DA BOMB

IMBRA filers

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Wow, that really sucks. You are the first that I have heard of to have a problem with the IMBRA law. I had a feeling it was going to be enforced more before long but I hate to see that. I think they were cutting some slack for the early guys as they got thier ducks in a row. The USCIS example of who could be granted an IMBRA waver always seemed to me to be extreame. I hope it does not become the standard.

Your best option if the K-1 is denied is a K-3. At this time IMBRA does not apply to K-3 applications. Good luck and keep us posted.

I quickly sent the waiver letter request back last night but my gut feeling is that even though all these other people have been granted multiple petition waivers, I think they are now enforcing it and not granting the waivers anymore. I asked an attorney yesterday what to do. I asked him if I should just let them deny or it or write back and he told me I better respond because if I go to get the K3 or the I 130 the denial looks really bad. He said to answer it and then withdraw the k1 if we get married in the mean time. Everything on here said that imbra was no big deal

heres the crazy thng. I was a battered wife by an American for over 11 years. Here I go to try to build my life and this stupid law is hurting me.. This makes no sense. My other fiancee NEVER GOT HIS VISA or ever went to the interview. And here are people getting waivers from crimes and other people with multiple petitions.. some who even came here and here I am getting my waiver ignored and now I dont know which way to turn. I just sent the letter off last night. They did not give me any time to respond. Only 10 days. What if I would have been out of town? And then they didnt email me the notice. Its just came in the mail I feel like just getting married to him on this next trip which is in a couple of weeks. I dont know what to do exactly at this point.. I dont know if I should wait out the imbra appeal process and then appeal again or just get married and start a new case. I leave for Algeria in 10 days and its going to be hard for me to get back over there fast. My gut feeling is telling me to get married in Tunisia and start a K3 and withdraw this case when I get back.. This is a mess. everyne told me the waiver was no big deal... it is and they are nt giving them easy anymore

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all the NOA2s on here and I cant help but wonder how many of these had IMBRA waivers included in the petitions. I'd like to see just how much this slows down the process. TIA

They are starting to strictly enforce imbra. I will let you know becacuse they sent me an intent to deny because of my petition a year and half ago and ignored the waiver request that I sent in with the petition and asked for another waiver. This makes no sense. I see all kind of people on here getting waivers for petitions in the last 2 years and multiple petitions. Time will tell what they do with my imbra waiver request. I think they will deny it.. Thats what my gut says. They have to start denying because they let so many people slip by so far this year. They have to start enforcing it.

I do not think they will give me the waiver and I think I will be forced to go the K3 route. I have wasted so much time on this.. Its HORRIBLE

Well, mine doesn't seem to be going very well. I sent the K-1 on the 14th of December to Vermont. My NOA-2 was January 22nd. Most take about 2 weeks. I was notified that my name had been added to a Database of Multiple filers. From then, absolutely nothing. I have not received any notices from NVC. One other guy using Vermont with a fiencee from Russia and with a NOA-2 date the same as mine has his interview on March 25th. I just have to assume the IMBRA waver is slowing it down but I really thought if it did slow it down it would be in Vermont.

I had decided to wait until the end of this week (tomorrow) before I start trying to find out what is happening. Anyway, that is my story.

I enclosed an IMBRA waiver in my fiancee petition. They ignored it and sent me an intent to deny due to IMBRA and requested I send another waiver. This was sent out on April 23rd, 2007 and arrived April 28th, 2007. I promptly requested a waiver and sent it right back. Several very weird things. Usually with an intent to deny they give you 30 days. This notice only gave me till May 8th to submit a waiver and on the second page ( not the blue sheet) it gave me 30. But the blue sheet onlygave me 15 days to have my waiver there. I talked to an attorney today that is a friend of mine. He told me it could be one of 2 things. Either they saw the waiver and no matter what they arent going to give it to me and just sent this out basically to expedite denial due to imbra. Or they are just missing the waiver and if they didint have it, they would have approved it. It seems strange to me that the information is being requested so quickly.. not giving me anytime to get all kinds of things together. April send out intent to deny only giving me till May 8th to request a waiver.

What do you think?

Do I have a chance with this or did they basically already turn me down since I had the waiver request in my original petition/

Have you ever seen them give such a short time for an RFE? Could this be a good thing? By the way the envelope was addressed to the RFE department and they sent an envelope with the paper that was adressed RFE. I found it odd that they enclosed an envelope. I also found it odd they gave me sucha short time to answer

Wow, that really sucks. You are the first that I have heard of to have a problem with the IMBRA law. I had a feeling it was going to be enforced more before long but I hate to see that. I think they were cutting some slack for the early guys as they got thier ducks in a row. The USCIS example of who could be granted an IMBRA waver always seemed to me to be extreame. I hope it does not become the standard.

Your best option if the K-1 is denied is a K-3. At this time IMBRA does not apply to K-3 applications. Good luck and keep us posted.

Was it a good thing that nothing else was pointed out as a problem except the multiple petitions? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? If i cannot get married can I file again March 7th of next year ( 2 exact years after the approval.? Should I just try to get m arried and get the I 130? Why did they RFE me with such a quick response time? Is there any chance I will get the waiver?

IMBRA multiple filing provisions do not apply to K-3. All others are suppose to.

so if i dont have any kinds of criminal stuff against me, I shoud be fine with a ki3....?

so if i dont have any kinds of criminal stuff against me, I shoud be fine with a ki3....?

Theoretically......

is there a chance with a short response time that I could be granted the waiver? I do not understand why they asked for the waiver if I enclosed it already

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.