SweetJuls

September 2015 Filers

2,507 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

I was reading over my P4 (I'm going through Montreal) and it says its required to bring and previous passports... but what if I don't have them, am I totally screwed?

SoontobeMrsMD, on 19 Nov 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hey guys I have a q. I'm getting the I-134 ready but I'm just starting a new job since I've been home with our baby up until now. How many months pay stubs should I send when the time comes? And will it be a problem that I haven't been working up until now. My salary is well over the range but I just want to make sure I gave my bases covered.

All you need to provide is 1or 2 months worth of pay stubs. They will except either. The letter from the employer holds a lot of weight but be sure it is on their letterhead.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Sunny0125, on 20 Nov 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Hey guys! I recieved an emailed packet 3, and in the instructions it says to fill out the DS-160 Online Immigrant Visa Application. I'm confused because I only come across the NON-Immigrant DS-160. On the U.S. Department of State's page when I click Paris, France as country where we are filing it automatically opens up a NON-Immigrant application as well. So should I worry? Is there even an "Immigrant" DS-160....? On the DS-160 confirmation page he completed it does show that it's for a K-1 visa.

Herein lies the problem and confusion. They treat the K-1 as a non-immigrant visa but some steps are covered when it's required to select immigrant. Strange as it may seem, that's what they do. Go figure. When in doubt use non-immigrant and if that doesn't work then use immigrant.

You do have to complete the DS-160 for the interview. Be sure to safe a copy to your computer and email you and your other half a copy. Remember, only the beneficiary of the DS-160 can hit the submit button by law. So save it, copy the receipt number and send it to your other half and they can open it on their end and hit the submit button. But remember, only have to submit can you save a copy of the screen receipt and send the email.

Chuck and Rosana, on 20 Nov 2015 - 2:26 PM, said:

Glory be to God!!!! Just got off the phone with NVC. They said my case FINALLY finished processing today and should be sent out to Manila in the next few days. What a huge relief that was to hear. I'll be even more excited when I finally see our status change to in transit!! :D

Congrats!! :joy::joy::joy:

Did they call you or did you call them?

BWise, on 20 Nov 2015 - 3:58 PM, said:

Hello!

I was reading over my P4 (I'm going through Montreal) and it says its required to bring and previous passports... but what if I don't have them, am I totally screwed?

No your not. Just explain to them what has happened to them. Your still good to go.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Herein lies the problem and confusion. They treat the K-1 as a non-immigrant visa but some steps are covered when it's required to select immigrant. Strange as it may seem, that's what they do. Go figure. When in doubt use non-immigrant and if that doesn't work then use immigrant.

You do have to complete the DS-160 for the interview. Be sure to safe a copy to your computer and email you and your other half a copy. Remember, only the beneficiary of the DS-160 can hit the submit button by law. So save it, copy the receipt number and send it to your other half and they can open it on their end and hit the submit button. But remember, only have to submit can you save a copy of the screen receipt and send the email.

Congrats!! :joy::joy::joy:

Did they call you or did you call them?

No your not. Just explain to them what has happened to them. Your still good to go.

I called them.

Visa Journey K1 Visa (I'm the petitioner)

I-129f sent 9/15/2015

I-129f received 9/18/2015

E-Notification NOA1 9/22/15

Hard copy NOA1 9/28/15

E-Notification NOA2: 10/20/15

Hard Copy NOA2: 10/24/15

NVC Received: 11/4/15

MNL# Received: 11/5/15

Left NVC: 11/24/15

Embassy received: 11/27/15

Medical Appt: 12/2-3/15 (Medical complete and packet in hand 12/3/15)

Interview: 12/23/15

Interview Result: APPROVED!

VOH: 1/8/16

POE: 1/19/16 Dallas, TX.

