Gunner49

K1 Visa - Kuwait - Assistance Required

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi Both,

I started filling up the DS-160 but i'm stuck with the question

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the U.S law?

--is this related to the medical / vaccination shot i should have based on the given requirements?if so, shall I stop and just email Kuwait Consulate and just give them NVC case number instead to inquire if they received our petition papers and if I have the date of interview then proceed with DS-160 after my medical? i'm confused :(

I might have some confusion again along the way, I hope you can help me pls...

Thank you soo much. I truly appreciate your time :)

Timeline

Hi Both,

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the U.S law?

--is this related to the medical / vaccination shot i should have based on the given requirements?if so, shall I stop and just email Kuwait Consulate and just give them NVC case number instead to inquire if they received our petition papers and if I have the date of interview then proceed with DS-160 after my medical? i'm confused :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Both,

Hi Kisseslaarni,

For some reason, I never got an update from VJ on this thread. That is why I wasn't able to reply to you on your query.

Actually we too had this issue when filling up the DS-160 form, but we reckoned that since the medicals would be completed before the interview, we put the answer as "Yes"

I guess by now, you would have already found the answer to your question.

:)

K-1 Journey: 118 Days (L)

Our AOS Journey: 79 Days (L)

Our ROC Journey: 396 Days (L)
APRIL
4/30/2018 - Documents dispatched to California (I-751) [Day 0]

MAY
5/03/2018 - Package received by USCIS [Day 3]

JUNE
6/04/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 36]
6/09/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 41]

FEBRUARY
2/28/2019 - Previous Biometrics Accepted Letter [Day 304]

MAY
5/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 386]
5/23/2019 - New Card Being Produced [Day 388]
5/31/2019 - 10 Yr Green Card Received [Day 396]

Our Naturalization Journey: 

JULY
7/29/2019 - Documents dispatched [Day 0]

AUGUST
8/26/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 28]

OCTOBER
10/03/2019 - Interview Scheduled [Day 66]

:thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Timeline

hello CoolStrawberryPie,

Thank you for answering.

I had my interview at the U.S. Embassy last October 26, I got the notice from them last October 13 but Thank God that I was able to finished 98% of the requirements, my status is still Administrative Pending as they need to receive my Certificate of No Marriage and Birth Certificate from the Philippines. I just requested last October 15 via online as required and it will take 6-8 weeks before it reached the embassy.

Just being positive to have my papers ready before Christmas so I will be with my fiance on Christmas Holidays.

I'm still checking if there's some Filipino in this site same as my situation whom also here in Kuwait.

I hope there is even one :)

hello CoolStrawberryPie,

Thank you for answering.

I had my interview at the U.S. Embassy last October 26, I got the notice from them last October 13 but Thank God that I was able to finished 98% of the requirements, my status is still Administrative Pending as they need to receive my Certificate of No Marriage and Birth Certificate from the Philippines. I just requested last October 15 via online as required and it will take 6-8 weeks before it reached the embassy.

Just being positive to have my papers ready before Christmas so I will be with my fiance on Christmas Holidays.

I'm still checking if there's some Filipino in this site same as my situation whom also here in Kuwait.

I hope there is even one :)

Hi Kisseslaarni,

Wow! You had your interview earlier than I!

I just had my interview today and it went well (for the most part of it). I am not too sure if there was any issue with our case because the CO just handed me a white sticker with my number on it.

We wish you guys all the best and God willing you can get to be with your fiance this Christmas!

:)

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Timeline

Wish you all the best!!!

Did you leave your passport in the embassy?if so, then that's it! I think they will just tell you or contact you ( not sure how ) when your visa is ready. afters few days.

If the CO didn't tell you any additional documents needed then YOU MADE IT!!! :) :)

Happy for you!

Just as a minor correction here:

The DS-260 is for spousal visas and the DS-160 is for fiance visas. The DoS sees K-1's a non-immigrant, but with immigrant intent. I'm sure you've noticed the double usage of Immgrant when referring to the K-1 at the USEM level, but at the end, they are essentially NIV.

Aww, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golly. Shucks! You are so very welcome!!

Hi Amhara,

Thank you once again for having been there for us when we needed direction. We appreciate your support and may God bless you in whatever you do.

I just have a doubt and in order to explain that, I would need to give you the background of it.

So today was the day of interview and I had gone through the various steps of the interview process.

The entire process was as follows:

Collect Token --> Wait for Number to be called --> Proceed to hand the documents over to the lady behind the counter --> Go to the Cashier --> Pay $265 --> Wait for your name to be called out --> Interview by the American CO

I had prepared for a more tedious and detailed interview, but the person (American CO) was quite chilled out. It made me forget that I was in an interview.

Just a few basic questions of how we met and where we met. I did get one or two information jumbled up, which I quickly corrected.

That was it and in all this process, he was just busy tying stuff into his computer.

