Nolabound

Immigration Medical - Canada

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there anyone here who can give a step by step of what exactly went on during their medical?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

Timeline

I just had my medical on the 14th of July with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas.

I arrived at the office, filled out a sheet that the receptionist gave me (just my name, address, phone number, and e-mail). Then gave her my vaccination records, one passport-sized photo and my passport to photocopy before sitting back down.

When I was called into his office, he verified the information I wrote down, asked me my height and weight (without weighing me), and asked if I had had chicken pox. He then took my blood pressure. Asked if I had a family doctor and if I get regular check ups, then told me I was free to go. He sent me downstairs for a chest x-ray, and then across the street for a blood test (one vile). That's it! It was $300 and I paid the extra $50 to have my results couriered to me. They arrived at my house two days later!

Super easy!

Timeline

They didn't even do blood tests or vision or anything? That's crazy, i've been all stressed about it because I came across a horror story of someone's medical and when he had gone for it - it showed something wrong with his xrays.

Did you bring your immunizations and it just checked that you were up to date?

I arrived at the office, filled out a sheet that the receptionist gave me (just my name, address, phone number, and e-mail). Then gave her my vaccination records, one passport-sized photo and my passport to photocopy before sitting back down.

When I was called into his office, he verified the information I wrote down, asked me my height and weight (without weighing me), and asked if I had had chicken pox. He then took my blood pressure. Asked if I had a family doctor and if I get regular check ups, then told me I was free to go. He sent me downstairs for a chest x-ray, and then across the street for a blood test (one vile). That's it! It was $300 and I paid the extra $50 to have my results couriered to me. They arrived at my house two days later!

Super easy!

it's nice to know it only took a couple days to get your results back. When is your interview?

Super easy!

Timeline

As I mentioned, they did take blood. But it was only one vile and really quick/painless. But no vision test or anything of that sort.

My interview is scheduled for July 30th. :)

Timeline

Sorry i read your first reply way to quickly cause I was excited to read it lol. I wish you luck in your interview! thanks for responding to me.

As I mentioned, they did take blood. But it was only one vile and really quick/painless. But no vision test or anything of that sort.

My interview is scheduled for July 30th. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

search the doctors name in this forum - we have about a million detailed medical reviews

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Super easy!

Wow.. 2 days couriered? You must be really lucky. Dr. Lyndon's office told me in email that it takes 5 to 7 days to get results back, and that too without mailing. They wanted me to take two weeks off from work.

You get a small physical from the doctor, some general health questions, a vial of blood, and an xray (in a gown for women.)

In the past people have gotten a "peek" at the genital area (are you boy or girl kind of peek) but I can't recall the last time someone mentioned that when they've written a review. It could be that it isn't required anymore.

There was a questionnaire for me and it did ask when I've had surgery (which I have) and other previous medical issues. Depression and drug abuse is on there for instance. I had a copy of my immunizations and proof of immunity from some blood work from my regular doctor.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If there is an issue with your xrays they will contact you. It's an extremely rare occurrence in Canadians so I wouldn't worry about it unless you've spent some time around people with tuberculosis. There are only about 1600 cases per year in Canada (out of 33 million people.... )

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.