3,223 posts in this topic

Im just waiting and its killing me already

You need to be a bit patient, my friend :clock:

how long :crying:

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Hi guys. Thank you. Hope all of you will be next! I didn't expect it to arrived this early. I thought it would be 6 to 8months. But, finally now my visa journey starts. Just wanna inform you all tell your spouse to check the mail box more often. Best of luck! Btw, until now I checked my online status and still December 2 Case was received. So don't rely on it. Better check mail everyday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

now I am starting to get worried about my status not changed to 'Received at local office' from 'Case was transfered to local office'. It is stil remaining at 'Case is transfered to another local office'

now I am starting to get worried about my status not changed to 'Received at local office' from 'Case was transfered to local office'. It is stil remaining at 'Case is transfered to another local office'

Yeah, prk is right. As long, as you have your receipt number and knowing where your papers at. You don't have to worry then :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also filed a K3 and no it is not faster, I haven't heard anything pertaining to it.

War teacher, my sister in law filed on 19/10 their k3 now they have interview in the coming two three days and my file I-130 is Still hanging there in Potomac i think K3 is more faster than I-130

If the wait is killing you esp when you haven't hit the 5 month mark, imagine those who are still waiting from July and August. Try to walk in their shoes. Even they want to be close to their loved ones as much as you and we all do.

Relax, my friend, you need to distract yourself. Make a new hobby, go out with friends/family, watch a new show, talk to your loved one and try and practice meditation- it helps a lot :luv:

You and I and we all know the entire process takes between 12-18 months. So be patient.

Im just waiting and its killing me already

how long :crying:

By getting K3, you'll have to wait longer to get a green card. On an average, 5-6 months extra. Plus if you want to work in the US, you'll have to file for EAD. Which is not widely accepted as a work authorization in big companies.

More details here: http://lawandborder.com/choosing-best-visa-strategy-fiancee-spouse-k-1-k-3-immigrant-visa/ OR http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/compare-fiance-visa-k3-visa-immigrant-visa.html

War teacher, my sister in law filed on 19/10 their k3 now they have interview in the coming two three days and my file I-130 is Still hanging there in Potomac i think K3 is more faster than I-130

Good luck with the rest of the process. Hope its quick for you so you get to be with your loved one :luv:

Hi guys. Thank you. Hope all of you will be next! I didn't expect it to arrived this early. I thought it would be 6 to 8months. But, finally now my visa journey starts. Just wanna inform you all tell your spouse to check the mail box more often. Best of luck! Btw, until now I checked my online status and still December 2 Case was received. So don't rely on it. Better check mail everyday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well if the K3 happen first we are still ok, my husband is a teacher in Jamaica so he is busy with work he ain't stressing during the work week only the weekends lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

wow thats pretty quick, about 4 months. I take it your sister in law filed for someone in pakistan aswell? I may just file K3 as well you never know it seems. Does the K3 application end up at the same service center as your i-130? if not i wonder if would think its worth doing it. K3 may take longer for green card but hey you atleast have you loved one with you :)

Edited by atif03

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

If the wait is killing you esp when you haven't hit the 5 month mark, imagine those who are still waiting from July and August. Try to walk in their shoes. Even they want to be close to their loved ones as much as you and we all do.

Relax, my friend, you need to distract yourself. Make a new hobby, go out with friends/family, watch a new show, talk to your loved one and try and practice meditation- it helps a lot :luv:

You and I and we all know the entire process takes between 12-18 months. So be patient.

Thanks for saying this. My PD is July 15 and it has been 7 months exactly today. Waiting is absolutely one of the most frustrating things about this process, but you just can't let it bring you down. Hoping the best for everyone~

2014- Nov 17 Married

2015- July 15 USCIS Priority date

2015- July 17 NOA-1 received

2015- Nov 12 Case transferred to office (from TSC to Potomac SC)

2015- Dec 02 Case received at local office

2016- Apr 06 NOA 2 received

NVC

2016- Apr 25 NVC case number assigned

2016- Apr 26 AOS & IV invoiced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for saying this. My PD is July 15 and it has been 7 months exactly today. Waiting is absolutely one of the most frustrating things about this process, but you just can't let it bring you down. Hoping the best for everyone~

Yes I filed for my husband, they told me that I should file him in my taxes plus they say it will help in the filing process to show that the relationship is real.

Hey guys so how are we filling taxes, as single or married? Can someone explain please.

Yes I filed for my husband, they told me that I should file him in my taxes plus they say it will help in the filing process to show that the relationship is real

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.