Once that was all done, the American CO took my passport and applied a sticker to it and wrote down my telephone number. The other piece of the sticker was handed over to me.

He told me that they would call me to collect the passport. That was it.

So I asked him this "What shall I tell my fiance?"

:rolleyes:

He told me that he was the type of guy who would wait till he got the passport in hand before making any moves.

And he finally concluded by saying "Congratulations"

So here are my doubts:

1) Is there anything to be worried about our K1 petition? Or am I being paranoid with this?

2) Once they issue the visa on the passport. Is there anything that I need to collect from the Embassy apart from the passport?

Wish you all the best!!!

Did you leave your passport in the embassy?if so, then that's it! I think they will just tell you or contact you ( not sure how ) when your visa is ready. afters few days.

If the CO didn't tell you any additional documents needed then YOU MADE IT!!! :) :)

Happy for you!

Oh really?

I just asked Amhara that question. I was not too sure if everything was good.

I guess I shall wait for the call.

Thank you so much for those kind words 'kisseslaarni'. May God help speed up your process as well.

God bless

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

Hi Amhara,

"Congratulations"

So here are my doubts:

1) Is there anything to be worried about our K1 petition? Or am I being paranoid with this?

2) Once they issue the visa on the passport. Is there anything that I need to collect from the Embassy apart from the passport?

Yes, congratulations indeed!!!

Nothing to worry about your K-1, but caution is always the better part of, well, anything! As the CO said, wait until you have the visa in hand. The embassy took his passport a month after his interview (in August), our visa was actually ready to be printed the early part of September, but it wasn't issued until the middle of October! I think our case was an outlier because not all cases go that slow. You guys should be fine, but wait to buy the tickets and all until the visa is issued. But really, congrats!!

When you pick up your visa, the embassy will also give you a "do not open" envelop that probably has a corner cut off. Don't open that, but that's for the border officers to open. You should also have your vaccination records as you will need that for the AOS. Most people on my thread got to keep that, but for some reason, our embassy kept it, but he did get it back (outside of the envelop) when he picked up his visa.

Congrats again! You are nearly there and should be married soon!!! YAYAY!!!!

Signature coming soon...

Yes, congratulations indeed!!!

Nothing to worry about your K-1, but caution is always the better part of, well, anything! As the CO said, wait until you have the visa in hand. The embassy took his passport a month after his interview (in August), our visa was actually ready to be printed the early part of September, but it wasn't issued until the middle of October! I think our case was an outlier because not all cases go that slow. You guys should be fine, but wait to buy the tickets and all until the visa is issued. But really, congrats!!

When you pick up your visa, the embassy will also give you a "do not open" envelop that probably has a corner cut off. Don't open that, but that's for the border officers to open. You should also have your vaccination records as you will need that for the AOS. Most people on my thread got to keep that, but for some reason, our embassy kept it, but he did get it back (outside of the envelop) when he picked up his visa.

Congrats again! You are nearly there and should be married soon!!! YAYAY!!!!

It always helps when you have such an amazing support from a community such as VJ in such matters.

May God bless you in whatever you do.

I shall wait for the visa to be issued and until I get the passport in hand and have decided to do nothing until then.

It pays to be safe.

;)

Thank you so much for your support and help. We are grateful for the time you have taken to help us out and we appreciate it.

We are so excited to move to the next stage of our K-1 journey!

:joy:

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Both

I'm getting panicked and confused with my papers. Until now USEM Kuwait didn't receive my docs to proceed with the next step and I already resigned in my current company. As per the info given my docs will reach the embassy 6-8weeks and it will fall on Dec 22 which my last day

The company will cancel my residency in Kuwait on the 23rd Dec

My concern is, usually how many days will it take to process a visa in US Embassy and give back the passport?

Do you have idea about legalities in Kuwait if once my company cancelled my residency then I can still stay for sometime in Kuwait while waiting for the visa to get issued.

Thank you so much.

Hello Both

I'm getting panicked and confused with my papers. Until now USEM Kuwait didn't receive my docs to proceed with the next step and I already resigned in my current company. As per the info given my docs will reach the embassy 6-8weeks and it will fall on Dec 22 which my last day

The company will cancel my residency in Kuwait on the 23rd Dec

My concern is, usually how many days will it take to process a visa in US Embassy and give back the passport?

Do you have idea about legalities in Kuwait if once my company cancelled my residency then I can still stay for sometime in Kuwait while waiting for the visa to get issued.

Thank you so much.

Hi kisseslaarni,

Since I am new to this process myself, I am not too sure what the exact period of stay is. I believe once you cancel your residency - you will need to hand your passport over for that process.

My colleagues have informed me that once the residency has been cancelled, you will be given a temp residency paper for 2-3 weeks. I think you will need to discuss this with your HR and/or Mandoob to agree on a time period.

I hope things turn out well for you.

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.