Gunner49

K1 Visa - Kuwait - Assistance Required

28 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJ'ers,

I am not quite sure how I should introduce myself but here I go. I've been a long time lurker on Visajourney and found it's a great resource for useful information. I have to say that this is an amazing community which I am happy to be a part of.

Our K1 visa journey started this year and using the guides available on here has helped us prepare well in advance. On 03 Sep 2015, we learned that NVC had forwarded the case over to the Consulate in Kuwait. We have been checking 'ceac.state.gov' every day since then to see if had reached.

On 10 Sep 2015, the status changed from 'In transit' to 'Ready' :) I have attached a snap-shot of it for those that are curious to see what it looks like.

Now this is where things get a bit fuzzy because the Consulate in Kuwait do not entertain phone calls and they only have a call center number (222-04-144) which basically handles the cases. Calling this hot-line only made things worse, as the person on the line told me that I needed to 'email' the folks at American Consulate (Support-Kuwait@ustraveldocs.com).

They were just a call center and asked me to email the consulate directly.

So no help there!

:cry:

But they did collect my details to open up an account on 'ustraveldocs.com' and told me that I could communicate with the Consulate using the 'Feedback Portal' as well. Say what now?!

Now this brings to my questions and I would appreciate if some guidance is provided as I believe this will not only help me but others like me in future ^_^

Question 1) What needs to be done now? As in what should be my next step?

Question 2) What is the best way to contact the Consulate (I am guessing for the K3 packet?)

Question 3) I still need the PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from Kuwait. Apparently I need a 'request letter' from the US Consulate. How do I get about doing this?

Question 4) When should I do the medicals. I have found the necessary information on VJ (http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Kuwait&cty=Kuwait%20City)

Do I need to contact the embassy first?

I appreciate all the help that I can get and please forgive me for any grammatical errors (I've proof read it twice)

Best Regards,

DJ

post-195172-0-92279800-1441979733_thumb.jpg

K-1 Journey: 118 Days (L)

Our AOS Journey: 79 Days (L)

Our ROC Journey: 396 Days (L)
APRIL
4/30/2018 - Documents dispatched to California (I-751) [Day 0]

MAY
5/03/2018 - Package received by USCIS [Day 3]

JUNE
6/04/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 36]
6/09/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 41]

FEBRUARY
2/28/2019 - Previous Biometrics Accepted Letter [Day 304]

MAY
5/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 386]
5/23/2019 - New Card Being Produced [Day 388]
5/31/2019 - 10 Yr Green Card Received [Day 396]

Our Naturalization Journey: 

JULY
7/29/2019 - Documents dispatched [Day 0]

AUGUST
8/26/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 28]

OCTOBER
10/03/2019 - Interview Scheduled [Day 66]

:thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Hello,

We had to wait 6 weeks before we got our packet 3. Thankfully, the embassy let us know that 6-8 weeks was the normal wait time, so we were able to calm down. See if you can email them at kuwaitiv@state.gov as K-1 visas are treated as immigrant visas by the DoS. The email you posted is for non-immigrant visas.

Next, fill out the DS-160 on ceac.gov. When you send them an email, give them both the AA# and your NVC number (maybe starting with KUW??) Give them both the petitioner and beneficiary full names and DOBs, then ask them when you can expect the packet 3, and if they can send you something so you can get the police certificate now. Wait for the medical. The visa will expire from 6 months after the medical (so I'm told) and it's only valid for a year. The closer you get your medical done to your interview, the better chance you have of not needing to get another medical at AOS stage. I suggest to get it 2-3 weeks before your interview.

Make sure you are familiar with their site too: http://kuwait.usembassy.gov/fiancee_to_marry_an_american_citizen2.html

Signature coming soon...

Hi Amhara!

Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate the gesture.

See if you can email them at kuwaitiv@state.gov as K-1 visas are treated as immigrant visas by the DoS. The email you posted is for non-immigrant visas.

