Pythos1

Ok, maybe I did meet her through an International Marriage Broker?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, reading through the Sticky above, and an old thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/51714-international-marriage-broker/I think Filipino Kisses might be considered an International Marriage Broker. Here's some information on it:

The International Filipino Dating WebsiteEvery year, thousands of people from all over the world find love on Filipinokisses.com. Filipino Kisses has been helping match filipina girls to both filipino guys and international guys since it's inaugural launch in 2006, and now serves hundreds of thousands of singles from various countries.
Welcome to Filipino Kisses,

By accepting this agreement you aren't obliged to any payments to Filipino Kisses.

This service is for adults to meet each other online, operations are owned and maintained by Filipino Kisses. By using the Filipino Kisses web site (the "Web site"), you agree to the obligation set in these Terms of Use (this "Agreement"), whether or not you register as a member ("Member").
If you wish to become a Member to communicate with other Members, and using the Filipino Kisses service (the "Service"), read the Terms of Use then indicate your acceptance of these Terms, by following the instructions in the Registration process.

This Agreement sets out the legally binding terms, in your use of the Web site and your membership in the Service. these Terms may be modified by Filipino Kisses periodically, such modifications will be effective, upon posting by Filipino Kisses on the Web site.

So, is it considered a marriage broker? And if so, what do I need to do to clear that hurdle?

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it does not charge a fee to hook up Americans only, then not an IMB. See this older post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/288075-i-129f-question-international-marriage-broker/?p=4368270

You can contact the site and ask them to provide info on their TOS to prove to US immigration that they are not an IMB. They may provide you with something you can print out and include with your petition to show it is not an IMB. See other posts in the IMBRA forum about this topic.

~Moved from K-1 Process to IMBRA Special Topics ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Ok, thanks. I was a bit concerned. That clarified it better than the older one I linked. I didn't want to have to figure ways to jump through even more hoops.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Timeline

you just need an email from the website stating that they are not an International Marriage Broker and as long as you didn't pay anything you don't have to worry.

And forward the email response to USCIS. :) we had the same issue before. Goodluck!

Edited by mavericm1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, reading through the Sticky above, and an old thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/51714-international-marriage-broker/I think Filipino Kisses might be considered an International Marriage Broker. Here's some information on it:

So, is it considered a marriage broker? And if so, what do I need to do to clear that hurdle?

They are not a marriage broker, http://www.filipinokisses.com/agb.php http://www.filipinokisses.com/impressum.php?l=en&randm=2&randw=3

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.