Married: 2/19/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC status changed to "in Transit" :joy:

Timeline:

Spoiler

K1 Visa Journey
09/21/15 I-129F Sent
09/23/15 I-129F Received
09/28/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA1
10/03/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA1 - P1
10/27/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA2
10/31/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA2 - P2
11/16/15 NVC received papers
11/18/15 NVC assigned case number
11/20/15 NVC status changed to "In Transit"
12/14/15 NVC status changed to "Ready" case at Guangzhou embassy in China
12/29/15 NVC status changed to "Administrative Processing"
1/1/16 Received P3
1/1/16 Sent back required P3 documents
1/27/16 Received P4
2/16/16 Scheduled Medical
2/22/16 Scheduled Interview - Approved!!!
2/23/16 NVC status changed to "Issued"
3/1/16 Passport with visa received in mail
4/20/16 Arrival at USA! :)

AOS:
5/28/16 Filed I-131, I-485, I-765 at Chicago lockbox
5/31/16 Date on I-131, I-485, I-765
6/14/16 NOA-1 I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - no E-confirmation was received :(
6/28/16 Biometrics letter received
7/06/16 Biometrics appointment
7/26/16 All 3 receipt numbers finally show up at USCIS online case status check
8/17/16 EAD status changed to card is being produced, AP status changed to RFE
8/17/16 same day later in the evening both EAD status and AP status changed to Approved
8/19/16 EAD status changed - card was mailed
8/23/16 EAD/AP card delivered :dancing:

9/06/16 AOS approval in the mail received

9/10/16 Green Card received :)

ROC:

6/02/18 Filed I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you everyone!!!! Thank you so much!! :D

So, it was pretty fast...I gotta say: Naples people are so warm and so Consulate officers there.

The lady asked me only three questions: - how did you meet? - how old is he? - what does he do?

It was completely in italian, they didn't even ask me what language I prefered. They were all smiling all the day.

I had a F1 visa denied last June, I thought it would have been a problem, but they didn't even ask me about it.

The officer told me that my case was super easy (I lived one year in America), and I was approved! Visa should arrive in 5 days :D

So happy to hear the good news! Congrats!!!

**I am the petitioner**

K-1 Visa Timeline :clock:

I-129F mailed: Aug 28, 2015

Application delivered: Aug 29, 2015

NOA1: Sept 2, 2015

NOA2: Oct 1, 2015

Case Ready @ Embassy: Oct 27, 2015

CanCal2016, on 19 Nov 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:CanCal2016, on 19 Nov 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:CanCal2016, on 19 Nov 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:

Hey all,

Looking for a little insight. I'm clearly missing something... or else I'm just being impatient.

I've received the NVC case number, beneficiary ID#, and my invoice ID#... So how can I tell if the embassy in Vancouver has received it? Also, what's the average amount of time between the NVC sending it and Vancouver receiving it?

I've also completed the DS-160 (haven't paid the fees... not sure how?). Also was not sure what number they required on that form? So I put the NVC number I received, not the USCIS number.

I'm a little lost guys, and feeling a little defeated right now.

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Congratulations to everyone who is moving along nicely! :joy::goofy:

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should move over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy Canada.

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through Canada. VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdfas this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the

Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Good luck and God's speed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should move over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy Canada.

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through Canada. VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdfas this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the

Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Good luck and God's speed.

Thanks Greenbaum for your help, I'll be sure to travel over to that forum!

October 2007 - Met in school

December 14/2007 - Started dating

~ 2 to 4 visits a year between Canada & USA ~

Sept 10/2015 - Engaged! (FINALLY!) :wub:

K1 Fiancee Visa Journey!

Sept 15/2015 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS Lewisville, TX Lockbox via FedEx from California

Sept 17/2015 - FedEx confirmed delivery at Lockbox/ USCIS confirms receipt via website

Sept 22/2015 - NOA1: USCIS Email stating receipt of I-129F package

Oct 22/2015 - NOA2: Confirmation via Case Tracker APP

Oct 26/2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy in the mail!

Nov 25/2015 - Package 3 in the mail

Nov 27/2015 - Package 3 emailed to Vancouver Consulate

Lost the dates... but Package 4 came and went.

No issues!

Feb 26/2016 - Medical @ Dr. Cheema's office in Vancouver

Mar 1/2016 - K1 Interview @ Vancouver Consular Generals Office - Approved!

Mar 28/2016 - POE!

May 28/2016 - Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi guys!