This is what confused me when I spoke to the call-center representative as well. Anyway, I shall do what you have suggested and I shall see if they respond positively.

Given the fact that Fri-Sat is off in Kuwait, I do not think they would respond.

But I will send an email with the details regardless.

What is AA# if I may ask?

Is that the USCIS Case Number?

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it.

:)

Regards,
DJ

Edited by CoolStrawberryPie

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

No, the AA# is what you get after you start the DS-160. The link I provided calls it a DS-156, so you may need to fill that out instead or in conjunction. If you start the DS-160 on ceac.gov, then it's not a problem if you don't later need it. It has a section where you select K-1 visa and you input your USCIS SRC number there.

Your AA# will reflect "No Status" until close to your interview date, then if you don't get AP, it will mirror your NVC case number, so I think you will need the DS-160.

It always took Kabul a few days to reply back. However, we have gotten updates on our case on a Friday and Saturday, even though the embassy was closed. That may be because the case was updated from some system action or something.

Signature coming soon...

No, the AA# is what you get after you start the DS-160. The link I provided calls it a DS-156, so you may need to fill that out instead or in conjunction. If you start the DS-160 on ceac.gov, then it's not a problem if you don't later need it. It has a section where you select K-1 visa and you input your USCIS SRC number there.

Your AA# will reflect "No Status" until close to your interview date, then if you don't get AP, it will mirror your NVC case number, so I think you will need the DS-160.

Oh now I get it. I wish there was a guideline in the Kuwait Embassy page explaining the steps 1 by 1.

I guess that would make life quite easy, innit?!

:rolleyes:

Anyway, now I know what needs to be done.

1) First I have to fill in the DS 160 application and get the AA# number from it. (link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)

2) Use that (read: AA#) in the email to the embassy along with the NVC case number and request for an interview date.

3) Receive the interview date along with other instructions (Such as getting the letter for the Kuwait PCC)

4) Proceed to do medicals

5) Go for the interview on the scheduled date

Have I got the steps correct?

Regards,

DJ

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

Oh now I get it. I wish there was a guideline in the Kuwait Embassy page explaining the steps 1 by 1.

I guess that would make life quite easy, innit?!

:rolleyes:

Anyway, now I know what needs to be done.

1) First I have to fill in the DS 160 application and get the AA# number from it. (link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)

2) Use that (read: AA#) in the email to the embassy along with the NVC case number and request for an interview date.

3) Receive the interview date along with other instructions (Such as getting the letter for the Kuwait PCC)

5) Go for the interview on the scheduled date

Have I got the steps correct?

Regards,

DJ

Oops, there is! Here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Kuwait&cty=Kuwait%20City (It's on the tab called "Embassy Info")

It looks like you fill out the DS-160, not the form on the Kuwait embassy site. There was a lot of old information on the Kabul site too.

There is also a MENA forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

It looks like you have the steps right. The Kuwait portal suggests you can get a letter from the embassy before you get packet 3 as well.

Signature coming soon...

Oops, there is! Here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Kuwait&cty=Kuwait%20City (It's on the tab called "Embassy Info")

It looks like you fill out the DS-160, not the form on the Kuwait embassy site. There was a lot of old information on the Kabul site too.

There is also a MENA forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

It looks like you have the steps right. The Kuwait portal suggests you can get a letter from the embassy before you get packet 3 as well.

Thank you so much for the responses Amhara!

You have been outstanding and I was busy filling out the DS-160 Form and just finished it now.

Boy oh boy do they ask so many 'silly' questions!!

:P

I have received a confirmation after filling up the DS 160 application and I will try my luck with that because it has a load of stuff written in Arabic! :huh:

I'm going to guess that it means 'OK-please-issue-this-chap-a-PCC' in Arabic - and I hope the Kuwaiti Cops issues me a PCC.

In any case, I am going to write that email which you have suggested along with the necessary details.

