usernamebilly

I-751 October 2015 Filers

599 posts in this topic

hello my gc expire and i Have already my extention for one year can travel without problem a dominican republic

I would make an info pass appointment and get an I551 stamp put in your passport.

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2015-10-08

NOA Date : 2015-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-12

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

The long awaited text/status update is here. This happened just 2 mins back - Just got a text that my case has been updated. I logged in to check USCIS case status and it says "On September 15, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I'm a Vermont Filer, and below is my timeline

Date Filed : 2015-10-10 NOA Date : 2015-10-14 RFE(s) : None Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-10

Good Luck everyone! Vermont filers are up for a surprise

Hey Guys

Just want to updated you guys My case sent to Vermont Office NOA Oct 26,2015, today i got the approved letter from location USCIS. Somehow the online case status doesn't changed. Hopefully they mail the card soon.

Hello!

Today I received a letter from USCIS with a request for more evidence. I am so upset because they didn't even state all of the evidence that I had sent in. This was their reply:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) and supporting evidence. Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

You submitted in support of your marital relationship:

- 2013 and 2014 joint tax documents.

- 2014 and 2015 joint Bank statements, however they have little transaction history

- 2013, 2014, and 2015 joint Bank savings statements

- 2013, 2014, and 2015 Bank credit card statements, however, these were only in your spouse's name

- joint health care cards

- three affidavits, and

- photographs of you and your spouse

The problem with this is that they forgot a bunch of evidence that we actually did send in. This is the actual list of proof of our bonafide marriage that we sent in with our application (copied from our cover letter):

• Copy of our housing lease
  • Copies of the tax statements for the previous two years (2013-2014)
  • Documentation from my husband’s 401k reflecting myself as a beneficiary
  • Copies of bank statements from our joint checking and savings accounts
  • Copies of our credit cards along with statements showing a joint account
  • Documentation from Health Insurance showing that I am a designated beneficiary on my husband’s plan
  • Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage
  • Photographs from our wedding, vacations, family gatherings and everyday activities
  • Copies of my husband’s drivers license and my drivers permit showing the same address
  • Copies of Car insurance documentation covering both my husband and myself
  • Copies of ConEdison and NationalGrid bills in my husbands name reflecting our shared address
  • Copy of a Christmas card from my husband’s cousin and his fiancé addressed to my husband and I
  • Copy of a thank you card from our friends addressed to my husband and I

So basically USCIS didn't care/lost/forgot about our joint car insurance in both of our names, our lease, they forgot the copies of our drivers license and drivers permit that reflects that my husband and I live on the same address, as well as the christmas and thank you card addressed to both of us (I can see why this isn't considered maybe strong proof).

The reason why the utility bills were stated in my husbands name is because I only started working earlier this year because I was studying to become a teacher. As soon as I got the letter my husband made sure to add my name to all the utility bills (gas, electricity and internet) but I will only really have for 2 months worth of statements before my deadline for the request for more evidence.

Now they want more proof - should I just resend the information that they OBVIOUSLY missed?

I really don't know what else I could send them... Would my pay stubs from this year that highlights my address work as evidence?

I really appreciate all of your advice in this.

Thank you all!

Hello All,

The long awaited text/status update is here. This happened just 2 mins back - Just got a text that my case has been updated. I logged in to check USCIS case status and it says "On September 15, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Date Filed : 2015-10-10 NOA Date : 2015-10-14 RFE(s) : None Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-10

congrats!!!

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello!

Today I received a letter from USCIS with a request for more evidence. I am so upset because they didn't even state all of the evidence that I had sent in. This was their reply:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) and supporting evidence. Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together.

- 2014 and 2015 joint Bank statements, however they have little transaction history

- 2013, 2014, and 2015 Bank credit card statements, however, these were only in your spouse's name

- three affidavits, and

The problem with this is that they forgot a bunch of evidence that we actually did send in. This is the actual list of proof of our bonafide marriage that we sent in with our application (copied from our cover letter):

• Documentation from my husbands 401k reflecting myself as a beneficiary
  • Documentation from Health Insurance showing that I am a designated beneficiary on my husbands plan
  • Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage
  • Photographs from our wedding, vacations, family gatherings and everyday activities
  • Copies of my husbands drivers license and my drivers permit showing the same address
  • Copies of ConEdison and NationalGrid bills in my husbands name reflecting our shared address
  • Copy of a Christmas card from my husbands cousin and his fiancé addressed to my husband and I

So basically USCIS didn't care/lost/forgot about our joint car insurance in both of our names, our lease, they forgot the copies of our drivers license and drivers permit that reflects that my husband and I live on the same address, as well as the christmas and thank you card addressed to both of us (I can see why this isn't considered maybe strong proof).

The reason why the utility bills were stated in my husbands name is because I only started working earlier this year because I was studying to become a teacher. As soon as I got the letter my husband made sure to add my name to all the utility bills (gas, electricity and internet) but I will only really have for 2 months worth of statements before my deadline for the request for more evidence.

Now they want more proof - should I just resend the information that they OBVIOUSLY missed?

I really don't know what else I could send them... Would my pay stubs from this year that highlights my address work as evidence?

