Lbazzi9897

K1 visa requirements (split thread)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I met my fiancé In person in 2009, few month after I filed K1 petition. Our case was approved 5 month after with USCIS. However, we started experiencing cultural differences and called the engagement off. He never followed up with the national visa center in his Country and I never terminated His case with USCIS because I knew it would expire anyway after 4 month. Since than we have connected again and things are great. I refiled a K1 petition however, I haven't met in person with him since 2009. I have made other commitment such as full time work and college and can't leave everything to travel overseas. Will USCIS still require we meet in person?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Ancient thread closed to further comment~

~New thread started for new posting~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've read that it must be within last 2 years or you have to provide really really strong evidence of your hardship to travel. Colleges have brakes and full time jobs can give vacation so USCIS might not find that a strong hardship. Try visit him for at least a week over winter brake or thanksgiving brake. Best of luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hardship means she is physically unable to travel anywhere to meet him and he is unable to obtain a visa to the US. Meeting can take place in any country but it must be within 2 years of filing the petition.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I met my fiancé In person in 2009, few month after I filed K1 petition. Our case was approved 5 month after with USCIS. However, we started experiencing cultural differences and called the engagement off. He never followed up with the national visa center in his Country and I never terminated His case with USCIS because I knew it would expire anyway after 4 month. Since than we have connected again and things are great. I refiled a K1 petition however, I haven't met in person with him since 2009. I have made other commitment such as full time work and college and can't leave everything to travel overseas. Will USCIS still require we meet in person?

Yes, your petition will be denied and you most likely will lose your payment.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.