fellaamazing

Canada September 2015 Interview Thread

153 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trust me that rush hour of Montreal is brutal.

Traffic in Montreal is always brutal, rush hour or not. :)

I-129F Sent : 2014-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-12-22

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-23

NVC Received : 2015-07-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-07-09

Medical : 2015-09-21

Interview : 2015-09-28 APPROVED

Visa in hand : 2015-10-02

US Entry : 2015-11-21

Wedding : 2015-12-12

AOS/AP/EAD request sent : 2015-12-22

AOS/AP/EAD NOA1: 2015-12-30

AOS Biometrics : 2016-01-25

AOS Approved : 2016-03-01

Permanent Resident card in hand : 2016-03-07

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh I forgot to mention about Zatzman.

The turn around time on the paperwork is a little over a week. His medical was on a Tuesday, he didn't recieve it until the next thursday.

My fiance took the train into Montreal and just walked everywhere. =]

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm. So they are actually giving the time slots as well rather than calling everyone in the morning unlike the past.

My appointment is at 8:00 AM

So hopefully it won't be a lineup i assume.

Hey Could you let me know what was the number you used to ask for an interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Could you let me know what was the number you used to ask for an interview?

You seem like K-1 visa. You have to schedule your interview yourself online. Reading from here, appointments don't necessarily open all the time though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Kind of unsure what to do at this point. I'm trying to book a medical exam for my husband and I'm just now finding out that he will have to get several tests performed by a family doctor to prove that he isn't an alcoholic (He has one DUI from 2008). Problem is, he doesn't have a family doctor. I'm also trying to get the forms from Dr. Mascarenhas so that when we get to Elliot Lake, Ontario (we are using my husband's grandparents' residence as a home base) we can get the required tests done at the emergency room. I e-mailed his office yesterday and went ahead and registered my husband's case and asked for an appointment this morning, but I still haven't heard back. We figured that we would go with Dr. Mascarenhas because he seems to have the quickest processing time.

Is there anyone else that has gone through these additional tests? I'm trying not to stress out, but since we're leaving Edmonton for Elliot Lake on Saturday night, there's just so much going on.

Timeline

Does anyone here use the Police criminal record check without any fingerprints and be approved during interview? I just to be sure that it's enough. I just went to the local police headquarters in Durham region and they give me the green form.

I took two finger printed reports (one with my old name and one with my new name) through commissionaire/RCMP

I also ordered one name based report from Windsor while I was in US, and picked it up before the interview.

I gave them all three, and they kept it. I just wanted to make sure they don't have any doubts based on my history of name change or birth place of Pakistan.

Now since you literally got your interview after 121 days of case complete which is extremely odd, and since your birth place is not Canada either, I would suggest taking both finger printed one and the name based one, just in case.

Also make sure once Montreal have your case, try to email and ask if your documents are complete, and if they require anything additional before the interview. (It worked for me since they asked me additional police certificate on my other name, which I already had)

By the way, did NVC tell you at all why they scheduled you so late, when everyone else (except usabound) had interviews within 70 days?

Timeline

I took two finger printed reports (one with my old name and one with my new name) through commissionaire/RCMP

I also ordered one name based report from Windsor while I was in US, and picked it up before the interview.

I gave them all three, and they kept it. I just wanted to make sure they don't have any doubts based on my history of name change or birth place of Pakistan.

Now since you literally got your interview after 121 days of case complete which is extremely odd, and since your birth place is not Canada either, I would suggest taking both finger printed one and the name based one, just in case.

Also make sure once Montreal have your case, try to email and ask if your documents are complete, and if they require anything additional before the interview. (It worked for me since they asked me additional police certificate on my other name, which I already had)

By the way, did NVC tell you at all why they scheduled you so late, when everyone else (except usabound) had interviews within 70 days?

The only explanation they told my husband was every case is different and to just wait like everybody else.

I will do that. Once my status change to ready I will email the consulate. Thank you.

Timeline

The only explanation they told my husband was every case is different and to just wait like everybody else.

I will do that. Once my status change to ready I will email the consulate. Thank you.

I wasn't given any explanation either. I sailed through everything up to the CC, and then waited for a bit over 4 months. I think the main reason is that my PD was in 2015 whereas most other Canadians who got interviews before me had theirs in 2014. There was one Canadian who had almost the same timeline and exact same visa and mine and had their interview very early. Who knows!

Feelamazing, did you just email the consulate to ask about documentation? I would like to ask the same - for example my police check is just the regular one, I didn't do any fingerprints (but was never asked/read about it either).

Timeline

I wasn't given any explanation either. I sailed through everything up to the CC, and then waited for a bit over 4 months. I think the main reason is that my PD was in 2015 whereas most other Canadians who got interviews before me had theirs in 2014. There was one Canadian who had almost the same timeline and exact same visa and mine and had their interview very early. Who knows!

Feelamazing, did you just email the consulate to ask about documentation? I would like to ask the same - for example my police check is just the regular one, I didn't do any fingerprints (but was never asked/read about it either).

Finger printed one isn't a requirement. But it did help my case. Specially my Pakistan birth and name change could potentially have put me in high risk categories.

Timeline

Anyone here tried to registered there appointment at http//ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv services

It kept saying not ready for appointment. My case was ready since Friday and I received an e-mail directing me to this website.

Timeline

Wait a couple of days, if it doesn't work, email canada_contactus+ca+ivcasenumber+en@visaops.net

Make sure your case number is entered in the subject line. Also "Case number not ready to schedule"

Add the following information in the email.

• Passport number
  • Date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Full name as it appears in the passport
  • DS-260 number
  • Email address
  • Phone number

They will reset your account. It's there for Loomis pickup.

Timeline

Wait a couple of days, if it doesn't work, email canada_contactus+ca+ivcasenumber+en@visaops.net

Make sure your case number is entered in the subject line. Also "Case number not ready to schedule"

Add the following information in the email.

• Passport number
  • Date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Full name as it appears in the passport
  • DS-260 number
  • Email address
  • Phone number

They will reset your account. It's there for Loomis pickup.

Thank you. I will try it again by Wednesday.

Timeline

I had my interview today and received my IR-1 visa! My intitial application was the CR-1 visa but because my process took over two years I am now in the there category. I submitted a review in the consulate forum but the highlights to note for paperwork:

- make sure police check is current (no more than a year old) and included ALL the names on your passport...full middle name

- original/certified documents of BOTH divorce decrees, marriage certificate, my birth certificate, bring your Loomis registration and interview letter. I was at the consulate for 4 hours and had two interviews of 10 minutes each: one to gather documents and the second to interview about the relationship, read the oath and welcome me to USA.

I was OVER prepared but it helped to make the process go ever so smoothly. I LOVE this website as it helped me become so ready.

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2013-08-01 (L)(L)

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-01

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-01

NVC Received : 2014-04-30

Received DS-261 /AOS Bill : 2014-06-05

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-15

Send AOS Package : 2014-06-30

Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-05

Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Send IV Package : 2014-07-20

4 RFE about the 1-864: 2014/08 to 2015/03

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-22

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-08-27

Medical: 2015-08-31 in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon M.

Interview Date : 2015-09-28 :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview Result : Approved :yes::yes::yes:

Passport received from Loomis: 2015-09-30

POE: 2015-10-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.