Thank you all!

I think your credit bank statement is your big issure beacause of small transactions!!! Like me, I always use cash. Now Im worry. Good luck to yourself

Now im worried :/ I didn't send many utility bills on our name because we just don't have any other than cell phone and car insurance. Most of the bills were in his moms name not even his. The stuff I sent in was

-copy of both drivers license with old address since we had just moved

-the change of address info with copy of the AR11 and receipt for I865

-copy of tax return for 2013 and 2014

-birth certificate for our son

-Joint car insurance from 2015-2016

-copy of the application for health insurance for 2014 and 2015

-verizon wireless statement for joint cell phone plan

-copies of bank statements (These are funny because we always transfer from his usaa when he gets payed to my wells fargo and I pay all the bills and then our joint is always kind of empty lol so I hope they don't see that as strange)

-2 affidavits

-Pictures from several occasions here and back in colombia with his family and my family and with my son of course

Cant wait to be done with this, I thought we would of all had an answer at the end of august beg of september :(

Congrats to all those who have received confirmation.

I am starting to think I am going to be in the same situation as Meowmie. My husband has his own business, therefore we have separate bank accounts. The joint account we had together had little transactions (closed the joint account recently because it cost $10/month). We did not have the big wedding we wanted because of family members being ill, life and work. Only items I sent were the condo lease, 3 cars (2 leased, 1 financed) in both our names, car insurance, my husband on my health insurance plan... would have to look what else I sent. But now I am really worried... took them forever to get to the October 2015 filers, I cant imagine them requesting additional information, how long it will take them to review that?

Its funny how quick they cashed the checks compared to how long it took them to review and process October 2015 filers... At this point I am going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

I am just curious, all the people who got approved, did you go through a lawyer or just did it yourself.

Anyways congrats to those who have received the good news and fingers crossed for those who are still waiting to hear/have to submit additional documentation.

Congrats to all those who have received confirmation.

I am starting to think I am going to be in the same situation as Meowmie. My husband has his own business, therefore we have separate bank accounts. The joint account we had together had little transactions (closed the joint account recently because it cost $10/month). We did not have the big wedding we wanted because of family members being ill, life and work. Only items I sent were the condo lease, 3 cars (2 leased, 1 financed) in both our names, car insurance, my husband on my health insurance plan... would have to look what else I sent. But now I am really worried... took them forever to get to the October 2015 filers, I cant imagine them requesting additional information, how long it will take them to review that?

Its funny how quick they cashed the checks compared to how long it took them to review and process October 2015 filers... At this point I am going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

I am just curious, all the people who got approved, did you go through a lawyer or just did it yourself.

Anyways congrats to those who have received the good news and fingers crossed for those who are still waiting to hear/have to submit additional documentation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello All,

Congrats!

Hello!

- three affidavits, and

• Documentation from Health Insurance showing that I am a designated beneficiary on my husband’s plan
  • Copies of my husband’s drivers license and my drivers permit showing the same address
  • Copy of a Christmas card from my husband’s cousin and his fiancé addressed to my husband and I

Thank you all!

Meowmie,

I think your documentation is thorough and your case should have been approved. Can't believe it wasn't. The documents noted with a "however" are obviously the issue, but you should call them to check whether the other documents were actually taken into account or for some reason were missing from your file, because they are not listing them and their list should be complete. For instance: car insurance documentation.

A plea to other posters, especially those who had their case approved: Please state if you submitted more documentation than Meowmie did, so that others could evaluate their strategies from now on.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Finally they updated it to Say Oct 5. Im Oct 8 so I hope this means soon

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2015-10-08

NOA Date : 2015-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-12

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello!

- three affidavits, and

Thank you all!

I am sorry you got RFE-ed. This must be very disheartening to get after almost a year's wait. I got a similar letter. "Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish..." sounds frightening but in the end it will be fine. VSC has been throwing these to a lot of June-Oct 2015 filers.
The list USCIS says that you submitted looks like a list someone typed in a rush (in my RFE too). Don't be upset about it.
As for strategies to respond, here are the main ones I used: 1. Explore new type of materials 2. Explore same type of materials, but more recent ones 3. Get different version of essentially the same thing (health insurance tax form in addition to health insurance cards) 4. Write an affidavit to explain more about what you have and what you don't have and why
I **did not** send in stuff I sent previously because the RFE letter says not to do so. However in your case you might be better off sending again along with a note in cover letter or affidavit that you want to send these along again due to the list in affidavit. You might want to send the repeated stuff in one category..
Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

As informed earlier, I had gotten a status update that my new card production was ordered. Today I got an official letter in the mail saying that my i751 was approved, the letter is dated 9/12/2016 and says now I'm categorized as IR1.

My heart goes out for all those who got RFE after such a long wait and especially who submitted detailed documentation.

Good Luck to all who're awaiting approvals, especially the Vermont ones.

My N400 filing date window opens in 4 days, so i'm trying to wrap up documentation early. Will have to wait for the new card to come in so that I can attach a copy. Off to Citizenship thread now.

Cheers,

A_Singh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.