jb1974

withdrawal of affidavit of support

29 posts in this topic

Collect all evidence you can and report to USCIS, they will take note on his file.

File Divorce NOW or tomorrow if you can... A divorce right after he got to the States will make his immigration path difficult later.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

i am single mom with 4 kids, and this guy coned me, betrayed, lied, and he did everything so carefully so i did not find out that he has someone else, i spend love , time, money, and he came here and later laugh at in my face. i sent immigration everything, he did not acted as a loving husband, obliviously, because his goal, was the status, i and then he lef, like nothing happen, i will move on to immigration, i will not pay bills for someone that even dont live with me, nor love me, or even consummate this marriage, thank you for your answers have a good day.

You did your best to convince the government your relationship was true. It's not it responsibility to clear up your mess.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm sorry you got played by this man you thought loved you. That's an awful situation to go through.

At this point you can't withdraw the affidavit of support but that doesn't mean you have to pay his bills.

File for divorce and cut all ties, move on. You haven't been married for very long, so I don't think you'd have to pay him spousal support or anything and even if he applied and received government assistance, it seems uncommon that a former petitioner has to pay that back at some point.

Gather whatever solid evidence of his fraud you might have and report him but don't expect much to come from it other than its documented for the future.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i am single mom with 4 kids, and this guy coned me, betrayed, lied, and he did everything so carefully so i did not find out that he has someone else, i spend love , time, money, and he came here and later laugh at in my face. i sent immigration everything, he did not acted as a loving husband, obliviously, because his goal, was the status, i and then he lef, like nothing happen, i will move on to immigration, i will not pay bills for someone that even dont live with me, nor love me, or even consummate this marriage, thank you for your answers have a good day.

Based on your statement, this is grounds for annullment, and his green card will be revoked.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If he has the 10 year GC you can't get him deported sorry, get a divorce as soon as possible and move on.

I suggest you keep track when he get the citizenship If you can, so you will know that your affidavit of support its not valid anymore.

Good luck!

M.

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Annulment is predominantly a VJ issue. Not something you come across very often in the real world.

Just wondering what the evidence is, not mentioned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If gc based on marriage, and marriage was annuled, no longer eligible for green card.

Wrong again:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328064-how-does-annulled-marriage-affect-citizenship-application/

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-annulment-will-affect-marriage-based-green-card-process.html

The USC would have to convince USCIS of the fraud

Edited by Transborderwife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You were married for 2 years and never consummated the marriage? You didn't think that was a red flag of sort?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Timeline

You've been married 2+ years. Marriage fraud is extremely rare and involves both parties trying to commit fraud, like accepting payment for marriage and not living together. It just sounds like you married someone in good faith, you were apart a loooong time, he wasn't faithful, and it didn't work out.

USCIS isn't a marriage counselor. Half of marriages end in divorce. Can you imagine if every spouse who was cheated on tried to annul the marriage? Its not a thing. My advice is get divorced and move on.

Additionally, if and when USCIS finds actual marriage fraud, the US citizen can get charged and fined for participating. So I wouldn't want to open myself up to a marriage fraud investigation. Your husband could just as easily say he paid you money to bring him over. Don't go down that he said, she said path.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You've been married 2+ years. Marriage fraud is extremely rare and involves both parties trying to commit fraud, like accepting payment for marriage and not living together. It just sounds like you married someone in good faith, you were apart a loooong time, he wasn't faithful, and it didn't work out.

USCIS isn't a marriage counselor. Half of marriages end in divorce. Can you imagine if every spouse who was cheated on tried to annul the marriage? Its not a thing. My advice is get divorced and move on.

Additionally, if and when USCIS finds actual marriage fraud, the US citizen can get charged and fined for participating. So I wouldn't want to open myself up to a marriage fraud investigation. Your husband could just as easily say he paid you money to bring him over. Don't go down that he said, she said path.

Marriage fraud isn't always a 2 person effort. It is probably as frequent that the non USC pretends to be head over heals in love with no real feeling behind it and shows their true heart once they have their feet inside the US. Trying to scare the OP into not reporting her immigration chasing hubby because it is going to come back at her is silly. She had nothing to do with his actions. She is blameless except for not having her eyes wide open enough.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

Marriage fraud isn't always a 2 person effort. It is probably as frequent that the non USC pretends to be head over heals in love with no real feeling behind it and shows their true heart once they have their feet inside the US. Trying to scare the OP into not reporting her immigration chasing hubby because it is going to come back at her is silly. She had nothing to do with his actions. She is blameless except for not having her eyes wide open enough.

Let's look at actual cases where USCIS found marriage fraud as defined by USCIS (not marriage fraud where someone took advantage of a gullible person and got married). This is straight from the USCIS website. What do these cases have in common? Money and entire networks of fraud. Multiple people charged. None were USCIS playing marriage counselor to a couple with a broken marriage and bad feelings. I found zero cases where a couple separated in a bitter way. The OP is welcome to report fraud, but her saying the marriage was not entered into in good faith is a bad idea. Why would marry someone knowing its not in good faith? Better to divorce and move on.

"According to evidence presented during the trial, the defendants conspired to recruit and pay U.S citizens to enter into fraudulent marriages for the purpose of receiving lawful permanent resident status or citizenship."

http://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/four-kenyan-nationals-sentenced-marriage-fraud-conspiracy

". Chavez, Baez, and Puron charged the individuals a fee to arrange the fraudulent marriages, notarized the fraudulent marriage licenses, completed the necessary immigration paperwork, and prepared the co-conspirators for their interviews with USCIS. The United States citizen and lawful permanent resident co-conspirators also charged the individuals a fee to enter into the fraudulent marriages."

http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-efforts-florida-lead-sentencing-28-marriage-and-immigration-fraud-ring-participants

"According to testimony and evidence presented at trial, Harrison, a Jamaican national, came to the United States in 2007 on a temporary work visa. After her visa expired, Harrison offered Cruz, a United States citizen, $6,000 to marry her."

http://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-efforts-tampa-lead-successful-cases-against-marriage-fraud

" The indictment further alleges that Peter Barlaan paid Winnie Barlaan several thousand dollars in exchange for her marrying Mark Barlaan and cooperating in the immigration proceedings."

http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-efforts-jacksonville-lead-indictment-marriage-fraud

"The defendants charged in the case allegedly recruited United States citizens to travel to Vietnam and enter into phony marriages to allow the illegal entry of the Vietnamese nationals into the United States. According to the indictment, some of the fraudulent marriages involved Vietnamese nationals who were already here. The charges in the indictment include conspiracy to defraud the United States; alien smuggling; marriage fraud; and aggravated identity theft."

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/MarriageFr081006PR.pdf

Edited by Harmonia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When this happens the US person can submit all the evidence they have to the fraud unit of USCIS. Then it becomes a choice of the government of if the pursue any action against the immigrant. There is no I didn't get what I bargained for take them back unit. No one should petition someone they don't know extremely well. Meeting online is a terrible way to find a spouse unless you spend months getting to know each other face to face before letting your hormones drive you into marriage and bed.

yup yup. Echo and expanding....

make an infopass appointment at your local uscis office. Once there, ask to speak with the FDNS officer. Present your casefile for fraud, walk the officer through the casefile. If the investigation proves up the fraud, a 'hold for deportation' order us put into a computer system, which is accessed if he has a traffic stop, is arrested, or comes into the usa at a poe.

it's a long calendar, nothing quick, but you can't win if you don't play.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.