I decided not to worry about chasing up my case at NVC as I am heading to the states in a few days for 3 weeks to spend Thanksgiving with my fiance and his family. I figured that based on the average timetable, I would probably have the packet 3 waiting for me when I get home. Tracking my case while it was at CSC was stressful enough so I just wanted to let this next step play out.

Well, my fiance got mail from NVC yesterday with my case number, saying it had been forwarded to the consulate. So of course, curiosity got the better of me and I checked CEAC to see where it was... status: Ready!

Wooo! :joy: When I got home from work there was the packet 3 waiting for me, yay for being ahead of schedule! Double wooo! :joy::joy:

I've just completed the DS-160 and I'm going to book my medical tomorrow and send in the police check clearance so they can start processing it while I'm away.

(L) Tezy

I am the beneficiary :wub:

Our K1 visa journey:

17Sep15: I-129f petition sent via courier to Lewisville, TX

21Sep15: petition received

23Sep15: eNOA1

29Sep15: NOA1 hard copy received, onward to CSC!

23Oct15: eNOA2!!!!! Petition approved!!!!! No RFE, so happy!!!!!

09Nov14: NVC received

13Nov15: Case number assigned

19Nov15: Consulate received

21Nov15: Packet 3 received!!!!!

Fast forward past the couple of months of doubt (his) / confusion (mine) about whether I should be giving up my career for him and maybe he should be trying for residency in NZ instead... :cry:

07Mar16: Packet 3 sent with request for extension of petition

09Mar16: Medical

11Mar16: Interview letter received

31Mar16: Interview APPROVED

28Apr16: POE LAX - America here I come!!!!!

18Jun16: MARRIED!!!!! (L)

Timeline

NVC status changed to "in Transit" :joy:

Congrats!!!

So happy to hear the good news! Congrats!!!

Thank youuuuu <3 :D

Hi guys!

I decided not to worry about chasing up my case at NVC as I am heading to the states in a few days for 3 weeks to spend Thanksgiving with my fiance and his family. I figured that based on the average timetable, I would probably have the packet 3 waiting for me when I get home. Tracking my case while it was at CSC was stressful enough so I just wanted to let this next step play out.

Well, my fiance got mail from NVC yesterday with my case number, saying it had been forwarded to the consulate. So of course, curiosity got the better of me and I checked CEAC to see where it was... status: Ready!

Wooo! :joy: When I got home from work there was the packet 3 waiting for me, yay for being ahead of schedule! Double wooo! :joy::joy:

I've just completed the DS-160 and I'm going to book my medical tomorrow and send in the police check clearance so they can start processing it while I'm away.

(L) Tezy

So happy to hear such great news.

I am so optimistic for all of us! <3 Have a great staying in the States, and once you'll be back you'll be one step closer to the end of this first part of the journey! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We already setup our visa interview on December 10th! We are so happy and nervous, we did our DS160 but I thought it was needed for scheduling interview but they never asked it when we scheduled for interview.

Stay strong eveyone! ?

renren20, on 22 Nov 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

We already setup our visa interview on December 10th! We are so happy and nervous, we did our DS160 but I thought it was needed for scheduling interview but they never asked it when we scheduled for interview.

Stay strong eveyone! ?

DS-160 is not needed to set your interview, only paying the interview fee. You will be asked at the interview for your DS-160 receipt with the barcode on it.

See http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!ds-160-confirmation-page-example/cwnw

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DS-160 is not needed to set your interview, only paying the interview fee. You will be asked at the interview for your DS-160 receipt with the barcode on it.

See http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!ds-160-confirmation-page-example/cwnw

Ok, thank you. I thought we missed something, because I read before that I need ds160 to schedule. Lol ?

Timeline

Stay strong everyone! ?

That's awesome!!

Guys, one question: I have my layover in JFK, final destination Detroit. Do I have to give my sealed envelope in JFK or Detroit? I am kind of confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First point of entry. All that exit off the plane will have to go through Customs. Hope you have a long layover. You will have to get your checked luggage and recheck them if you have any.

So exciting!!! ?????

That's awesome!!

Guys, one question: I have my layover in JFK, final destination Detroit. Do I have to give my sealed envelope in JFK or Detroit? I am kind of confused.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.