JCandLiping

best embassy for I129f first intrview, Beijing or Shenyang?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone I am planning to submit my i-129f and G325A paperwork very soon and one of the questions it asked on which embassy that we would be using. We have two options based on location and they are Beijing and Shenyang. My question is quite simple and if one is better than the other as far as being convenient, or having less problems. It really makes no difference to us which one we go to but it will definitely be one of these two. I would really appreciate any suggestions along with the reasons of why one is better than the other.

Thank you,

JC and Liping

**Edit** So it looks like I couldn't find either Beijing or Shenyang in this list of embassies. Sorry about that**

Hey there! Have you happened to check out this page on the site already? http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

You can find either consulate and see ratings and reviews for either.

I hope that is what you are looking for, and I wish you luck on your path!

Edited by QueenMorgie

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

The only consulate in China for K-1 interviews is Guangzhou.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone I am planning to submit my i-129f and G325A paperwork very soon and one of the questions it asked on which embassy that we would be using. We have two options based on location and they are Beijing and Shenyang. My question is quite simple and if one is better than the other as far as being convenient, or having less problems. It really makes no difference to us which one we go to but it will definitely be one of these two. I would really appreciate any suggestions along with the reasons of why one is better than the other.

Thank you,

JC and Liping

As stated above all approved K-1 visa petitions for PRC citizens will go through the immigrant visa unit in Guangzhou.

Even though a K-1 is categorized as a non-immigrant visa they are processed by the IV unit and the consulate in GZ is the only IV unit for China.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant_visas.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone, I did not know that Guangzhou was the only one that could handle the k1 visa. I guess that eliminates the need for a decision now. So when filling out the paperwork it will ask which embassy I will just put Guangzhou.

Thank you all

JC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

My wife is from Liaoning province, and Shenyang would have been the closest US consulate for her and her son's K1 and K2 visas. However, as others have stated. The only US consulate in China that processes K1/K2 fiancée visas is Guangzhou. It is about a 5 hour jet flight from Liaoning province to Guangzhou.

When the time comes check out the VJ info page for the Guangzhou consulate. There are some reasonable hotels nearby. One where the proprietor has helped numerous K1 visa couples over the years, was our favorite. Try to avoid getting an interview scheduled during the sweltering summer months in Guangzhou. :yes:

BTW, the Guangzhou consulate is one of our country's oldest and still operating foreign service outposts. It was first established during the administration of George Washington, and has been in continuous operation since then (with the exception of a few years after the CCP takeover in 1948).

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.