kaka1

Urgent: Envelope to be used to send ROC application and Documents

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am about to send my documents to Removing Conditions on Residency and I have a doubt that I need help from you guys. It may sound silly but I wanna be sure that I have covered all the areas correctly and doing nothing wrong.

My questions:

- I have a lot of documents that I have made sure that it covers all the lists of documents mentioned in this forum. [Thank you for all the work done by each members of this site] and the photocopies of all the documents are too much to fit into simple Envelope so I want to know if there is any specific Envelope that you guys took to send all the documents to USCIS or did you guys use one of those USPS boxes to send all the documents to USCIS. e.g. : https://www.usps.com/stamp-collecting/assets/images/aO-SMALL-FRB-01-main-278x203.jpg

- Did you guys send all these documents via regular shipping or overnight shipping to avoid delays?

- Is it a good choice to opt for signature confirmation request for delivery of this documents?

- Any other tips/suggestions for mailing these documents would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You can send it with USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. There are different sizes small medium large.

Good thing about it is the fact that it's flat rate!

Pick the one suits you best. Priority mail usually delivers in two working days.

Ask for tracking number and signature confirmation, this is what I did.

Good luck

Blooms

Timeline

You can send it with USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. There are different sizes small medium large.

Good thing about it is the fact that it's flat rate!

Pick the one suits you best. Priority mail usually delivers in two working days.

Ask for tracking number and signature confirmation, this is what I did.

Good luck

Blooms

@blooms

Thank you for the confirmation. I have one more questions that I would appreciate if you/someone can help me with; I have following documents which I am planning to send to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship along with ROC application,

• Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen wife's parents, testifying that the marriage between wife and Husband [Me] was entered into in good faith, is ongoing, and was not entered into to circumvent immigration law.
• A sworn affidavit by U.S. citizen friend, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
• Photographs demonstrating consistent and continuous public affection, attendance, interaction, and identification as a married couple at family functions and in public, over the course of the marriage. [around 50 of them over past 3 years]
• Photocopies of 2012, 2013 and 2014 US tax returns showing filing status as “Married”.
• Photocopies of driver licenses of Husband's and wife's, showing a shared address over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of joint apartment lease agreements for 2013,2014 and 2015 showing a joint lease agreements and shared addresses over the course of the marriage.
• Original Letter from current property manager at my building management confirming joint lease agreements and shared addresses since September 2013 at our current apartment building.
• Photocopies of joint apartment utility bills for 2013, 2014 and 2015 showing a joint account and shared addresses over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Citi Bank statements for Husband's and wife's, showing Joint account, joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Chase Bank statements for Husband's and wife's, showing Joint account, joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of joint Costco membership credit cards and account statements for Husband's and wife's, showing a joint account usage, shared management and decision making regarding household purchases and expenses, over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Chase Bank debit cards for Husband's and wife's, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Citi Bank debit cards for Husband's and wife's, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Car Financial Services loan account statements for Husband's and wife's, showing Joint loan account and joint ownership our car.
• Photocopies of various health insurance cards showing a joint policy over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Comcast Bills addressed individually to Husband's and wife's showing shared common address.
• Photocopies of T-­Mobile bills addressed to Husband's showing joint cellphone account with wife's over the course of the marriage.
• Original Letter from my employer confirming joint insurance policies for Husband's and wife's, and the designation of beneficiary status to wife's.
• Photocopies of various GEICO automobile insurance cards showing a joint automobile insurance policy over the course of the marriage.
• Photocopies of Assurant Renters Insurance policies for 2014 and 2015 showing a joint renters insurance policy.
• Photocopy of County personal property tax-­2015 bill showing joint ownership for our car.
• Photocopies of airline reservations and hotel reservations for our honeymoon vacation that we had in April of 2013.
• Photocopies of airline reservations for international vacation that we had in November-­December of 2014.
• Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation that we had in April 2014.
• Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation that we had in August 2015.
• Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation with husband's family that we had in September 2015.
• Photocopies of US Open-­2014 reservations tickets on husband's name that we visited together along with a picture taken during the event with a friend.
My Question:
My GC is expiring 01/07/2015, so my 90 period started on 10/07/2015 and I believe I have enough documents but I want to confirm with experienced members here that do i really need IRS TAX Transcripts? I have got tax returns documents for 2013,2013,2014 that I got after e-filing with H&R Block along with W2s, so do you guys think are these TAX documents enough or do I need Tax transcripts for ROC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Kaka

We sent out packet in a USPS Priority flat rate box so we could track but did not require a signature. We clipped our papers together with a large binder clip and put them in a large yellow envelope with our info on the outside.

I can't remember exactly what we wrote on it but it definitely included Removal of Conditions and my husband's A#.

As for the tax paperwork, we sent IRS transcripts. They took a week to arrive by mail. You could always send what you have and if they ask more more, get the transcripts then. Good luck!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I did not submit tax documents from IRS. We filed thru HR Block for the transcripts and schedules.

You can if you want to include it but as long as you have the complete transcripts and schedules, I think you should be fine.

You can wait for other members to chime in to make sure.

Otherwise your package seems ok to me.

Blooms

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I used binder clips and post it file tabs to label the folder. I also labeled each page with my husbands name and A# that I printed out on small address labels. I put the completed file inside a manila envelope ( had to put two together) then mailed it to them in a flat rate box. I wrote all my husband's info on the manila envelope.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Where are your wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents? These make excellent evidence for ROC and are even more valuable to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Where are your wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents? These make excellent evidence for ROC and are even more valuable to have in "life."

