on INS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.