saddwek33

My Husband Was given a letter today and says he is ineligible

64 posts in this topic

All I tell people is FACE TIME is #1 evidence nothing trumps that so visit and visit as long as you can at least 21 day. This 4 days and never return. No No No!

You can't always do so. In our case, if I were to visit him, the chances of my head being cut off increase. Sure, I might be able to rent a room in Kabul for some days (at a tune of $400 per day for the 'safest' hotel there), but more affordable hotels require a marriage certificate for him to visit me. Getting married in Afg is not as simple as it seems online. (It might have been more simple if we used a bribe, but I won't go that route.)

We planned our first visit, but had to reschedule it THREE different times because of a terrorist attack in the city of his university. This caused his final exams to be rescheduled again and again, so we didn't know when we could get together. I won't even go into how many hurdles we had to struggle over to get his visa for the third country we met in. There is a fourth country that we could meet in easier, but due to political animosities, well, let me just say that could cause problems for him. By the time we actually got his visa for that third country, we only had a month on there before it expired; he had to leave before that date.

If our surrounding circumstances were more stable, I would agree with you. I would have liked to visit his family, especially his dad that made our relationship possible, before his passed away last month. But it is what it is. Thankfully, our CO was reasonable and fair. I don't know what they did and did not look at for our evidence in our petition, but I know that if we would have had to wait longer, we would have gone through all that hassle again to see each other. I know that there should be evidence of some sort to show legitimate relationship. In some places, you need to put through more efforts than if you were coming from, say, a European country or the Philippines. However, all that effort is totally worth it. Don't let the set backs keep you back.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

You can't always do so. In our case, if I were to visit him, the chances of my head being cut off increase.

Amhara, that's horrible! :wow:

There are many cases when travelling a half way around the world is difficult. When the real "face time" is limited, then phone records and Skype come to the rescue. Just something which shows that two people were in constant (preferably daily) communication.

It sounds like the OP had not visited from 2011 through 2015, and they married during that visit. It also sounds like she is a native of Ghana. Hopefully, she can address why there has been few visits between these dates during their appeal. I don't think "being busy" will suffice. Hopefully she can address this and maybe lay out more documentation to show relationship. You may want to look into getting him an ITIN as now may be the perfect time for that. If you want to MFJ, of course.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can't always do so. In our case, if I were to visit him, the chances of my head being cut off increase. Sure, I might be able to rent a room in Kabul for some days (at a tune of $400 per day for the 'safest' hotel there), but more affordable hotels require a marriage certificate for him to visit me. Getting married in Afg is not as simple as it seems online. (It might have been more simple if we used a bribe, but I won't go that route.)

We planned our first visit, but had to reschedule it THREE different times because of a terrorist attack in the city of his university. This caused his final exams to be rescheduled again and again, so we didn't know when we could get together. I won't even go into how many hurdles we had to struggle over to get his visa for the third country we met in. There is a fourth country that we could meet in easier, but due to political animosities, well, let me just say that could cause problems for him. By the time we actually got his visa for that third country, we only had a month on there before it expired; he had to leave before that date.

If our surrounding circumstances were more stable, I would agree with you. I would have liked to visit his family, especially his dad that made our relationship possible, before his passed away last month. But it is what it is. Thankfully, our CO was reasonable and fair. I don't know what they did and did not look at for our evidence in our petition, but I know that if we would have had to wait longer, we would have gone through all that hassle again to see each other. I know that there should be evidence of some sort to show legitimate relationship. In some places, you need to put through more efforts than if you were coming from, say, a European country or the Philippines. However, all that effort is totally worth it. Don't let the set backs keep you back.

Well of course your circumstances and many others who who put life in danger to visit. I was merely stating all the fluff of text and IM's and facebook mean nothing. It's Face time they want. I have seen too many couples break up within months of getting here and the majority are couples that spend less than 10 days together and haven;t seen each other in 18 months to 3 years. I mean WTH. And none of these people were denied some in a 4 to 9 month AP and still no visit and still got a dang Visa only to come here and on both parties clown and now they are split up. It's a crying shame. The embassy I wish would monitor this mess and say guess what hommie you don;t want to live with your US spouse, go home. But I digress.

And Amhara I am so sorry for the horror you and your husband went through I am glad he is safe and sound with you and I pray for his family to get to safety.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.