I used binder clips and post it file tabs to label the folder. I also labeled each page with my husbands name and A# that I printed out on small address labels. I put the completed file inside a manila envelope ( had to put two together) then mailed it to them in a flat rate box. I wrote all my husband's info on the manila envelope.

I did not submit tax documents from IRS. We filed thru HR Block for the transcripts and schedules.

You can if you want to include it but as long as you have the complete transcripts and schedules, I think you should be fine.

You can wait for other members to chime in to make sure.

Otherwise your package seems ok to me.

Blooms

@Kaka

We sent out packet in a USPS Priority flat rate box so we could track but did not require a signature. We clipped our papers together with a large binder clip and put them in a large yellow envelope with our info on the outside.

I can't remember exactly what we wrote on it but it definitely included Removal of Conditions and my husband's A#.

As for the tax paperwork, we sent IRS transcripts. They took a week to arrive by mail. You could always send what you have and if they ask more more, get the transcripts then. Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your reply back. I really appreciate it. yesterday night I called in on IRS Transcript request line and made request for transcripts, which should arrive in 5-10 days.

Since my ROC period started on 10/07/2015, Would it be fine if i send my package by end of this month as I am planning to wait for the transcripts and send it along with all the listed documents or Since I am already in by 12 days in my ROC application deadline, If its not advisable to delay any longer, should I send it without waiting for the transcripts and send it if USCIS asks for it later??

Also regarding the wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents [what other documents], Are they really needed looking at the long list of document proof that I already have listed above? Also I am not sure how to get wills and medical powers of attorney done in Virginia and on top of that, If my existing list of documents are enough, is it really needed to delay the package sending due to wills and medical powers of attorney?

Edited by kaka1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We sent our initial six pounds of ROC paper evidence (including tax transcripts) in a size-appropriate USPS Priority Mail Box in the manner described in the VJ ROC Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

We sent our supplemental four pounds of RFE response paper evidence in the same manner as above. Included in the RFE evidence we placed our wills, DPOAs, Living Wills documents that we had recently obtained from a firm that has TV ads whose name ends in 'zoom,' there are likely several such online 'legal' firms. It only took us a couple of weeks to get our legal documents prepared.

Our ROC petition was approved a week after USCIS received our RFE response.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

@TBoneTX

In addition to all the above listed documents, I have also requested IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 on Sunday night via phone service, so do you know how long does it usually takes to get delivered via mail? Do you think, if i visit one of the IRS Offices in my city, Will i be able to get transcripts same day from there?

Also regarding the wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents; I have initiated the process to get "Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent and also "Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent from Legal Zoom [www.legalzoom.com], Which should be ready before Friday this week. "Living Will" includes the medical Power of Attorney as well.

My Questions:

1. Do you think now do I have everything for ROC to make sure that it goes without any issues?
  2. Also since my ROC period started on 10/07/2015, Would it be fine if i send my package by end of this month as I am planning to send [All the listed documents from third post] + [IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 ] + ["Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent] + ["Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent], all together to build solid application with all the documents it may need!

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Edited by kaka1

Timeline

The IRS offices should be able to produce transcripts rapidly.

Your package looks very strong.

Sending it anytime within the 90 days is fine.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the help. Finally now I have all the following documents ready and I hope that should be enough for USCIS. I really appreciate help from you guys.

Documents I am sending:

• [All the listed documents from third post]
  • [IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 ]
  • ["Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent]
  • ["Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent]

Timeline

Good. Be sure to provide an update as events progress.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Agree with T-Bone, please follow-up with a progress update.

I am glad that you were able to find legal zoom.com suitable for your purposes, that was also our personal experience. I felt that I had to be prudent and a little circumspect in my in my previous post description so as not to run afoul of any thoughts of endorsement by this site. BTW, none of my statements should not be construed as a professional endorsement of any kind, and I have not, and do not, receive any compensation, of any kind, from the aforementioned legal firm.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

@TBoneTX

In addition to all the above listed documents, I have also requested IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 on Sunday night via phone service, so do you know how long does it usually takes to get delivered via mail? Do you think, if i visit one of the IRS Offices in my city, Will i be able to get transcripts same day from there?

Also regarding the wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents; I have initiated the process to get "Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent and also "Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent from Legal Zoom [www.legalzoom.com], Which should be ready before Friday this week. "Living Will" includes the medical Power of Attorney as well.

My Questions:

• Do you think now do I have everything for ROC to make sure that it goes without any issues?
  • Also since my ROC period started on 10/07/2015, Would it be fine if i send my package by end of this month as I am planning to send [All the listed documents from third post] + [IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 ] + ["Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent] + ["Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent], all together to build solid application with all the documents it may need!

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

<p>

Thank you everyone for the help. Finally now I have all the following documents ready and I hope that should be enough for USCIS. I really appreciate help from you guys.

Documents I am sending:

• [All the listed documents from third post]
  • [IRS Tax Transcripts for 2012,2013 and 2014 ]
  • ["Power of Attorney" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent]
  • ["Living Will" for me and my wife, Listing each other as agent]

Can somebody Please explain to me "power of attorney" and "living will" ? I never heard about those documents in ROC package

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.