dwheels76

October 2015 Interviews

1,716 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I thought so too .they only just got started with October .last week I spoke to a rep who told me they will be scheduling October appointments by mid & end September .

:angry: I swear Some of these reps don't know what theyre talking about .

Filed: IR-5 Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thank you so much for your help! You made me feel a little better regarding South Africa's embassy. I haven't seen my parents in 8 years I just hope to be able to spend Christmas with them. I am also planning my wedding so I hope my mom will be able to be there so she can experience the whole planning process she's already missed my dress fitting.

Each embassy have slots for the kind of Visa category they will conduct that month. Lets say I am Supervisor #5 and I have South Africa's October schedule. It will show like 3 on this date category IR1/CR1, 2 on that date F2A and so forth and they start assigning cases to the dates. They stop when they either run out of cases or run out of slots.

So its not a country by country. You see some countries getting announced before others because maybe the embassy sent in schedule sooner. Or there weren't as many to do or that scheduler was faster.

I know Pakistan and India are usually the last and usually do 2 rounds one at 1st to 2nd week like now and end of month.

Many embassy that don;t have alot of visa interviews you just get scheduled in what is available.

A place like my embassy Lagos does on average 300 to 400 Visitor Visa, Student Visa, Business Visa interviews per day. They normally take no more than 3 CR1/IR1 Mon-Thur. K1's about the same.

Hope that helps a little to understand. (but South Africa is usually not a long wait for any category) not a real busy embassy. :goofy:

I-130 application mailed: 05.01.15

NOA1 received: 05.04.15

NOA2 approved: 06.03.15

NVC received petition: 06.08.15

Received case # and invoice #: 07.08.15

AOS fee & IV fee paid: 07.14.15

Application & all docs submitted to NVC: 08.25.15

Scan date: 08.26.15

CC: 09.16.15 (3 N/A's online; also confirmed with NVC)

I thought so too .they only just got started with October .last week I spoke to a rep who told me they will be scheduling October appointments by mid & end September .

:angry: I swear Some of these reps don't know what theyre talking about .

Now I'm really confused! This is all so frustrating. How do we know which reps know what they're talking about and which don't? And why is there no mechanism to be able to tell where in the queue you are for interview dates at your embassy/consulate? It seems NVC could easily be able to track that. At least then you'd know where you stood in line....

Timeline

My cc was completed 07/16 still waiting on an appointment and there not enough data for me to even guess when DAKAR will send appointment slots .There are about 6 countries that do interviews in Dakar and I have yet to see one poste anything about an interview .this is just frustrating :ranting::ranting:

Timeline

Do you have the link please?

Cool.

Btw, there's another subforum dedicated to IR5 petitioners you may also find useful. Of course anyone is welcome to browse here as well. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Please update me

INDIA - Mumbai

CC - July 20, 2015

Interview date - October 5

no expedite

Is it ir1 or any other category....

Any one from.Mumbai got scheduled for interview is here... Please let us know

Edited by aps.rishi

Timeline

Now I'm really confused! This is all so frustrating. How do we know which reps know what they're talking about and which don't? And why is there no mechanism to be able to tell where in the queue you are for interview dates at your embassy/consulate? It seems NVC could easily be able to track that. At least then you'd know where you stood in line....

OOH NOO that would make to much sense lol. I completely agree with you by the way but it seems like everything is done to keep us in the dark :ranting:

Edited by mamoye

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Am I the only one that's waiting for interview to be set in Armenia? Because this wait time is killing me I need to fibd out whats wrong with this embassy

Timeline

My cc was completed 07/16 still waiting on an appointment and there not enough data for me to even guess when DAKAR will send appointment slots .There are about 6 countries that do interviews in Dakar and I have yet to see one poste anything about an interview .this is just frustrating :ranting::ranting:

Oh wow, now that you say that i wonder how many other countries do interviews in South Africa. I hope not a lot

Timeline

Dwheels please update... My interview date is Oct 8 cc is Aug 17. Cr1 category

I just called nvc to try my luck and I am

Praise the Lord... Thanks everyone for your prayers

Timeline

Please update me

INDIA - Mumbai

CC - July 20, 2015

Interview date - October 5

no expedite

This is good news.. 52 days after case complete, interview is set. Congrats

Awesome, congrats, God is good

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Timeline

This is good news.. 52 days after case complete, interview is set. Congrats

Awesome, congrats, God is good

Thank you so much... God is great

Timeline

Congratulations. Can you please complete your timeline? Are you Delhi or Mumbai?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.