starlisle

Question regarding G325A and criminal records

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have two questions:

1. I havent been working at all the last five years (I am the one immigrating to the US) as I have been studying and been unemployed. I have searched the Internet and it says I should not put student in the last five years check so that means they are going to think I am a nasty no worth being because I have only been studying and been unemployed for the last five years (one of the years I was actually home with my child, parental leave).

Can our application be denied because of this? Is it any way I can make it look better?

2. Do I have to submit a criminal records draft? Reason why I am asking is because it costs $30 here and then thats without the translation fee as weirdly enough those are only given in Swedish.

Someone please help. I am really worried about my unemployment the last five years. I do know someone that would help me say I have worked for their business in the UK though if I have to. To make it look better. But I rather not if I can avoid it but then at the same time I cant risk getting denied as I am already depressed being without my fiancé.

Edited by starlisle

If you are the beneficiary or person immigration it does not matter if you are working or have ever work or not

he G-325a form is for bio and background info. I think there is another part to put your education down on the form

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

If you are the beneficiary or person immigration it does not matter if you are working or have ever work or not

he G-325a form is for bio and background info. I think there is another part to put your education down on the form. Also you really do not want to lie and state you work some where when you did not. Your petition will not be deny because of you not working

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes put down that you were a student.

The police record I english won't cost you a dime! It might take a couple of weeks to receive but they don't charge you for it and the police will provide it in english!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Yes put down that you were a student. The police record I english won't cost you a dime! It might take a couple of weeks to receive but they don't charge you for it and the police will provide it in english!

How is that possible? It says it costs 192sek and if I have a criminal record that the sentences will only be written in Swedish.

"NOTE! The first section of the extract from the criminal records registry is always provided in five languages. Possible convictions are not translated and will appear only in Swedish."

"https://polisen.se/Service/Blanketter/Blanketter-belastningsregistret/blankett-4421-utlandsandamal-belastningsregistret/"

Im going crazy because of this because I know for a fact that I cannot pay for a translator!

It would be amazing if I could get it for free and in English, can you please tell me how you managed this?

Edited by starlisle

Timeline

Ok, my bad I looked at the link you provided and apparently they changed the system since I needed a police record! Sorry! All I had to was calling the police and they sent my record recommended.

Regarding the translation fee....not sure that you need a professional translator. Read up on the rules! I remember vaguely that a translation can be done and whoever translated has to sign the paper and put down his or her contact information. But make sure that's still accurate I might be remembering wrong. And hopefully you don't have convictions that can make it harder for you to get your visa!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Timeline

Ok, my bad I looked at the link you provided and apparently they changed the system since I needed a police record! Sorry! All I had to was calling the police and they sent my record recommended. Regarding the translation fee....not sure that you need a professional translator. Read up on the rules! I remember vaguely that a translation can be done and whoever translated has to sign the paper and put down his or her contact information. But make sure that's still accurate I might be remembering wrong. And hopefully you don't have convictions that can make it harder for you to get your visa!

Yes I am thinking, do I really need a translator as it says possible convicts are in swedish, and I have none. So maybe I dont need it then?

Timeline

If you don't have any convictions then there is nothing to translate

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Timeline

No I realized that afterwards haha

Also, is there any guide/checklists in particular that you would recommend?

How long does it take to prepare the i129f documents? I know it will take up to three weeks to get my criminal records, and I am guessing that goes with the i129f and not to the interview at the embassy. Is it too optimistic to think I can be done with all of that in three weeks?

Timeline

Also do you think it is possible to ask for a transfer to another service center as Texas is taking so long?

Timeline

Not sure about that since I did the CR1.... But join this threadhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/185-scandinavians/page-171

And no, you are stuck at the service center you get unfortunately. Back in my day California was the place everyone wanted to avoid because they were soooo slow! These days they are super fast so things change

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Timeline

Not sure about that since I did the CR1.... But join this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/185-scandinavians/page-171

And no, you are stuck at the service center you get unfortunately. Back in my day California was the place everyone wanted to avoid because they were soooo slow! These days they are super fast so things change

Thank you for the thread. We were doing the CR1 initially but plans changed. Cant believe a K1 takes that long time though, read about ppl having to wait 8 months for approval, its crazy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the thread. We were doing the CR1 initially but plans changed. Cant believe a K1 takes that long time though, read about ppl having to wait 8 months for approval, its crazy!

A 129F takes as long to filll out and prepare as you take to do it. It can take an afternoon or 6 months. It's only a few pages, just getting the documents together is what can take time. No, you can't pick and choose where to send your petition, if you could don't you think everyone would do that? Right now everything is forwarded to California anyway and takes about 6 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.