dwheels76

October 2015 Interviews

1,716 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you SiVin, ikeNme and Bunny&Ninja for such quick reply. So if my wife has to do an amendment of her taxes by changing status to MFS, then how to solve the problem of providing my SSN on that form ? Since I havent entered USA yet, what should she specify in the box where they ask for my SSN (as I dont have one yet) ?

Or would it be appropriate to do amendment after I enter USA, so she will then have my SSN to enter on amendment form ?

Its very simple, you can put NRA on the SSN of Spouse field. Remember MFS with NRA cannot be filled online, so u have to visit IRS office to file the documents. I prefer to do it now, as this will also be a bonafide of relationship. But choice is yours.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife and kids CC complete in July 7 and the U.S. Embassy in HCMC, Viet Nam, has accepted my expedition request on Sept. 2. On Sept. 3 they received the E-files from NVC.

I asked for the status and was informed that it takes 4 - 6 weeks for information updated and 3 - 4 months for my wife and kids' interview scheduled.

There is anyone with my situation? I want to know how long my wife & kids have the interview date? Anyone here in Ho Chi Minh Viet Nam? This feeling is killing me!

Please be praying for us all!

Timeline

I can't understand ur question

Give me call

Mfs can be done by applying nra

Bunny&Ninja,

Have you got your IL? I dont remember to see ur post saying u received it. So whats the status of your interview preparation ?

USCIS
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife and kids CC complete in July 7 and the U.S. Embassy in HCMC, Viet Nam, has accepted my expedition request on Sept. 2. On Sept. 3 they received the E-files from NVC.

I asked for the status and was informed that it takes 4 - 6 weeks for information updated and 3 - 4 months for my wife and kids' interview scheduled.

There is anyone with my situation? I want to know how long my wife & kids have the interview date? Anyone here in Ho Chi Minh Viet Nam? This feeling is killing me!

Please be praying for us all!

I think you will wait longer. Bcos my case was completed on 27-Apr but until now I haven't received any information about interview date yet. I tried to call NVC everyday and they till reply that they are waiting schedule from Hochiminh embassy. No choice!!! we have to wait until they set up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Bunny&Ninja,

Have you got your IL? I dont remember to see ur post saying u received it. So whats the status of your interview preparation ?

Yea we are READY at Ceac Site. My update is done at my timeline as i didnt want to clutter the thread

Medical done | OFC appoinment waiting

How does everyone see all this information on their case status but when I check all I see is " at nvc"

Sent to DOS: January 16th 2015

Notice of approval: March 5th 2015

Case complete: august 25th 2015

Interview scheduled: 16th October

Medical booked: 30th September 11:30am

Interview: visa approved 16/10/15

Package recieved:

POE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

How does everyone see all this information on their case status but when I check all I see is " at nvc"

well that means your case is at NVC. All of us were in same stage. Once you get ur Interview date and once ur packet is shipped from NVC to consulate it shows in transit and when consulate receives it then it will show ready

Edited by Bunny&Ninja

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Amazing as I try and clean up and update the spreadsheet the same countries over and over just have been ignored since May and June.

Jordan, Algeria, Sudan Egypt, Ethiopia Armenia, Algeria

Cambodia Vietnam, India, Ghana, Nigeria, Mexico

Since July it has been a little here and there. Trying to make sure he folks on list have accounts still or I am deleting. Many on list aren't around or probably changed their name. So alot of deletions

But notice the first group. Like WOW. I have herd that the refuge crisis has forced cases around and Algeria is now taking on cases fro a closed Yemen, Sudan.

And Jordan and Egypt have been taking on these cases from Yemen and Sudan but now cases are being transferred.

U.S embassy in Sudan opened on July, and all Sudanese cases got transferred from egypt to sudan. my wife cc April 22 and got transferred from Egypt to Sudan on May. but still no interview date, and NVC saying waiting for slot to open :( :( .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

#Cairoembassy

I don't want to be pessimistic or talk out of depression but, with that abnormal CR/IR interview scheduling rate: 4 months+ wait from CC till interview (still no interview scheduled yet). June CC should be the last to be scheduled for interviews in 2015.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Case "Qualified"?

Has anyone heard that before? I just called the NVC to inquire about the second case complete email I got yesterday (since I got my original in May), and to find out if I have an interview. No interview, but the NVC rep said my case has been "qualified and completed" on September 1st, even though it was completed on May 12. When I asked what that means and if it's a new step, she mentioned it meant that all my papers and documents were reviewed for completeness and all is ok, and that I just need to wait for an interview.

Very kind lady on the phone, so that was nice.

Anyone heard of this before? Is the NVC reviewing cases for completion well after the case complete date? Are they doing that to ensure all is still valid?

:huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

#Cairoembassy

I don't want to be pessimistic or talk out of depression but, with that abnormal CR/IR interview scheduling rate: 4 months+ wait from CC till interview (still no interview scheduled yet). June CC should be the last to be scheduled for interviews in 2015.

MMay be u r true but also may be they are backlogged now and once they sent the Sudanese to their Sudan embassy things will b going faster.

CC May 12

Timeline

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! FINALLY OCT 8TH AT CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO!!!!!

Woohoo congratulations!! :)

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Timeline

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! FINALLY OCT 8TH AT CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO!!!!!

Good news... Congrats for all Mexicans who got Interview dates.. Enjoy

USCIS
NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.