Renegade

Need an advice :(

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good day!

We are gay couple. I am a US citizen, but living and working outside of US for 15 years already, now I want to take my partner with me, and literally escape to the US, because same sex relationships are banned here.

I am considering using rapidvisa to do our case, however there are several confusing questions for us.

1) I don't have any income in the US, and no tax returns, so if I got it right, I will need a joint sponsor, or maybe two for us? I am willing to return to US, find a job and rent a house for us, prior to the interview.

2) Is it okay for USCIS that I'm not living in the US?

3) Is it okay for both of us, to use the same mailing address of our friend, to receive the hard copies of documents ? Because our parents don't know anything about our relationship :/

4) Should I say in the petition, that same sex relationships are not accepted in this country, and we just want to live and work peacefully in the States?

Thanks!

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi..we are a same sex couple and he came in on a K1. ask any questions you want. Inbox me for any confidential information. I dont provide too much info on here as it is public.

As to your questions:

I believe you need a sponsor for your partner. Where are you going to get married? Not sure where you are, but if you are near a country that allows marriage, then you could go that way and use a CR1.

It would be 'faster' to apply for a K1 Fiance(e?) Visa,though usually the USC Fiance(e?) is in the USA. So long as your Letter of Intent of BOTH of you specify you are going to get married in the USA on arroval within 90 days it should be ok...

Saying that same sex marriages are not allowed in the country you are in now are illegal will not help your case. I am sure the USCIS knows that already.

The whole process depending on where in the USA the 129f goes to takes over eight months. The CR1 is over 1.5 years I am told.

Anyone else can pipe in here...

David

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.