Dgk421fulton

Hi,new and lost on ds-160

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,we tried to fill this out while both being online. I didn't work out well. Help. First on her phone numbers. it took primary ,but would not allow" Does not apply "on secondary phone and work phone. So she just put the same number twice. Will this be ok? Second question on the work and education part. She put in her job now info. it then skips to ask her do you belong to a clan or tribe page with heading on top" additional work education training", but if you hit the back button it shows paged not filled in that it skipped over. On that page it says "Previous work education training". It then asks Where you previously employed and have you attended any educational institutions. Why did it skip this page, but when you back it up ,its there and says it must be answered? Last question. Dumb question. It ask for info about fiancé, fiancée .like full name, address, work. Is that info about me from usa or about her in the phils? Thank you, Dan

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,we tried to fill this out while both being online. I didn't work out well. Help. First on her phone numbers. it took primary ,but would not allow" Does not apply "on secondary phone and work phone. So she just put the same number twice. Will this be ok? Second question on the work and education part. She put in her job now info. it then skips to ask her do you belong to a clan or tribe page with heading on top" additional work education training", but if you hit the back button it shows paged not filled in that it skipped over. On that page it says "Previous work education training". It then asks Where you previously employed and have you attended any educational institutions. Why did it skip this page, but when you back it up ,its there and says it must be answered? Last question. Dumb question. It ask for info about fiancé, fiancée .like full name, address, work. Is that info about me from usa or about her in the phils? Thank you, Dan

As for the phone #, leaving the 2nd one blank isn't working for you?

There have been some computer glitches with DOS so there may still be lingering effects. Also long ping times tend to make a person click more than once when nothing happens the first time.... and long ping times are normal with the Phils, so click and wait, don't click a 2nd time - this may be how a page got missed.

And yes questions about the fiance refers to (you) the USC, being the beneficiary/applicant is completing the from ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Great, thank you. One more question. Can I Schedule Interview Before ds-160 Is done? Some say yes and some say no.

Yes you can schedule the interview. You must pay your interview fee first though because when you go to fill out the DS=160 it will ask for your receipt number from your payment receipt. Without it your dead in the water.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Great, thank you. One more question. Can I Schedule Interview Before ds-160 Is done? Some say yes and some say no.

Yes you can schedule the interview without completing the the DS-160

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Awesome, but I think it would probably be wise if we filled it out first and submitted it and looked it over again after printing before scheduling interview incase we make a mistake. Then we can just redo it. If I'm reading this right, after we make appointment for interview, then it's much harder to fix any mistakes on ds-160.. I'm here in usa, now and she is in phils. The page in question that skipped also skipped on me here in usa as I was just following along doing one myself, so I wasn't helping her in the blind. So it's strange that the same page skipped on us both. Also where it's says do you have any relatives in usa. She put yes, cause it says fiancé would be your relative. Look kinda strange to me, but it says it on form.

Timeline

Awesome, but I think it would probably be wise if we filled it out first and submitted it and looked it over again after printing before scheduling interview incase we make a mistake. Then we can just redo it. If I'm reading this right, after we make appointment for interview, then it's much harder to fix any mistakes on ds-160.. I'm here in usa, now and she is in phils. The page in question that skipped also skipped on me here in usa as I was just following along doing one myself, so I wasn't helping her in the blind. So it's strange that the same page skipped on us both. Also where it's says do you have any relatives in usa. She put yes, cause it says fiancé would be your relative. Look kinda strange to me, but it says it on form.

Easy to fix the DS-160 if you make an :oops: 1) if it is something small just have the CO "fix it" during the interview. 2) if it is major pooched, simple do a new DS-160 and bring the new confirmation page to the interview... done.

Your fiancee is correct, page 17 of the DS-160 states to use the fiance's info. I had to go look at the form.

The skipping page much bet a glitch left over from the china hack. Just have to work through it best you can.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you so much. Tried to upload pic of us for my profile pic, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Not real computer savy, but learning.

The picture is to be of just the APPLICANT. You may need to resize the picture, can do that easily by right clicking on the picture then choosing edit, from there click resize, the choose file and SAVE AS giving it a new name.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Guys, I think I figured out the skipped page. It only showed up when I pushed back after putting in info about her current job. So I went back to see if i put in she was unemployed what would happen. Then clicked continue. There it was the Page appeared and asked about past job and location and names of manager and past education and name of school. But if I go back to page before that and say she has a job now , which she does and put in location and then press continue. It then skips that next page and goes on and ask if she is in a tribe. So I guess Cause she has A job now,, That they dont Want To Know About past Job OR education since it skips that page.. Am I right ?

Guys, I think I figured out the skipped page. It only showed up when I pushed back after putting in info about her current job. So I went back to see if i put in she was unemployed what would happen. Then clicked continue. There it was the Page appeared and asked about past job and location and names of manager and past education and name of school. But if I go back to page before that and say she has a job now , which she does and put in location and then press continue. It then skips that next page and goes on and ask if she is in a tribe. So I guess Cause she has A job now,, That they dont Want To Know About past Job OR education since it skips that page.. Am I right ?

Yes your right. In some forms, if the answer is such, it trips the display of another page or section to complete. If your answer is different then the answer that trips the new page, then no such page exist, it just continues. It's just like an algebraic express, if(a=b or a > b, then go to).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.