I will also include the 'request letter' for the Kuwait PCC as well.

Thanks Amhara! I feel a lot more relaxed knowing what to do.

:yes:

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

I have received a confirmation after filling up the DS 160 application and I will try my luck with that because it has a load of stuff written in Arabic! :huh:

I'm going to guess that it means 'OK-please-issue-this-chap-a-PCC' in Arabic - and I hope the Kuwaiti Cops issues me a PCC.

LOL! Too funny!

Glad I could help!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

hello guys! We are one of the June filers for K-1 visa. We are now waiting for the packet 3 to arrived in US consulate here in KWT.

We got our case# from NVC as it was created last Aug 25,when I checked the status it was updated last Sept 10, I got to know from my friend who processed their papers also to wait until the embassy get in touch with you via email to as they will inform you that they already have you packet 3 and you're scheduled for such and such....

If my understanding is correct from the conversation, I have to fill out the DS-160 and after send email to us consulate to ask if our papers are already arrived,shall I make it now or wait for sometime as 6-8 weeks is the maximum waiting time?

Please advise..

Thank you guys :)

If my understanding is correct from the conversation, I have to fill out the DS-160 and after send email to us consulate to ask if our papers are already arrived,shall I make it now or wait for sometime as 6-8 weeks is the maximum waiting time?

Please advise..

You can do either way. I would suggest that when you fill out the DS-160, email the embassy and give them your NVC case number and AA# so they can match them. Our packet 3 instructions told us to fill out the DS-160, so waiting doesn't matter. You can start the form, and you will have 30 days to complete it, so you can answer the easy questions and if you need to look something up, you can return back to it. You just need to submit it 30 days from when you start it.

Our AA# on ceac.gov showed "No Status" until July 2nd and my fiance's interview was July 7th. You see they probably don't need it so far in advance, but you don't want to wait last minute either. I think they start the background checks at that time.

Signature coming soon...

hello guys! We are one of the June filers for K-1 visa. We are now waiting for the packet 3 to arrived in US consulate here in KWT.

We got our case# from NVC as it was created last Aug 25,when I checked the status it was updated last Sept 10, I got to know from my friend who processed their papers also to wait until the embassy get in touch with you via email to as they will inform you that they already have you packet 3 and you're scheduled for such and such....

Please advise..

Hi Kisseslaarni,

Amhara is correct. Just follow the steps which I did because I received the Packet 3 email from the American Embassy in Kuwait by doing just these steps.

1) First, Fill in the DS 160 application and get the AA# number from it. (link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)

Email ID: kuwaitIV@state.gov

3) Receive the interview date along with other instructions (Such as getting the letter for the Kuwait PCC, Medicals)

5) Go for the interview on the scheduled date along with the documents required.

Like I said in the start of my thread, I wish to show how this process is to be carried out in Kuwait as each consulate is specific with its procedures. This way it will be a great help to the others who are in need of help down the road.

- According to Amhara suggestions, I proceeded to fill out my DS 160 form (use the link I've provided above) and I got my AA# case number for my DS 160 form.

- I completed the form on 11 September 2015 and I had emailed the American Embassy (email address provided above) with all the details that was required.

- My subject header was "K1 Visa Applicant - Packet 3 Request"

- You must include all the details such as:

(I) DS 160 (AA#) number

(II) NVC Case number# ( For Kuwait, it would start with KWT__________)

(III) Beneficiary Name & DOB

(IV) Petitioner Name & DOB

- I received a response from American Embassy, Kuwait on the 13 September 2015 with the date of my interview (2 Nov 2015).

I guess there isn't a Packet 4 out here and in this email, all the relevant details were provided.

- The email stated what documents I needed to bring along for the interview and yes, DS 160 or DS 260 completed application is needed as well.

- My suggestion is to go for DS 160 instead of DS 260 as it's way simpler and straightforward.

