cutegirl

Visit Visa for Mother from Pakistan- Pregnant daughter

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Group Members

Plz could u kindly help me in my queries for my following scenario:

I am a Green card(conditional) holder in New York and want to invite my mom(living with my retired dad and student siblings) from Pakistan to stay with me during and after my pregnancy, and also to visit US. I need moral support, and want to share my first baby's joy with her, as Im v close to her. I dont need her to baby-sit or do house chores. I have maid coming for it already, and can arrange her to help me in baby-sitting as well. Also, I just started working v recently(professional job), and my husband works full time too. Following are my queries and concerns plz, if anyone can kindly advise me:

1- What should be the reason to apply for Visitor Visa? (Mom applying first time for US, has visited Europe in past 5 years, no one else in family visited US before other than me). Should the reason on form DS-160 be: "Tourism AND meeting Family"?

My concern: During Visa interview, if officer specifically asks: "Is your daughter pregnant?", and my mother saying yes; wouldn't this contradict the above purpose in DS-160 of Tourism and Family meet-up?

May be my mom can add herself that she is going to meet family n welcome baby plus tourism before and after delivery. She may say explicitly that the officer should not take her purpose as baby-sitting, as her daughter(me) already has maid's arrangement for it. Will such self-explanation be a good approach?

My sole concern is: If she writes Tourism and family meet-up as purpose, and then also tells upon officer's inquiry that I'm pregnant, will this not be considered hiding a fact?or incomplete information/ contradiction to purpose written on DS-160? (We dont want to write purpose as Pregnancy as this would suggest baby-sitting work, which is not the case).

2- My mom is a house-wife, never worked, has no bank account, plus my father's earnings are also not consistent sufficient for proving funds. Hence, shall my husband sponsor her or I should sponsor myself?(I just started working 1 month ago, so I never filed tax returns in US yet, neither have past months bank statements; but my husband has solid financial background).

3- Although mom cannot sponsor herself, still should she take along with herself house documents which my father owns? Utility Bills? (to show economic ties to home country?)

4- For social ties, what can she take along as proof? Family tree certificate from NADRA, siblings university enrollment letter, father's passport, siblings id's, family photographs. Are these enough to prove social/family ties?

Still my main concern remains as the purpose of her trip to US, in case of officer asking pregnancy question explicitly.

Kindly advise and help. Thanks!

Sponsor isn't necessary, just the ability to financially support her trip herself. Social ties and any bills in her name are good to have.

But I mentioned above that she cannot finance herself. So she needs a sponsor. So Shall I be a better sponsor(just started job, and have no bank balance yet), or my husband(who has solid financial standing? Plus no bills on her name, but on my father's name. shes a house wife

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

But I mentioned above that she cannot finance herself. So she needs a sponsor. So Shall I be a better sponsor(just started job, and have no bank balance yet), or my husband(who has solid financial standing? Plus no bills on her name, but on my father's name. shes a house wife

She can only bring what she has. Any support from you would be deemed reason for her not to return. I don't see a huge chance in success but she can always try

Filed: Timeline

1. The reason is whatever the reason is - sounds like it is to visit family. No need to mention anything about any pregnancy, unless specifically asked.

2. There is no such thing as a sponsor for a tourist visa. It also has nothing to do with you, so none of your documents will help. She, herself, needs to prove that she will return to her home country after visiting.

3. She can take documents that show her ties, but most likely they will not be looked at, but no harm in bringing them.

4. As above, feel free to bring as much as you want but don't expect it to be looked at.

With no job and no name on any bills etc it looks like the main tie would be the family she is leaving behind.

I don't think she has the best chance but only way to know is to apply.

Let us know the result.

1. The reason is whatever the reason is - sounds like it is to visit family. No need to mention anything about any pregnancy, unless specifically asked.

2. There is no such thing as a sponsor for a tourist visa. It also has nothing to do with you, so none of your documents will help. She, herself, needs to prove that she will return to her home country after visiting.

3. She can take documents that show her ties, but most likely they will not be looked at, but no harm in bringing them.

4. As above, feel free to bring as much as you want but don't expect it to be looked at.

With no job and no name on any bills etc it looks like the main tie would be the family she is leaving behind.

I don't think she has the best chance but only way to know is to apply.

Let us know the result.

I get ur point, thx. But its a house wife here! How can a house wife in Pakistan have names on bills when shes not earning? Its a cultural thing in Pakistan. Majority women are housewives and are dependent on their husbands. Plus, I can always transfer funds to her account, if self-support is a better way to apply for visa. If I transfer funds today, lets say $ 5,000 in her account in Pakistan, by the time she goes to interview, it would only be a 1 or max 2 month bank statement containing $5,000 in her account. No tax returns as she never worked, no property documents. Does it now seem like a better situation?

Plz suggest ways to improve situation. Thanx!

She can only bring what she has. Any support from you would be deemed reason for her not to return. I don't see a huge chance in success but she can always try

The form DS-160 clearly mentions if anyone else is sponsoring trip of applicant other than the applicant himself. So, if funding the visit trip of a relative would not have been a concept, why the form DS-160 would even mention such a section?

Its not sponsoring visa, but like kind of funding a relative's trip. So thats y its called sponsorship. Its not a sponsorship like a petition definitely, but just funding trip!

Any thoughts on this now plz? My target is to find out the better way: EIther to mention on DS-160 that I shall or my husband shall fund her trip, OR we may send money into her bank account, like $5000 and she can show 1 0r 2 onth bank statement to the embassy that she can afford ticket + trip costs.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would be nice for her to have some money in her account no matter what happens.

She wants to go see her daughter, her daughter is paying for the trip, not rocket science.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Matters not, but if she has an empty bank account and nothing for emergencies then that would kill 2 birds with one stone.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.