tomcougar

Advance Parole

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What sort of explanation does USCIS expect from someone who is seeking an AP? My wife and I would like to visit her family (in Brazil) this November; however; there seems to be some indication that the processing center expects verification of some sort of crisis. It isn't a crisis, per se, my wife is very close to her family and they to her, they want to see each other. Denying her the ability to go see her family would pose a very difficult problem for her to deal with, so in that sense, it would be a crisis, but would that suffice for USCIS?

Timeline

I've been looking over this travel form and either I'm too dense to figure it out or it leaves much to be desired in regard to clarity.

My wife came to the U.S. on a K1 and we are now married. We are preparing to mail the AoS & EA and have questions in regard to the I-131 travel application.

1. Will she be applying for "advanced parole" which appears to be for someone abroad to gain temporary entry into the U.S. although the wording isn't consistent throughout the ten pages of bureaubabble on the form; or will she be applying for a re-entry permit?

2. Can the Application for Travel Document be filed with the Application for Employment Authorization and Adjustment of Status? I note that the I-131 specifies that a NOA on the AoS is needed.

3. Has anyone wound up in the hospital due to paper dust inhalation or insanity?

Well, #3 is obviously a joke, but all this paperwork is indeed an exercise in frustration. The I-131 and I-765 seem like nothing more than enacted bribes for expediting an intentionally slowly processed I-485 to generate revenues and cause people hire lawyers.

Oh well, answers to questions number 1 and 2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by tomcougar

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I've been looking over this travel form and either I'm too dense to figure it out or it leaves much to be desired in regard to clarity.

My wife came to the U.S. on a K1 and we are now married. We are preparing to mail the AoS & EA and have questions in regard to the I-131 travel application.

1. Will she be applying for "advanced parole" which appears to be for someone abroad to gain temporary entry into the U.S. although the wording isn't consistent throughout the ten pages of bureaubabble on the form; or will she be applying for a re-entry permit?

2. Can the Application for Travel Document be filed with the Application for Employment Authorization and Adjustment of Status? I note that the I-131 specifies that a NOA on the AoS is needed.

3. Has anyone wound up in the hospital due to paper dust inhalation or insanity?

Well, #3 is obviously a joke, but all this paperwork is indeed an exercise in frustration. The I-131 and I-765 seem like nothing more than enacted bribes for expediting an intentionally slowly processed I-485 to generate revenues and cause people hire lawyers.

Oh well, answers to questions number 1 and 2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You are not to far from the truth

You can file all three concurrently.

The ombudsman has slammed them for this. When the new fee hike goes into effect, there should be a reduction in the time for AOS as that no fees will be charged for interim benefits (EAD, AP)

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Timeline

The ombudsman has slammed them for this. When the new fee hike goes into effect, there should be a reduction in the time for AOS as that no fees will be charged for interim benefits (EAD, AP)

Cool, that means only one envelope :)

But tell me, is it a reentry permit or advanced parole that we apply for under these circumstances? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Cool, that means only one envelope :)

But tell me, is it a reentry permit or advanced parole that we apply for under these circumstances? Thanks!

AP, this would be an interim benefit. You must be paroled back into the US. Re-entry permit implies you have status.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.