brett40000

Visa approved and now 221-g'd again..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our i-129F was finally approved after 15 months by the Bangkok embassy on Sept. 1st. They requested a copy of our DS-160 I guess they lost thiers and that the visa would be sent. Now on Sept 9th I get a lettter that they want the irs to certify my 2014 taxes? They told me I was approved and now they are slapping another 221-g on our petition. Is this even legal? I'm stunned!! Where do i go from here?

They can do anything they want to make sure you have everything in order.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry about your frustrations, but you are almost done with this process and will get easier.

I'm not sure what your timeline and what the last year of your tax returns were, but I would think that during your application process, they didn't receive 2014's copies. All they want to know is that you did file your 2014 tax return and that possibly you don't owe the other government agency "the IRS"

Hang in there and I can understand your current state of mind.

Good Luck!

Timeline

No brother I sent them the entire return with deductions and 1099's. I am an independent insurance agent and some of my 1099's came in handwritten. They accused me of hand writing them myself. The whole thing is absurd since my income was over the necessary level and I paid the taxes on the income. Now they are wanting a transcript from the IRS on my 2014 returns. The thing I can't understand is they had that stuff the whole time. I also sent in my 2013 return which had 1099's handwritten also. This is standard procedure when you have 4 to 5000 dollars given from x insurance company and y and z etc etc. They asked for this return on my first 221-g and had it for 6 weeks then approved our visa. 9 days later they pulled the approval. This is how you introduce new immigrants my fiancee to America... Oh sorry, we're a bunch of liars here in America. We love to screw you around and approve you and then play with your emotions by pulling it back. Very unprofessional imo.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

There's been a few threads like this lately on here. Unfortunately the SCOTUS gave them carte Blanche to lie without consequences. It's often used as a tactic if suspicious about something or possibly intending to deny. Hopefully this won't be the case.

Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline

I find it very disheartening that someone in Bangkok who isn't even an American citizen is making decisions on me without ever seeing me talking to me, or anything. I find it disheartening that some Syrian refugees will just walk right into America and here I have been waiting 16 months now just to marry the woman I love. I've done everything by the book, and it's been one delay after another request for more information over and over and over. They have no basis to deny. I think it's more basis to get people to quit. And this type of unprofessional conduct borders on mental abuse to approve someone and then pull the approval. It's mental duress pure and simple. I'll give them their damn irs transcript and then wait for some more bull **** from them. Sorry, but after 16 months it's getting really really old. In this time frame 2 k-1 visas could have been done.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No brother I sent them the entire return with deductions and 1099's. I am an independent insurance agent and some of my 1099's came in handwritten. They accused me of hand writing them myself. The whole thing is absurd since my income was over the necessary level and I paid the taxes on the income. Now they are wanting a transcript from the IRS on my 2014 returns. The thing I can't understand is they had that stuff the whole time. I also sent in my 2013 return which had 1099's handwritten also. This is standard procedure when you have 4 to 5000 dollars given from x insurance company and y and z etc etc. They asked for this return on my first 221-g and had it for 6 weeks then approved our visa. 9 days later they pulled the approval. This is how you introduce new immigrants my fiancee to America... Oh sorry, we're a bunch of liars here in America. We love to screw you around and approve you and then play with your emotions by pulling it back. Very unprofessional imo.

I know the frustration you are experiencing and the lack of professionalism you have to endure. I too had many sleepless nights and finally involved my local congressman for help, as they had an immigration person working with them. You may consider this route too. Good Luck.

Timeline

Been there have done that too. LOL. No luck and my Congressman's office doesn't seem to have much if any pull. Mine is a tea partying Texan who would rather have nobody immigrating to America. I'm just going to roll with the flow here and get them what they want. They're going to run out of excuses before i run out of love for my fiancee.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I find it very disheartening that someone in Bangkok who isn't even an American citizen is making decisions on me without ever seeing me talking to me, or anything. I find it disheartening that some Syrian refugees will just walk right into America and here I have been waiting 16 months now just to marry the woman I love. I've done everything by the book, and it's been one delay after another request for more information over and over and over. They have no basis to deny. I think it's more basis to get people to quit. And this type of unprofessional conduct borders on mental abuse to approve someone and then pull the approval. It's mental duress pure and simple. I'll give them their damn irs transcript and then wait for some more bull **** from them. Sorry, but after 16 months it's getting really really old. In this time frame 2 k-1 visas could have been done.

I feel for you but no refugees from anywhere are "walking right into America"..

Any updates on this whole thing though?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.