- The email did not state when I needed to do my medicals, but I will suggest going with Amhara's recommendation, which is to do it just 2-3 weeks prior to your interview, so I have scheduled it for the second week of October.

- In order to get your Kuwait PCC, you need to do the following (this is a copy-paste from my Packet 3 email)

KUWAIT POLICE CERTIFICATE: In order to obtain a Police Clearance from the Kuwaiti government, you will need to pick up a clearance request letter at the U.S. Embassy, Window #2, Sunday through Thursday, from 1 p.m. till 3 p.m. You will need a copy of your Case Notification from NVC or KCC (Diversity Visas) in order to pick up the letter. Please note that the Kuwaiti government will not issue police certificates without the Embassy letter.

- Medicals:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION: You must select a panel physician, approved by the U.S. Embassy, for a medical examination as soon as you receive your appointment letter. We encourage you to do your medical exam, as soon as possible, in order to have the results ready the date of your appointment; this will avoid delays in the process of your visa. The medical examination can be completed at one of the following two clinics in Kuwait and is required for each beneficiary, regardless of age:

Dr. Riyad Saud Al Nafisi

Medical Consultation Center

Maidan Hawalli, Opposite 4th Ring Road

Abdullah Al Fadalah St.

Tel: 2565-1544 or 2565-1455

Dr. Sulaiman F. Al-Ali

Commercial Medical Centre

Al-Jabriya Block 3A, St. # 104

Bldg. # 9, 2nd floor, clinic 6

Tel: 2533-8266 / 2533- 8277

Processing will take approximately one to two weeks. An authorized employee of the American Embassy will collect all medical reports. It is not necessary to call the Embassy to check on the arrival of your medical report. Your interview will be conducted even if the medical report has been not received.

- I went with Dr. Riyad and the total amount of this would be 38KWD.

- For the medicals, you need to bring the following documents as well:

a) Original Passport (Copy as well - just in case)

b) Civil ID (Copy as well - just in case)

c) 4 passport size photographs (Blue or white background)

d) NOA 2 form

e) Adresss in USA and in Kuwait

f) Packet 3

I hope all the information required has been provided for one to carry out the last stage of their K1 Application in Kuwait.

In the meantime, make sure your Petitioner gathers the other information and sends it to you which you need for the interview.

Such as the I-129F package, Updated letter of intent (Petitioner side), I-134 Affidavit of Support form w/ proof (Evidence of Support).

All the best for your K1 journey and may God bless you.

Regards,

DJ

P.S.: Please excuse any grammatical errors or typos as this was composed on my iPad.

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

You can do either way. I would suggest that when you fill out the DS-160, email the embassy and give them your NVC case number and AA# so they can match them.

Thank you so much for your help Amhara as without it, I'm sure I would have remained clueless.

May God bless you kind heart and this community is proud to have outstanding members such as yourself.

I'm glad that I'm a part of it.

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

FEBRUARY

MAY

JULY

AUGUST

OCTOBER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Thank you to the both of you Amhara and coolstrawberrypie :) really a BIG BIG BIG HELP! I'M so happy that I found you both in this forum :) May God Bless our journey :) thank you so much again.

- My suggestion is to go for DS 160 instead of DS 260 as it's way simpler and straightforward.

Just as a minor correction here:

The DS-260 is for spousal visas and the DS-160 is for fiance visas. The DoS sees K-1's a non-immigrant, but with immigrant intent. I'm sure you've noticed the double usage of Immgrant when referring to the K-1 at the USEM level, but at the end, they are essentially NIV.

Thank you so much for your help Amhara as without it, I'm sure I would have remained clueless.

May God bless you kind heart and this community is proud to have outstanding members such as yourself.

I'm glad that I'm a part of it.

Aww, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to the both of you Amhara and coolstrawberrypie :) really a BIG BIG BIG HELP! I'M so happy that I found you both in this forum :) May God Bless our journey :) thank you so much again.

Golly. Shucks! You are so very welcome!!

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.