4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello!

It has been almost 7 years since I first petitioned for my son's visa. During that time my status changed from PR to Citizen and I did request the relevant visa change. He is based in South Africa and I am in SC.

I am embarrassed to admit that this has all taken so long that I can no longer even remember what his visa category is :/

My question, at this stage is:

I received an NVC Welcome Letter (PAOSF) last night. In order to begin NVC processing Step 2 says to pay a fee - does anyone know how much this fee is, please?

Thank you!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I'm assuming your son is unmarried and over 21 and if so, then when you were a LPR, the category was F2B and now that you are a USC, his category is F1.

Follow the directions on the welcome letter and logon to the ceac portal. You'll first need to pay the AOS fee of $120 and complete the Choice of Agent Form.

After they review the COA form, you will receive the IV fee of $325.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thank you! I had started going over previous documents and yes, you have it all correct. What are the benefits of appointing an agent? I had expected to be able to complete the necessary paperwork personally ... or is this not recommended?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Choice of Agent is just for the beneficiary i.e. your son, to choose someone to receive all emails and letters for his case. He can just choose the agent to be you, the petitioner and you can handle the paperwork yourself.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.