Omeka

N-400 September 2015 filers

793 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anybody know who put us in line to interview (NBC or our local office)? And when our file is transferred from NBC to our local office ( after biometrics, after in line or after interview is scheduled)?

Thank you.

Edited by She_him

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Does anybody know who put us in line to interview (NBC or our local office)? And when our file is transferred from NBC to our local office ( after biometrics, after in line or after interview is scheduled)?

Thank you.

NBC puts you Inline and send your file to your local field office after an interview is scheduled!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks, KASH! :)

NBC puts you Inline and send your file to your local field office after an interview is scheduled!

09minifadinhasmagia.gif

BRAZIL.gif666.gif0eb97d93.gif

No such luck for me I'm afraid. Called the processing center and the guy politely said to wait since I'm still within the 5 month time frame for that office. I guess I ended up in the "fu#! This guy pile".

It's just not a very helpful system. You put in your time and follow the rules but that doesn't seem to matter. If they want to mess up your life they waste no time in expediting that. But if it is something that benefits people then yeah...let's sleep on that one till it's kinda really late. The guy on the phone didn't have anything new to add other than what the website says. Why pay someone to read a script and not provide useful information when you can have them work on the caseload and speed things up? Sorry for the rant. After almost a decade of anxiety these things just pile up in my head.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

40 days of being in line for interview...no online update of status, no interview letter. Only took 5 days from when I had biometrics to be being placed in line. I'm sure others have are in similar situations here. Just finding it odd and trying to not be frustrated. :(

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes before the letter arrives?

I just checked my case status and it has changed from inline to

my_logo.png
Interview Was Scheduled

On November 20, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC**********. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am thinking maybe in 5 days?

If you educate a man, you liberate a man.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes before the letter arrives?

I just checked my case status and it has changed from inline to

my_logo.png
Interview Was Scheduled

On November 20, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC**********. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am thinking maybe in 5 days?

With the Thanksgiving holiday in the way, you might get it between 11/28 to 12/01! Let us know when it shows up. Good luck to you!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

With the Thanksgiving holiday in the way, you might get it between 11/28 to 12/01! Let us know when it shows up. Good luck to you!

I appreciate you KASH2011. I almost forgot about the thanksgiving holiday. I'll be on the look out and will surely post when I do receive the letter. Happy Thanksgiving VJers.

If you educate a man, you liberate a man.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Meh. I've been waiting since October 19th. This waiting is horrible. It's exactly why I decided to get my citizenship instead of simply continuing to be a resident - so I can be done dealing with USCIS for the rest of my life after this... lol....

Edited by LiveStrange

does anyone know, if there is a period after which we can call the govt to inquire about the unchanged status ?

Almost_umrican - I took a look at your timeline. There is no need to worry. You are progressing normally. You were placed in line for an interview 30 days before your 3-year anniversary date, which is standard. FYI, USCIS cannot schedule your interview before you hit/pass the 3yr or 5yr anniversary of your GC date. I expect you will be scheduled shortly after Nov. 28. I was in line for 44 days before my interview was scheduled and it was scheduled about 13 days after my GC anniversary date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.