Marry American

WHAT DID YOU PLAN FOR YOUR SO UPON ARRIVAL?

32 posts in this topic

I bought a dresser for her. And last night the kids and I went shopping and picked up a huge warm comforter and pillow for her. Western Washington will be a bit cooler than she is used to in the Philippines and United Arab Emirates.

My son also hand crafted a card saying "Welcome Home" except it says Welkome! :lol: And both kids want to go shopping for flowers for her when we meet her at SeaTac airport Tuesday to bring her home. :dance:

I figure on waiting till she arrives to shop for things she will need beyond that. I know she is going to need a warm coat, still snowing off and on here, and when not, cold and/or raining and windy.

Tuesday night can't get here fast enough! :thumbs:

(As to the guys perspective on razors, I have always used Gillette Mach3, it is most definitely the best!)

WOW Tuesday! Congratulations! :dance: I think the "welkome" sign is a keeper and more precious than anything else you could get for her!! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My hubby wants approval on everything, so what I haven't done yet, I'll wait until he gets here so we can go together and get what he wants. not have much to bring with him after his brothers get through claiming his stuff as their own. He always lets them, too! Grrrrrr!

Wow, I so sympathize with this! Maj arrived with a teeny suitcase and practically no clothes because he gave them all to his brothers. So then we had to buy a bunch of stuff :wacko: which we really didn't have the money for. Then when he went back to visit, despite the fact that we'd bought a ton of clothes for his brothers, he returned with almost nothing. Arghh!!

Similarly, my husband arrived with a small suitcase too. He brought very little. We had to go buy a whole bunch of things as well (at a time when we had little due to paperwork and wedding). My family was so taken by how little he had brought that they all went out shopping and bought him outfits, etc.

Now that he has gone back to Morocco, he spent the night a couple of days ago bringing back a great share of his wardrobe to give to his brother or friend. He said he doesn't wear this or that all that much and might as well give it to them!

As for what to have when he/she arrives...I just put up a "Welcome Home" banner and had a small treat for him. We then went out together the next day after we determined what he needed to get.

Twila

Edited by tnh9479

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.