DA BOMB

IMBRA filers

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I see all the NOA2s on here and I cant help but wonder how many of these had IMBRA waivers included in the petitions. I'd like to see just how much this slows down the process. TIA

I did not have an IMBRA waiver in my petition but I know someone who did (2nd petition within 2 years), and he filed about 20 days before I did and was approved 3 days before I was....

so maybe it adds 3 weeks on to the case?

If a statistical sample of one is a trend then you could draw that conclusion... but then again TracyTN filed one day after me and was approved 30 days after mine and she did not have any IMBRA issues...

do statistics really prove right?Is there some kind of rythm to it?Like flow in which thing get done?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mine doesn't seem to be going very well. I sent the K-1 on the 14th of December to Vermont. My NOA-2 was January 22nd. Most take about 2 weeks. I was notified that my name had been added to a Database of Multiple filers. From then, absolutely nothing. I have not received any notices from NVC. One other guy using Vermont with a fiencee from Russia and with a NOA-2 date the same as mine has his interview on March 25th. I just have to assume the IMBRA waver is slowing it down but I really thought if it did slow it down it would be in Vermont.

I had decided to wait until the end of this week (tomorrow) before I start trying to find out what is happening. Anyway, that is my story.

any news turbo guy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, mine doesn't seem to be going very well. I sent the K-1 on the 14th of December to Vermont. My NOA-2 was January 22nd. Most take about 2 weeks. I was notified that my name had been added to a Database of Multiple filers. From then, absolutely nothing. I have not received any notices from NVC. One other guy using Vermont with a fiencee from Russia and with a NOA-2 date the same as mine has his interview on March 25th. I just have to assume the IMBRA waver is slowing it down but I really thought if it did slow it down it would be in Vermont.

I had decided to wait until the end of this week (tomorrow) before I start trying to find out what is happening. Anyway, that is my story.

any news turbo guy?

He just posted today (if you look under his profile and search for recent posts). He cleared NVC in mid-March but now appears to have re-entered the black hole in Moscow......

YMMV

I see all the NOA2s on here and I cant help but wonder how many of these had IMBRA waivers included in the petitions. I'd like to see just how much this slows down the process. TIA

I did not have an IMBRA waiver in my petition but I know someone who did (2nd petition within 2 years), and he filed about 20 days before I did and was approved 3 days before I was....

If a statistical sample of one is a trend then you could draw that conclusion... but then again TracyTN filed one day after me and was approved 30 days after mine and she did not have any IMBRA issues...

have you seen any imbra denials with a waiver request for multiple petitions/

Timeline

None that I am aware of...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
any news turbo guy?

Nope, still sitting in the dark with my thumb stuck in my ear. I am going to try calling again tonight to see if anything has happened but so far nothing at all.

Getting back on topic. If someone loses their S/O over the delays in the visa process, even if it goes on for years, then they did not have anything that was worth saving anyway. My fiancee and I are facing challenges we had not expected with our visa application and it has made our relationship even stronger because we are facing the adversity together, sharing the worry and fear and working to find the best possible solutions.

It is a little like the expression about the problems we face will either kill us or make us stronger. It is making us stronger. If it kills you it was never really alive anyway.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

any news turbo guy?

Nope, still sitting in the dark with my thumb stuck in my ear. I am going to try calling again tonight to see if anything has happened but so far nothing at all.

Getting back on topic. If someone loses their S/O over the delays in the visa process, even if it goes on for years, then they did not have anything that was worth saving anyway. My fiancee and I are facing challenges we had not expected with our visa application and it has made our relationship even stronger because we are facing the adversity together, sharing the worry and fear and working to find the best possible solutions.

It is a little like the expression about the problems we face will either kill us or make us stronger. It is making us stronger. If it kills you it was never really alive anyway.

I agree....

I have a question. Have you seen SO's leave petitioners in the middle cause of delays ? It happened to me and what is so horrible is that he took till I found someone else to come back around and now its too late. I started the process in October 2005 and the fees went up so they sent the whole package back to me and then kept delaying the submission. By the time I got the approval he had left and found someone else. I wonder if relationships have broken up over lengthy delays...

How come we are not getting any correspondance with them? If I made a mistake on filling something out will they tell me? I didnt know if I needed a waiver or not so I did one.. and then I sent them copies of my hotel bill and my plane tickets and pics and I did not get an RFE... I havent gotten anything. The poor file was at texas first and then at cali and then 12 april my old case was shipped back to cali for review because of the IMBRA thing... yet to this moment I HAVE HEARD NOTHING>> NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.. and its making me sad. I dont know if things are good or bad or what... At least an interview you can prepare for .... like gather stuff.. pics... phone bills affadavits... etc... but this black hole of USCIS is like this horrible abyss you put things in and nothing comes out

then if most are being granted waivers.. why did they make the rule up to begin with if a whole waiver system is in place..

AND DCF is the same way... some people are skirthing the system anyway

Timeline
then if most are being granted waivers.. why did they make the rule up to begin with if a whole waiver system is in place..

AND DCF is the same way... some people are skirthing the system anyway

It is the government. Doesn't that explain everything.

I have not seen anyone with wavers being denied. It does seem to create more of a problem if the beneficiary was here before on a K-1 visa (even if they returned in less than the 90 days) than if the petitioner has multiple K-1's and does a waver. That seems to trigger an A/R which really is the pitts.

I just called NVC last night and there is no change in our status. I am sure as some have mentioned lenghty delays can kill a relationship, especially when a feeling of hopelessness sets in. I e-mailed my fiancee and updated her last night. I just got one back from her and I have to agree with what she said. The delay for us has made our relationship stronger. It is a problem we are facing together, side by side and helping to create a common bond. It has helped us know we really want to be togther no matter what we have to go through or do for that to be reality.

I did check to see if we had been assigned a case number at NVC and we were. Those who believe in lucky numbers would have expected ours to be lucky. We were the 7th one processed that day which gives us an ending number of 007. Perhaps that is what really triggered our Administrative Review. They looked at the ending number and thought I might be the famous Brittish secret agent.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Turboguy,

Seven is the number of completeness. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I put the imbra appeal in my petition and they still sent me an intent to deny due to imbra and asked me to send a waiver. They ignored the one I put in there so now I just had to write another letter. How long are these appeals taking once they receive the letter?

I think they are starting to deny with waivers. Thats what my attorney friend just told me. I dont think they are granting the waivers easy now. I also am very upset because I enclosed the waiver in my petition and they ignored it and sent me the intent to deny due to IMBRA and I had explained that he had never come here and never interviewed ( my former fiancee) They did not seem to care. They sent me the letter of intent to deny and only gave me 8 days to respond. I will be gone on vacation for 2 weeks. They could have denied me on vacataion and I wouldnt have even known what to do or where to call.

I have received an imbra denial due to last years petition and they barely gave me time to respond. I sent the letter in as fast as I could.

What can I do now? Can I marry him with the k3? WHat are my options. This battered wife law is ruining my life...

Timeline

Wow, that really sucks. You are the first that I have heard of to have a problem with the IMBRA law. I had a feeling it was going to be enforced more before long but I hate to see that. I think they were cutting some slack for the early guys as they got thier ducks in a row. The USCIS example of who could be granted an IMBRA waver always seemed to me to be extreame. I hope it does not become the standard.

Your best option if the K-1 is denied is a K-3. At this time IMBRA does not apply to K-3 applications. Good luck and keep us posted.

Timeline
Your best option if the K-1 is denied is a K-3. At this time IMBRA does not apply to K-3 applications. Good luck and keep us posted.

IMBRA multiple filing provisions do not apply to K-3. All others are suppose to.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.