Rizsa85

completing the DS-160 online application

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask for your help if there is anyone of you know about how much to pay to get this DS-160 e-application completed with the help of the INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION(IOM) to assist me in completing the visa application online. Am having a hard time doing it alone. Am in Hong Kong by the way. Or if anyone knew of any other office or organization who can help me get it done, I am a filipina so a Filipino organization would be a lot better. Thanks and I hope to hear anything from you guys who get to read this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Why would you pay anyone to help you with this? Fill out what you can, then come back to the forums and ask specific questions that you need help with. It is not that difficult, and from your posting, you seem to have an above average command of English language, which seems to be one of the biggest challenges for a foreign born applicant.

Timeline

I just wanted to make sure that everything is correct I tried doing it by my self and you're right it isn't difficult or anything, I am just not quite sure if I am doing it right and I thought people who are experienced in doing this stuff would be of help to ensure things are done right. Another thing is that I need to sign it electronically and I don't have the resource to do it. I am just using my android tablet to fill out the form, so if I go to a place get the assistance I need I might get it done in one sitting.

If you have specific areas of concern on the DS-160, just ask them here. If you can fill out the DS-160 on your tablet, then you can sign it electronically too. The only resource you need is an internet connection. When you get to the sign page, you just put in your passport number and a code to verify you are human and then click sign and submit. This is all you need to do.

You can take a look at this resource that helped us, this is a sample DS-160 application that goes through all the steps. Maybe this will help you too. http://www.k1-visa.net/Home/After-Filing-the-K1/INTERVIEW/Sample-DS-160

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

You should be able to sign it from your tablet. My fiancé signed from her phone- it is just a matter of pushing the button and entering a code- not actually simulating a signature with a stylus or anything. They do look at your IP address, so the the applicant has to be the person who does push that "e-sign" button.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are specific step by step guides available on-line to help you fill -up the DS 160. Be mindful that there is a question that will ask if anyone help you to fill out the form. Some people during my B1/B2 visa interview were grilled on this since they were adults and got helped filing up the form. One guys was denied since at first he answered yes, then changed it to no. what????? YES that can happen.

The form is very easy. There is also a sample here in VJ under forms.

Make sure to save the form and take note of your reference number. You can always go back to continue to fill it up. Signing is just clicking dear. So many people here that can help you. Relax, don't worry that should be easy.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

There are specific step by step guides available on-line to help you fill -up the DS 160. Be mindful that there is a question that will ask if anyone help you to fill out the form. Some people during my B1/B2 visa interview were grilled on this since they were adults and got helped filing up the form. One guys was denied since at first he answered yes, then changed it to no. what????? YES that can happen.

The form is very easy. There is also a sample here in VJ under forms.

Make sure to save the form and take note of your reference number. You can always go back to continue to fill it up. Signing is just clicking dear. So many people here that can help you. Relax, don't worry that should be easy.

Thanks you! Well I am a lil confused with regards to that "Application receipt/petition number" in the DS-160 form is it the receipt no. From the petition my fiancée filed in the u.s or is it the case no. I got in the packet I received from the consulate?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks you! Well I am a lil confused with regards to that "Application receipt/petition number" in the DS-160 form is it the receipt no. From the petition my fiancée filed in the u.s or is it the case no. I got in the packet I received from the consulate?

number that starts with WAC. That can be found in your NOA 1

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

How about the picture that needs to be uploaded in the form I can't seemed to get it right. It just won't pass the requirements they needed. Do I realy need to upload the picture before I can submit the application form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

login from computer and retrieve your account using your ID, u cant download your picture from your tablet, try to save the picture in CD and it would be easier to download it, yea you should print it with the picture print two copies one for u and one for HNK2001 that u need to send back at USEM Hongkong

Btw Im from Hongkong too

Timeline

@Maeandcraig

I already figure how to put the picture in my application. The problem I have now is that since I don't have access to a printer that time when u submitted my ds160 I chose the option to send it to my email, only to find out that nothing was sent to my email. I only got a screen shot of the confirmation page. Does anyone know how can I retrieve the confirmation page so I can print it? Please help. Badly need to get it printed so I can send it with the checklist back to the consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.