calengineer

My parents will immigrate via IR5 but will leave two minors behind, can they bring them somehow? Otherwise they'll be left parentless

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have both of my parents that will probably immigrate to the states later this year because I applied for them. However, they have two minors back in Mexico. If my parents leave for the US, obviously who will take care of these two minors?

The F2 preference for Mexico is around 20 years waiting time. Can something be done so my parents can bring their kids as well when they immigrate?

Please help!

My Timeline - From when I became resident to now

My Photos - As time has passed by

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

N-400: Citizenship (Applying pursuant to INA 319(b))
Service Center : Fairfax, VA
CIS Office : Fairfax, VA
Date Filed : 15-Aug-2014
Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Interview Appointment Received via E-Mail : 25-Nov-14
Interview Date, Place, and Status: 09-Dec-14 in Fairfax, VA (Accepted)
Same Day Oath Ceremony: 09-Dec-14
US Passport Received: 11-Dec-14
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I-130: IR-5 Visa (Wife Petitioned Parents)
Service Center : N/A
Consulate : Juarez, Mexico
I-130 Sent to Phoenix PO Box : 17-Feb-15
I-130 NOA1 : 24-Feb-15 (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)
I-130 NOA2 : 24-Jul-15 (Exactly 5 months or 150 days from NOA1)
NVC Received I-130 : 10-Aug-15
NVC Produced Case Number: 16-Aug-15
Received NVC Letter with Case Numbers: 24-Aug-15
Submitted DS-261 Online Forms: 25-Aug-15
Resubmitted one DS-261 as made a mistake: 25-Aug-15
Payed AOS Fees: 25-Aug-15 (USD 120.00 for both)
Sent I864: 07-Sep-15
Paid IV Fee: 29-Sep-15 (USD 325.00 for each)
Submitted DS-260: 06-Oct-15
I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry no, the minor children cannot come with your parents...which begs the question, why was this not thought of earlier?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

ditto, the only solution in this type of case that some have taken Is to petition for only one parent, then once he or she comes, they petition the spouse and minor children as derivatives

the family will be separated for a few years, but at least in the end all can come

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have both of my parents that will probably immigrate to the states later this year because I applied for them. However, they have two minors back in Mexico. If my parents leave for the US, obviously who will take care of these two minors?

They would seriously go to the US and leave their kids behind? That's appalling! :wow

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well that is the problem. They will not leave them behind of course. That is why I'm seeking for help. To try to understand what are the best options.

My Timeline - From when I became resident to now

My Photos - As time has passed by

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

N-400: Citizenship (Applying pursuant to INA 319(b))
Service Center : Fairfax, VA
CIS Office : Fairfax, VA
Date Filed : 15-Aug-2014
Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Interview Appointment Received via E-Mail : 25-Nov-14
Interview Date, Place, and Status: 09-Dec-14 in Fairfax, VA (Accepted)
Same Day Oath Ceremony: 09-Dec-14
US Passport Received: 11-Dec-14
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I-130: IR-5 Visa (Wife Petitioned Parents)
Service Center : N/A
Consulate : Juarez, Mexico
I-130 Sent to Phoenix PO Box : 17-Feb-15
I-130 NOA1 : 24-Feb-15 (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)
I-130 NOA2 : 24-Jul-15 (Exactly 5 months or 150 days from NOA1)
NVC Received I-130 : 10-Aug-15
NVC Produced Case Number: 16-Aug-15
Received NVC Letter with Case Numbers: 24-Aug-15
Submitted DS-261 Online Forms: 25-Aug-15
Resubmitted one DS-261 as made a mistake: 25-Aug-15
Payed AOS Fees: 25-Aug-15 (USD 120.00 for both)
Sent I864: 07-Sep-15
Paid IV Fee: 29-Sep-15 (USD 325.00 for each)
Submitted DS-260: 06-Oct-15
I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wait until they have left the nest and are supporting themselves?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How old are the children?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

One parent comes and the other stays behind. The parent who comes petitions the spouse and children.

Both parents come, one petitions for the children, and one or both apply for a re-entry permit so they can remain with the children while the petition is pending. This will take several months to approve and they will have to be fingerprinted in the US.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The F2 preference for Mexico is around 20 years waiting time. Can something be done so my parents can bring their kids as well when they immigrate?

Please help!

I am not understanding the question, How is it an immigration issue for who will watch your minor siblings while your parents immigrate? When immigrating a clear cut plan should have been discussed prior to you applying for your parents. Hopefully, your siblings would not be considered abandoned and removed from the home. Your parents need to remain with their children, and then immigrate at a later time.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well that is the problem. They will not leave them behind of course. That is why I'm seeking for help. To try to understand what are the best options.

When you consider your siblings as minor, you are talking about under 21-year-old and unmarried correct? If so, these minors will fall into F2A category.

345o60x.png

F2A for Mexico is around 18-24 months. What happen to my cousin's family is after getting Visa, each parent immigrates at different time. My uncle (the father) got here first to get I-551 stamp on his passport, then file I-130 the next day. After getting his green card (roughly 2 months), he came back and let the mother immigrate to get her green card. This way the minors will not be left alone. and now my cousin's family all reunited in the US after 18 month of waiting for F2A category.

Edited by tuanphan21290

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline

When you consider your siblings as minor, you are talking about under 21-year-old and unmarried correct? If so, these minors will fall into F2A category.

345o60x.png

F2A for Mexico is around 18-24 months. What happen to my cousin's family is after getting Visa, each parent immigrates at different time. My uncle (the father) got here first to get I-551 stamp on his passport, then file I-130 the next day. After getting his green card (roughly 2 months), he came back and let the mother immigrate to get her green card. This way the minors will not be left alone. and now my cousin's family all reunited in the US after 18 month of waiting for F2A category.

345o60x.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

AS soon as you parent Enter US, they can petition for them, you can file I-130 with a copy of the visa that your parent got IR-5 which contain a temporary green card. and

Lowlie please don't judge people, you really don't know the circumstances and each person has different stories, in US people left their kids and families for no reason, so probably these parent that coming to US are looking for new opportunities, so PLEASE stop being judgmental, i know someone that they left 7 years old kid to come to US, and do you want to know why they moved and left a 7 years, because the father is sick and he needs to have a surgeries and can not be done anywhere with success expect in US. it's not the parent fault that they couldn't bring thier kids, the immigration process is broken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.