33 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If the beneficiary and petitioner have been married less than two years at the time the I-485 is approved then the beneficiary will receive what is called a "conditional" legal permanent residence. This simply means that the beneficiary will have to renew his/her greencard 2 years from the date it was originally "issued" by filing an I-751 to remove conditional status. When filing this form you will need to again show proof of your valid and ongoing marriage

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Filed: Timeline

Can you please explain why i am wrong?

Immigration laws are complex. You were told you were wrong several times in this thread (which is a specific situation) So to review:

The spouse in this situation has a 10yr GC. The aff of support can not be withdrawn. There is a limited window in which one can withdraw it and that is after it is submitted but before AOS is approved and a GC is issued. So they are past that point. The card was issued. As for the removal of conditions (ROC) yes it is true that the first GC issued if you are married for less then 2 years is a conditional one. The OP stated here he has the 10yr card which means they successfully went through ROC. For her to impact his immigration status she would need to submit proof of fraud (which is very difficult) and have them reopen his file and revoke his card. There are various threads on VJ detailing the level of proof needed. It is extremely difficult to prove and more often then not the person submitting does not meet the burden required. Very rare for a case of fraud to have the proof needed for action to be taken.

Your confusion is you are looking at the guides on VJ which states to remove conditions you need to show proof of the ongoing marriage. That is if you are filing ROC jointly. There are ways to file ROC alone for example in cases of divorce or death or abuse. The guide on VJ is simply that, a guide and its for JOINT ROC. Immigration law is far more complex then the guide gets into.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

He does have a 10 year, there's nothing i can do. Moving on after 6 years. Easier said than done. Everyone should be warned about this stuff. I should've followed my instincts when i seen he was not the same person when he got out here. Im sick with cancer and he walks away in the midst of my health. That can't be evidence enough...bs. I'll let God take care of it. Maybe we'll end up working things out.

Why would you want to work things out with someone who walked out on you when you are sick? Move on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.